BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Chappie, Director: Neill Blomkamp | Sharlto Copley & Hugh Jackman
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Insomnio
post Feb 1 2015, 10:39 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
I really enjoyed "District 9" which was one of my favourite movies in 2009. Neill Blomkamp is very good director. "Chappie" looks very interesting and I think that it will be very emotional in some parts. "Chappie" is set to be released on March 6, 2015. Its music is epic.

Clue: As well as staring Sharlto Copley, Chappie also stars Dev Patel. What was his breakout role that allowed him to take up this opportunity. Hint: It could be both of what you may be thinking. Choices.

This post has been edited by Rooney: Mar 5 2016, 09:25 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Feb 1 2015, 10:43 PM
Post #2
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
I am really looking forward to this. I saw the trailer and it looked very good wub.gif

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post Feb 1 2015, 10:49 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
QUOTE(Ultraviolence1989 @ Feb 2 2015, 12:43 AM) *
I am really looking forward to this. I saw the trailer and it looked very good wub.gif

I guess that it will have a sad ending and I'm old enough to cry in the cinema.. God damn it!

+Quote this post
Roasted Studios
post Feb 2 2015, 09:40 AM
Post #4
Group icon
New Entry
User: 7,111
Visually it looks similar to Elysium, which wasn't a great movie but still, seems to be back in his comfort zone.

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post Feb 6 2015, 09:11 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
QUOTE(Roasted Studios @ Feb 2 2015, 11:40 AM) *
Visually it looks similar to Elysium, which wasn't a great movie but still, seems to be back in his comfort zone.

I totally forgot that he directed "Elysium". However, I found it quite good..

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Feb 7 2015, 07:23 PM
Post #6
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
It's pretty good on its own but DIE ANTWOORD wub.gif wub.gif They make it so much better

+Quote this post
johnniewalk
post Feb 12 2015, 07:32 AM
Post #7
Group icon
New Entry
User: 21,537
Hi, District 9 is a movie which is explaining that life is a game if you want to win then you should ready for everything....

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Mar 1 2015, 11:17 PM
Post #8
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
Really think this is going to bomb and get horrid reviews sad.gif
It really sounds bad that they are only previewing the film to critics 24 hours before release meaning that it is likely to be bad

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Mar 7 2015, 12:33 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
Don't care what the reviews were this was really really good. Great storyline, really well acted & of course Die Antwoord making it even greater.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 7 2015, 02:19 PM
Post #10
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
I too, really enjoyed this. On a par with 'District 9' for me (although D9 might have the edge slightly). It was really well made! Die Antwoord were a lot better than I had anticipated them being. It really shows how far effects have come though! Not once does it go through your mind that the robots are CGI. One of my favourite films so far this year!

The emotion Neil uses to connect us with the robots is astonishing!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Mar 7 2015, 04:01 PM
Post #11
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
I want to see this despite the reviews

Anyway it is tanking in America. 4.75M OD supposedly and about 13M OW probably laugh.gif

+Quote this post
post Mar 8 2015, 09:25 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
I have no idea how the reviews are so bad? It's a really good film. End of.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Mar 8 2015, 05:22 PM
Post #13
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
I couldn't take this entirely seriously with Die Antwoord. Yolandi was alright but I hated Ninja so much, awful. As much as "Enter The Ninja" is a tune.

Chappie was cute when he wasn't being a bad robot and I have a soft spot for Dev Patel. As a whole it was an alright way to pass the time but not much more for me.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Mar 18 2015, 06:34 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
as always with his films, I left disappointed. He really has no idea how to make characters sympathetic, essentially everyone is a vicious baddie or conniving ruthless git, conveniently ignored by the sloppily sentimental ending. Even Dev Patel's character is a thief, and he's the hero. Chappie, sort of engaging robot, but the scene where supposedly
he kills some police because he doesn't understand lethal weapons kill - AFTER he's just absorbed the entire knowledge of the internet! - is silly and illogical.
The script and some of the actors had room for improvement. The dialogue needed a re-write.

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post Jun 19 2015, 12:12 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
"Chappie" is undoubtedly one of the movies I expected to see more than any other this year! It was released in my country over two months ago and could only be seen in large multiplex. Having seen the official trailer 4 months before, I was completely convinced that "Chappie" will not disappoint me at all with its overall effect. The epic music of Hans Zimmer, which is heard in the official trailer, always gives me goose bumps. Although it hit its peak at the Box Office three months ago, its total earnings were quite lukewarm in the USA.
"Chappie" is an original script idea of the talented South African director / writer Neil Blomcamp. Do not forget that this man gave us the amazing "District 9" and gained millions of fans worldwide! "Chappie" is based on the story of a robot with highly developed artificial intelligence. The story takes place in Johannesburg in 2016 and the protagonist is the manufacturer Deon Wilson who is trying to achieve something innovative in its field. Unfortunately for him, things will not go as he expected and he will find himself unintentionally entangled with a gang of gangsters who will stand in the whole exercise. Neil Blomcamp has done a decent job in his new movie and made sure to use aptly this story in order to spread social messages to the viewers. Moreover, the same has happened with both of his previous work such as "District 9" and "Elysium". And "Chappie" essentially shows the reaction, the hatred and the derision of the world for someone who is different in society. The directing of the movie was very good and the picture from Sony was excellent on the big screen! The scenario was quite good and the characters were very nice. I believe "Chappie" would not be the same without the Ninja and Yolandi Vi $$ who are members of zef rap-rave group Die Antwoord. Their participation was crucial to the development of the film. In addition, the remaining performances were good enough since Dev Patel was perfect in the main role while Hugh Jackman was convincing in the bad guy role. We usually see him playing the good guy and he made the difference in Chappie. The participation of Sigourney Weaver was another positive fact for the film. "Chappie" had also great visual effects concerning it low budget, elaborate montage, nice cinematography and very loud sound effects. Honestly, I did not find anything negative in its content as it was seen pleasantly although it had some very touching moments. However, they could have removed the songs of Die Antwoord which are heard during the movie and they could have added the sensational music of Hans Zimmer which is heard in the official trailer. If they had done this in the last scenes of the movie, I would have left the cinema hallvery excited.
"Chappie" received negative reviews from the experts in the film industry but the public does not seem particularly affected by them. If someone refers to comments that exist under the official trailer on You Tube, he can understand it. Personally, I found it pretty interesting movie as my friends and I think it deserves to have a sequel. Besides, Neil Blomcamp had it in his mind while he wrote the trilogy of "Chappie". It managed to outnumber its budget worldwide and it has received a good average score in IMDb (7.0). Do not expect to see the best science fiction movie, but surely it will cause you a lot of positive emotions.

This post has been edited by Insomnio: Jun 24 2015, 09:39 PM

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Aug 24 2015, 09:11 PM
Post #16
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
I loved this even though Ninja was so annoying! Chappie was so cute and I found it really interesting and quite fun as well wub.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:18 AM