BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 2022 United States Midterms
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Steve201
post 10th November 2022, 12:23 AM
Post #41
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

Yeh the Jan 6th riots have def had an impact on centrist voters. One of my mates in Washington is a republican and wanted trump to win but hopes it all ends now!

Interesting it takes for them to lose their vote to turn against him and not an insurrection and election denying etc!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brer
post 10th November 2022, 12:39 AM
Post #42
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

The good news is that it looks like most of the 'we'll send Republican electors even if our state votes Democrat' types running for secretary of state and the like seem to be either losing or in safe Republican states anyway. But yeah. That's quite a concern. (There's also a pending Supreme Court decision relating to it which is, to put it lightly, extremely scary and also doesn't have anything to do with the current election cycle so we'd still have to be worrying about it even if Dems won literally every race. But that's a doom for another day)

It's interesting and probably encouraging to note that I don't think we've seen many (any?) Republicans who've lost races crying stolen election this time... the one that I've seen some suggestion of that from afaia is Kari Lake in Arizona (governor race) but unfortunately there's a good chance she's going to win anyway.

The Electoral College needed getting rid of at least 22 years ago to save us all this dooming but hey ho

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 10th November 2022, 12:50 AM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

Can somehow Cortez Masto push through for Nevada please...because seriously it's still a pretty bad day for Dems and controlling at least the Senate could ease the pain a little bit!!!

+Quote this post
dhwe
post 10th November 2022, 01:24 AM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 21,384

I’ve read the remaining votes in Nevada come from the dem-favored urban centers (las Vegas and Reno) so there’s hope yet. right now though I’m paying attention to nm-2, looks like the dems’ next best chance to flip an incumbent republican seat (from what I can see on the nytimes page anyway, I haven’t gone through every race. oh shit and the boebert race too! currently sitting at D+0.02 lmfaooo

+Quote this post
dhwe
post 10th November 2022, 01:28 AM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Dr. Bré @ Nov 9 2022, 07:39 PM) *
It's interesting and probably encouraging to note that I don't think we've seen many (any?) Republicans who've lost races crying stolen election this time... the one that I've seen some suggestion of that from afaia is Kari Lake in Arizona (governor race) but unfortunately there's a good chance she's going to win anyway.

tearsmile.gif

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 10th November 2022, 05:13 AM
Post #46
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

it is amazing how it seems pretty much nobody likes Mastriano. Let him rant and rave.

QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ Nov 9 2022, 06:59 PM) *
Certainly could've been worse news to wake up to this morning, Trump and the Republicans not accepting the results will be the icing on the cake that it didn't go their way biggrin.gif

I like to think that Roe v Wade was a factor in the red wave fizzling out even with Biden's patchy reign so far and that's encouraging as it shows that blatant fascist acts cannot go unpunished, and hopefully if the Dems hold the senate, it won't be as much of a lame duck last term. It also hopefully all but confirms Trump won't run again, he'll undoubtedly try, but I would put real faith in even the sodding Republican party that a man under criminal investigation and who (legally clearly in some way) incited the Capitol riots wouldn't be the best bet for the White House, not that someone like DeSantis would be any better mind x

see this is the thing, I want them to fight. I want Trump and DeSantis to tear absolute pieces out of each other. Because DeSantis is legitimately scary as a prospect. Not that Trump getting back isn't, but he's old, a few fast food meals and a positive Covid diagnosis away from keeling over, and is getting the blame for this because so many of his candidates lost alongside his legal troubles. I do think at this point in time Trump is the lesser threat.

DeSantis could be the fascist with a strong power base. He and his ilk actually did well out of these elections. Not the batshit crazy, can't keep their soup down, election denying Trumpian candidates, but the smart-looking and well-dressed fascists with a not-so-secret penchant for lynching minorities and queers, they're still in/got elected. He's looking good for a 2024 run.

+Quote this post
ta-ra*el~la
post 10th November 2022, 08:21 AM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 18,962

I would rather Trump than DeSantis, if forced to choose. DeSantis is very scary.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 10th November 2022, 10:00 PM
Post #48
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Aaand Boebert wins sad.gif

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 10th November 2022, 10:28 PM
Post #49
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 10th November 2022, 10:41 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

I don't think it's called yet...she took a lead but there are about 5k votes yet to be counted!!!

