BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Eras Tour coming to theaters!, October 13
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
...ready for it
post 12th October 2023, 06:13 PM
Post #21
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454

Movie premiere article and photos: https://wwd.com/pop-culture/celebrity-news/...ess-1235871813/
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 13th October 2023, 04:12 AM
Post #22
Group icon

The premiere look: https://www.billboard.com/wp-content/upload...lboard-1548.jpg

+Quote this post
conorw
post 13th October 2023, 09:05 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 137,667

It was so good! Just got home from seeing it. It was so awesome!

+Quote this post
Esmerelda
post 14th October 2023, 10:56 AM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 294

The audience was livelier than most concerts I've been to. Most people were on their feet after 20 mins.

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 14th October 2023, 11:50 AM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275

I will not go to see this as I will attend the tour next year.

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 15th October 2023, 10:02 PM
Post #26
Group icon

I've been doing a lot of reading about people's experiences and watching some clips that come up. I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to see the movie, but you know I will eventually!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 15th October 2023, 11:34 PM
Post #27
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

This was amazing. Really well shot and sound mixed perfectly. I cannot WAIT to experience the show for myself next year! AAAHHHH.

She has such a presence and an aura! Brilliant.

I have setlist song choice issues ('the 1' over 'cardigan'? U WOT??????!) I probably could've done without All Too Well being the 10 minute version and would rather have them give us another 'Speak Now' track. Gross that we only got 'Enchanted'! I was hoping for 'Long Live' - but it made sense with that being the end credits song.

Then all the other song choices were more down to preferred taste & her just doing my least faves from those albums etc.. - although I completely understand why they were chosen over my faves etc..

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 21st October 2023, 08:21 PM
Post #28
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

Just saw this, in Cineworld, so I guess they must have got a deal in the end to show it.

SO good, absolutely love the Eras element, to me it was like seeing nine mini concerts (although the debut was only represented in the acoustic section and didn't have its own visuals etc, I'd have liked to have seen Teardrops On My Guitar at least as that's the first song I ever heard and loved by Taylor all those years ago). Thought there'd be more of a section for Speak Now too seeing as it's a fan favourite, but Enchanted went down extremely well in the screening I was in.

All Too Well <3 My favourite part of the whole show I think, listening to that is always the quickest 10 minutes ever.

She looked so good in every era, the staging was amazing, loved the hut for the Folklore era, the big popstar look for Red/1989/Midnights, and love the coloured microphones for each era, every detail was on point of course.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 21st October 2023, 08:32 PM
Post #29
Group icon
I wanna keep all of your charm in a canister
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

I also saw it in Cineworld today! 10 minutes of 'All Too Well' was the moment of the show for me too, even if quite a few others took the time to use it as a bathroom break kink.gif that seemed to be the case during the folklore and evermore sections as well, less patience for back-to-back slower songs it seems laugh.gif

My biggest wish would have been better folklore representation (happy we did get 'august' though and did really appreciate the staging) and a bit more Speak Now, but otherwise was quite happy with song selection - the 1989 and Reputation sections really went off in particular, even without my favourite from each of those albums present ('Out Of The Woods' and 'Getaway Car').

SO excited to see her live for the first time next year!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 21st October 2023, 08:47 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Hello?

Yes, I saw a lot of people rush to the toilet as soon as All Too Well started too. I so enjoyed the Evermore and Folklore sections personally, visually they were such a treat, although I'd have loved to have seen No Body, No Crime.

It's funny though and not a complaint at all - I loved the Red era a lot when it was happening but to me the singles from that somehow felt like the most dated part of the whole show. 22 feels so far removed from Taylor's modern stuff, even moreso than the Fearless section somehow, and that dubstep breakdown in I Knew You Were Trouble I suppose will always be extremely of its time. I enjoyed them a lot still but I think I'd have personally swapped out 22 for one of the highlight album tracks.

And yes, quite weird how quickly glazed over Speak Now was.

But minor gripes, the whole thing was insanely good.

I wish I could get tickets for next year gah drama.gif

This post has been edited by gooddelta: 21st October 2023, 08:50 PM

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 21st October 2023, 11:49 PM
Post #31
Group icon

I think ‘Midnights’ & ‘folklore’ were the weakest sections for me! I think they could have chosen better songs for those sections. Not having ‘cardigan’ was a major miss for me from that section. I’d have much rather we got that over the 1 zzz.gif I do wish we got the full version of illicit affairs!

I think the ‘Midnights’ section was only weak for me coz all of them bar Anti-Hero & Mastermind are bottom half of the album for me, however Vigilante Shit was an absolute HIGHLIGHT of the show so I’m not mad at that one!

I get the criticisms of the ‘RED’ era but 22…….. was an absolute MOMENT. It’s such a great pop song!

+Quote this post
London
post 22nd October 2023, 09:27 AM
Post #32
Group icon
London Boy
User: 21,053

Oh wow - Can't believe that song wasn't included in the folklore section!

+Quote this post
London
post 22nd October 2023, 09:30 AM
Post #33
Group icon
London Boy
User: 21,053

Decided not to see this. Holding out for the main event next year was this very different / same as the live event? Maybe I'm being thick asking this question!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 22nd October 2023, 11:08 AM
Post #34
Group icon
Hello?

I enjoyed the Midnights section but would have finished on Anti-Hero. A few people left the cinema before the last couple of songs!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 22nd October 2023, 03:59 PM
Post #35
Group icon

I definitely wanted and thought we'd get the 'Long Live' performances due to the connection that song has in regards to her band and the fans for 'Speak Now' (and down to the fact that there was just one song for that album...)

I did love this though. Such a great and epic concert. I can't wait to experience it for myself in August! wub.gif

+Quote this post
777666jason
post 4th November 2023, 08:11 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 22,687

Watched this today bitter sweet , really enjoyed it (even if noone else seemed to move and was bopping like a mad man) made me even more gutted not going to the actual tour sob.gif sob.gif

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 16th November 2023, 07:13 AM
Post #37
Group icon

Did anyone get any of the popcorn buckets, cups, or any other movie merch?

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 13th December 2023, 06:37 AM
Post #38
Group icon

Golden Globe nomination: https://people.com/taylor-swift-earns-golde...ur-film-8414209

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 18th December 2023, 12:20 AM
Post #39
Group icon

I watched the movie today. It's so good. wub.gif I hope there is a DVD in the works!

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 27th December 2023, 11:09 AM
Post #40
Group icon

I really want to watch the movie again soon.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 07:36 PM