BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
33 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anne-Marie & Little Mix - Kiss My (Uh-Oh) • July, Single 30 | 23rd July 2021
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Frenchie
post Jul 7 2021, 06:17 PM
Post #21
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 72,030
   No Gallery Pics

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shadow2009
post Jul 7 2021, 06:43 PM
Post #22
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,059

I mean, I'm not going to turn away a new Little Mix song (and it'll probably be another top 10 for them at least) but I feel like some of their collabs are so underwhelming. They're one of the biggest acts in Britain and I feel like they're constantly 'helping out' other artists (Anne-Marie, Nathan Dawe, Cheat Codes, Charlie Puth, CNCO, Saweetie and all their other rap features besides Nicki and Stormzy) whereas it would be nice to see an actual collab where the star power is pretty equal I guess?

Also they've been dropping hints about this since at least 2019 so I'm glad it's finally getting released so we know it's done and they can move on. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Jul 7 2021, 06:45 PM
Post #23
#VoteGarden.Keh
Member No.: 32,047
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(jsweetxe @ Jul 6 2021, 06:33 PM) *
where did they even pull that name from?

it's giving "but if u wanna sing along sing I DON'T GIVE A WHAT"

Surely it’s from the fact the sample is the Uh Oh part of the Lumidee track?

+Quote Post
caseclosed
Post #24
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 23,311
   No Gallery Pics

To be fair CNCO helped them out more than the other way around considering Reggaeton Lento already had nearly a billion streams on Spotify and the boys would only benefit in the UK whereas the girls were handed an easy smash across all of Europe. It's one of their biggests smashes over here too, probably the biggest one.

+Quote Post
Perriechu
Post #25
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 109,885
   No Gallery Pics

just from that lil snippet it sounds like a little mix-esque song (plus kiss my (uh oh) is TOTALLY a little mix title lmao) so i'm a bit perched, i just hope anne-marie doesn't.. "anne-marie" all over it.

i agree about the collab comments, like it's sorta nice to see people using little mix because they're at that level but we deserve a big collab with production value, choreo - something as ridiculous as rain on me

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Jul 7 2021, 06:53 PM
Post #26
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

QUOTE(shadow2009 @ Jul 7 2021, 07:43 PM) *
I mean, I'm not going to turn away a new Little Mix song (and it'll probably be another top 10 for them at least) but I feel like some of their collabs are so underwhelming. They're one of the biggest acts in Britain and I feel like they're constantly 'helping out' other artists (Anne-Marie, Nathan Dawe, Cheat Codes, Charlie Puth, CNCO, Saweetie and all their other rap features besides Nicki and Stormzy) whereas it would be nice to see an actual collab where the star power is pretty equal I guess?

Also they've been dropping hints about this since at least 2019 so I'm glad it's finally getting released so we know it's done and they can move on. laugh.gif

Anne-Marie's had one of the biggest hits of 2021 as well as another top 20 and another top 40 this year, I'm not sure she needs Little Mix's charity. Charlie Puth was also established at the time of Oops (he'd had two UK #1s and two more big hits, and was on the cusp of two more big top 10s within the following year). Nathan Dawe and Cheat Codes weren't exactly unknowns either and Saweetie's recently had a big US top 20 (which also spent several weeks top 40 here). Perhaps most of these aren't on Little Mix's level but to say it's "helping out" doesn't seem fair either when many of those artists aren't strangers to hit singles either!

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Jul 7 2021, 06:56 PM
Post #27
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

Ksi saved anne marie tbf anything he touches is a smash and anne marie is so heavily reliant now on having features that it makes glory days campaign look tame

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Jul 7 2021, 06:58 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(Ho-Lee Smokes @ Jul 7 2021, 07:56 PM) *
Ksi saved anne marie tbf anything he touches is a smash and anne marie is so heavily reliant now on having features that it makes glory days campaign look tame

KSI helped Don't Play get off to such a huge start instantly but it was a huge hit and I fully expect it would've quickly grown into a top 5 smash if it were Anne-Marie solo anyway.

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Jul 7 2021, 07:02 PM
Post #29
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

negative.

I'd be interested to see how a solo anne marie song does now though although we probably wont get it for a while as the album will be released so i wouldn't count a post single.

+Quote Post
shadow2009
post Jul 7 2021, 07:10 PM
Post #30
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,059

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Jul 7 2021, 07:53 PM) *
Anne-Marie's had one of the biggest hits of 2021 as well as another top 20 and another top 40 this year, I'm not sure she needs Little Mix's charity. Charlie Puth was also established at the time of Oops (he'd had two UK #1s and two more big hits, and was on the cusp of two more big top 10s within the following year). Nathan Dawe and Cheat Codes weren't exactly unknowns either and Saweetie's recently had a big US top 20 (which also spent several weeks top 40 here). Perhaps most of these aren't on Little Mix's level but to say it's "helping out" doesn't seem fair either when many of those artists aren't strangers to hit singles either!