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 12th November 2022, 09:25 AM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

Arizona has been called for the Democrats so the Senate is now 49-49.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 12th November 2022, 09:40 AM
Post #52
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Good news for Mark Kelly, and the Democrats as a whole.

It looks as if what is left to count in Nevada should, I hope, be enough to pull CCM into a lead for the Democrats which will put us at 50-49 and a lot less pressure on Warnock for the runoff (which I think will work in his favour, he's already ahead and the GOP won't be as motivated to pour money in on Walker if there's no chance of them gaining Senate control from it).

House is looking like it'll be almost a straight tie based on what's left to call. Advantage GOP I think to get a majority of between 1 and 5 (just incredible that it's looking to be that small), but could really come down to CO-3 (Boebert vs Frisch) or another similarly neck-and-neck race like CA-13.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 12th November 2022, 11:48 AM
Post #53
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Red wave so big it wouldn’t even be 1nm high in a toilet bowl

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 12th November 2022, 02:07 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

Really happy to see how well the Democrats have held on and no Republican wave manifested. Let's hope the next couple years Biden's administration can get the US economy into a strong position for the next election. With US inflation looking to have peaked and be on its way down things should get a lot better in the US come next year (can't say the same for the UK though).

+Quote this post
Qween
post 12th November 2022, 05:33 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

Ideally a GOP lead in the house of 1/2 would be far more difficult and damaging to them given they’d have to appease the likes of MTG and Boebert and their specific brand of lunacy to pass ANYTHING. Nancy would probably be able to whip Dems into line enough if they do eke out a win, but probably better to have no expectations of being able to pass anything (and hopefully, therefore, no disappointment).

Ultimately when all the dust has settled there’s going to be a LOT of lengthy articles and discussions around redistricting in NY, safe to says Dems would have the House sewn up if they hadn’t botched that so badly.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 12th November 2022, 09:42 PM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(Qween @ Nov 12 2022, 05:33 PM) *
Ideally a GOP lead in the house of 1/2 would be far more difficult and damaging to them given they’d have to appease the likes of MTG and Boebert and their specific brand of lunacy to pass ANYTHING. Nancy would probably be able to whip Dems into line enough if they do eke out a win, but probably better to have no expectations of being able to pass anything (and hopefully, therefore, no disappointment).

Ultimately when all the dust has settled there’s going to be a LOT of lengthy articles and discussions around redistricting in NY, safe to says Dems would have the House sewn up if they hadn’t botched that so badly.

It says a lot about the flaws in the US electoral system that someone can criticise a party for not being good enough at gerrymandering.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 13th November 2022, 02:11 AM
Post #57
Group icon

Democrats have won Washington's 3rd house district which FiveThirtyEight had as a 98% chance of a Republican hold (which actually makes it even more of an unlikely flip than Boebert's seat by their numbers)! That is a seat which was held by one of the Republicans who voted to impeach Trump, though she lost the Republican primary to a more hardline Trumpist Republican and that seems to have led directly to them losing what should have been an unquestionable hold. You love to see it.

The path to the Democrats winning the House seems to just barely still be open, failing that it's going to be a single figure majority for the Republicans following the above call.

Basically relying on the outstanding mail vote in California and Arizona to be very Democrat leaning (it should be at least somewhat Democrat leaning but the Republicans currently have a fairly big lead in a couple of those tossup seats).

I think it's looking like Cortez Masto is very likely going to be ok in Nevada which will lower the stakes of the Georgia runoff (though hopefully Warnock will win there as well anyway).

+Quote this post
dhwe
post 13th November 2022, 02:21 AM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Nevada just been called for Cortez-masto, also keeping a dem senate majority

+Quote this post
Brer
post 13th November 2022, 02:24 AM
Post #59
Group icon

Ah I should have waited 10 minutes to make that post laugh.gif

Great news then.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 13th November 2022, 11:52 AM
Post #60
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Superb that it won’t come down to GA which should mean a bit of disinterest from the gop and hopefully then an easier ride to a Dem hold

Because they do need it because the 2024 map is not friendly

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 05:44 PM