BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Line of Duty - Series 4, BBC One | Sunday 26th March
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post Mar 12 2017, 05:08 PM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
Series 4 will be getting the prestigious Sunday night slot when it returns at 9pm on 26th March on BBC One for its fourth series! Thandie Newton is joining the cast along with others.

Very excited for this, caught up with all the series last year and it was so tense with lots of unexpected twists. The interview scenes are also some of the best moments on TV!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Mar 12 2017, 06:14 PM
Post #2
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
Buzzing for this. BBC One must have some great faith to be putting the show on in this slot.

Can only hope it's still full of great twists!

+Quote this post
Maz!
post Mar 12 2017, 07:58 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 20,217
Can't Wait for this tbh

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Mar 12 2017, 08:12 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
The third season was epic so this has a lot to live up to!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Mar 13 2017, 01:12 AM
Post #5
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Yassssss! Had no clue this was going to be back so soon!! ohmy.gif wub.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Mar 26 2017, 09:04 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
What an opener! Gripping opening and closing scenes and intriguing all the way through.

I loved how the voiceovers who introduced and signed off the episode hyped it up; they don't usually inject that much opinion.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Mar 27 2017, 01:21 PM
Post #7
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
I was about to complain about them killing off the big name lead once again in the opener but what a further twist those last few seconds were! Really hope she manages to survive despite it being inches away from her face as it'd be a shame for them to repeat last year's (and Series 2 I think) opening twist. At least let her have a couple more episodes before you kill her off laugh.gif

Still a really execellent opener all round, and a perfect way for new viewers to jump on, especially with the first quarter solely dedicated to the new characters and new case.

Also, its not a BBC drama if it doesn't have Jason watkins in! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Apr 4 2017, 07:57 PM
Post #8
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
EPISODE 2 SPOILERS

Oh, so they did still go with the big name death in Ep 1, just not the one people would think! Love how everything always goes completely out of control on this show though. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Apr 10 2017, 11:55 AM
Post #9
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
THAT ENDING!! AGAIN!

I did think the episode (and the series so far) had been leading up to it, particularly when they brought the new person in. He's been getting a bit cocky and big for his boots but still, if he has died, I would have thought they would have done that in the finale or penultimate episode! I know the initial plan was for him to die in Series 3 but its still very shocking all the same!!

It does make you wonder just WHAT the husband's involvement in the whole messy situation is.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Apr 10 2017, 10:57 PM
Post #10
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(Irn Broot @ Apr 10 2017, 12:55 PM) *
THAT ENDING!! AGAIN!

I did think the episode (and the series so far) had been leading up to it, particularly when they brought the new person in. He's been getting a bit cocky and big for his boots but still, if he has died, I would have thought they would have done that in the finale or penultimate episode! I know the initial plan was for him to die in Series 3 but its still very shocking all the same!!

It does make you wonder just WHAT the husband's involvement in the whole messy situation is.

I hope Steve isn't dead. The writing looks on the wall, but I could see him still pulling through, there's certainly a twist yet in the tale.

I can't quite work the series out. The husband has some involvement in it, but I don't think he was the one who attacked Steve. I think the husband's lawyer friend has something to do with it. Unsure right now what links everything together (I suspect it's Ros' police boss).

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Apr 23 2017, 09:04 PM
Post #11
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
😱😱😱

Neeed that final episode!! So many questions that I need answering. One of the most important being why does Ros' husband keep spelling Jimmy Lakewell's name!!!!

I wonder if they'll reveal the corrupt policeman that Cotton was on about. It is interesting that you have Hilton and Hastings and is it coincidental that Huntley starts with a H, or she is not high up enough? kink.gif

Been SUCH a good series, possibly the best yet. Maybe need a refresher of Series 1 after the links tonight!

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Apr 24 2017, 07:50 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Surely Jimmy Lakewell's balaclava man? Or is that too obvious laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Apr 24 2017, 11:22 PM
Post #13
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
I have no idea where the series is going, but right now it looks like Hilton is probably the most corrupt officer and Jimmy is Balaclava Man.

As I suspected, the killings are not random. There are loads of questions for the final episode!

+Quote this post
Klaus
post May 1 2017, 02:04 PM
Post #14
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
Brilliant finale, especially those incredibly tense final moments! I know some are disappointed with the Balaclava Man/Men reveal but I never saw it as a whodunnit so I think it was a great payoff, with there being this group/gang ABOVE the bent coppers.

Ros really did put herself in a massive mess though considering she actually wasn't setting up Michael as the killer. Just a bit odd that she tried to blame everyone and their dog (including her own husband!!) for her killing in self-defence after she literally had a saw inches away from her face. It is hard to plead self-defence but she went to extreme measures to try and cover it up.

That last minute though was incredibly dodgy with Hastings but he would have to be like an incredible mastermind to be H! I just also think that him shooting the balaclava guy with a brilliant aim enforces the suspicions.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post May 1 2017, 02:21 PM
Post #15
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
Very enjoyable finale, but imo this series was a let down on the whole against previous series. The reason I think is because this series was rushed rather which is why there are a few real big plotholes etc. But still a really good final episode and it hinted at something much bigger.

Surely Hastings cannot be the big bad? There would have to be some real things we have not picked up for that to happen.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post May 4 2017, 08:00 PM
Post #16
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
Renewed for a sixth series on top of the previously announced fifth!! cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post May 9 2017, 09:05 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
No fifth season until 2019... mellow.gif mellow.gif

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Dec 27 2017, 03:17 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585
Full boxset, including Series 4, is now on iPlayer until Jan 15th! So glad I'm getting to see Series 4 having been a latecomer to this show earlier this year. Only 2 episodes in and once again I'm gripped!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:56 AM