I mean, if we're going to be pedantic about it -

Anne-Marie hasn't had a SOLO hit since 2018. There's a reason she's been attached to so many popular artists since then and why she needs a Little Mix collab to launch her album. Just a top ten hit featuring on someone else's track doesn't mean that you have a fanbase. Charlie was the same situation - his two number 1's were features. Nathan Dawe and Cheat Codes as relatively unknown dance DJ's with a couple of top 40's under their belt managing to nab Little Mix for a single is definitely helping them out more than the girls. Saweetie's top 20 hit in the US is irrelevant to the UK. mellow.gif

I'm not saying these artists are unknown but there's quite clearly a difference between one of the biggest acts in Britain and these artists.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Jul 7 2021, 07:28 PM
Post #31

QUOTE(shadow2009 @ Jul 7 2021, 08:10 PM) *
I mean, if we're going to be pedantic about it -

Anne-Marie hasn't had a SOLO hit since 2018. There's a reason she's been attached to so many popular artists since then and why she needs a Little Mix collab to launch her album. Just a top ten hit featuring on someone else's track doesn't mean that you have a fanbase. Charlie was the same situation - his two number 1's were features. Nathan Dawe and Cheat Codes as relatively unknown dance DJ's with a couple of top 40's under their belt managing to nab Little Mix for a single is definitely helping them out more than the girls. Saweetie's top 20 hit in the US is irrelevant to the UK. mellow.gif

I'm not saying these artists are unknown but there's quite clearly a difference between one of the biggest acts in Britain and these artists.

Why does her last solo hit matter, though? Don't Play was Anne-Marie as the lead artist, as is current top 20 hit Our Song - sure, both are collabs, but her name clearly has some power and she's absolutely one of the biggest British artists around (not to mention her debut album went platinum, a huge achievement for an album in this day and age). In my opinion, she's exactly the kind of artist Little Mix should be collaborating with!

One of Charlie's #1s was a feature, the other was Marvin Gaye on which he was the lead artist. Nathan Dawe had two of the biggest hits of 2020. Cheat Codes had dropped in relevance so I understand that one more but they weren't exactly unknowns, and as far as the US goes, Cheat Codes had a bigger hit there than Little Mix have ever had (sadly). And, I mean, I'm not sure why the US chart is so irrelevant - Saweetie probably thinks she's helping Little Mix gain some fans in the US so it works both ways.

Basically my point is that all of these artists are on different tiers but some are closer to Little Mix's status than you think (even if LM are obviously the bigger name in the UK).

+Quote Post
Slayer
post Jul 7 2021, 07:44 PM
Post #32
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 120,499

QUOTE(Frenchie @ Jul 7 2021, 07:17 PM) *

Where did they get this from?!

+Quote Post
Frenchie
post Jul 7 2021, 07:51 PM
Post #33
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 72,030
   No Gallery Pics

I’m not sure but there are others.

Also Anne-Marie is on Capital Friday morning with a announcement so I imagine it’s about the song and that it’ll be out next week.

+Quote Post
pippa
post Jul 7 2021, 11:22 PM
Post #34
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

Little Mix, if this date is correct, could have 3 songs in the Top 40.

+Quote Post
Perriechu
post Jul 8 2021, 08:49 AM
Post #35
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 109,885
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(pippa @ Jul 8 2021, 12:22 AM) *

I don't think Confetti will hold onto the top 20 (I'm not sure what position its at actually) they could have 3 songs top 20 on the 23rd if Confetti pulls through

+Quote Post
Mr. C. Joel
post Jul 8 2021, 09:39 AM
Post #36
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Member No.: 7,475

QUOTE(pippa @ Jul 8 2021, 12:22 AM) *

It’s going on to ACR...

+Quote Post
Lunar
post Jul 8 2021, 09:56 AM
Post #37
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 73,703
   No Gallery Pics

Out July 23rd along with Therapy according to OCC article.

The track samples Lumidee's R&B smash Never Leave You (Uh Oh), a Number 2 hit in 2003, and will serve as the album's fourth single, released the same day as the album on July 23.

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post Jul 8 2021, 10:02 AM
Post #38
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

i love how little mix fans are saying how reliant she is on collabs when literally their strategy to get a hit is to throw another artist on the song laugh.gif I think there's a run from 'Touch' up to 'Break Up Song' where they didn't have a solo single? So I'm not sure how one can justify saying anne-marie can't have a solo hit, when arguably, neither could Little Mix?

+Quote Post
Mr. C. Joel
post Jul 8 2021, 10:32 AM
Post #39
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Member No.: 7,475

QUOTE(dannjohn @ Jul 8 2021, 11:02 AM) *
i love how little mix fans are saying how reliant she is on collabs when literally their strategy to get a hit is to throw another artist on the song laugh.gif I think there's a run from 'Touch' up to 'Break Up Song' where they didn't have a solo single? So I'm not sure how one can justify saying anne-marie can't have a solo hit, when arguably, neither could Little Mix?

Actually I’d say they’ve had more solo hits than non solo hits. They’ve used features but the singles on the most part were already doing reasonably well.

In fairness Anne-Marie and her team have panicked a bit because of the flops and gone down the Collab route, so they have definitely saved her this era.

+Quote Post
post Jul 8 2021, 10:33 AM
Post #40
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

QUOTE(dannjohn @ Jul 8 2021, 11:02 AM) *

Yeah they had a really long period with a load of collabs! (I doin't count Touch at all) but NMSS>Power>RL>Only You>WLM>TAU was a very long run of collabs!

Then they had a break where they had BB>OIBM>BUS>Holiday>Sweet Melody. But now they're back on the collabs phase it seems.

+Quote Post

33 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:10 PM