BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Riser Monthly, OCTOBER 2016
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Riser
post Oct 31 2016, 05:00 AM
Post #1
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

1. Ariana Grande feat. Nicki Minaj – Side To Side [4-1]
2. DJ Snake feat. Justin Bieber – Let Me Love You [7-3-2]
3. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey feat. Zedd – Starving [39-18-3]
4. Daya – Sit Still, Look Pretty [18-12-11-4]
5. Alessia Cara – Scars To Your Beautiful [17-5]
6. Ariana Grande – Into You [20-10-1-1-6]
7. Nick Jonas feat. Ty Dolla $ign – Bacon [33-7]
8. Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha – In The Name Of Love [7-8]
9. Banks – Trainwreck
10. The Chainsmokers feat. Halsey – Closer [32-6-10]

11. Calvin Harris – My Way
12. The Naked And Famous – Higher [8-2-12]
13. Toulouse – I Will Follow You
14. Tove Lo – Cool Girl
15. Frenship & Emily Warren – Capsize [16-15]
16. Sia feat. Kendrick Lamar – The Greatest [26-16]
17. Joseph – White Flag
18. Lauren Alaina – Road Less Traveled
19. Billy Currington – It Don’t Hurt Like It Used To
20. Lady Gaga – Perfect Illusion [25-20]
21. Kungs vs. Cookin’ On 3 Burners – This Girl [7-1-4-12-21]
22. Fifth Harmony feat. Fetty Wap – All In My Head (Flex) [2-3-8-22]
23. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens [39-28-21-23]
24. Meghan Trainor feat. Yo Gotti – Better
25. DJ Khaled feat. Drake – For Free [9-13-25]
26. Ellie Goulding – Still Falling For You [32-26]
27. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic
28. Kiiara – Gold [17-16-2-5-28]
29. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better [32-17-9-29]
30. Maren Morris – 80s Mercedes
31. Adele – Send My Love (To Your New Lover) [1-3-6-15-31]
32. Nadia Tehran – Cash Flow
33. CL – Lifted
34. Brothers Osborne – 21 Summer
35. Emeli Sande– Hurts
36. Young M.A – Ooouuu
37. Major Lazer feat. Justin Bieber & MΨ – Cold Water [18-19-37]
38. The Weeknd feat. Daft Punk – Starboy
39. Kenny Chesney feat. P!nk – Setting The World On Fire
40. OneRepublic – Kids

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mangψ
post Oct 31 2016, 03:10 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 151
Hey Jordan! Happy Halloween to you biggrin.gif done/doing anything exciting for it?

1. Ariana Grande feat. Nicki Minaj – Side To Side [4-1] Great choice of #1 this month! When was the last time an artist knocked themselves off #1 here?
3. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey feat. Zedd – Starving [39-18-3] I don't really like the "starving till I tasted you" lyric, but aside from that it's a decent enough song I guess.
5. Alessia Cara – Scars To Your Beautiful [17-5] I can't really connect with her or her songs, which is a shame as I think she has a lovely voice.
11. Calvin Harris – My Way Definitely his weakest song in recent times. And I think both the chart run and R1 playlist run also reflect that!
14. Tove Lo – Cool Girl Couldn't get into this much. However the follow up True Disaster is really good, so I'm hoping that can do things officially!
16. Sia feat. Kendrick Lamar – The Greatest [26-16] Another Top 20? I'll take that, even if this doesn't progress to Top 10 for you smile.gif
27. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic This sounds very on trend and the video is cool and everything but it just doesn't have a melody to speak of. Such a disappointment for me!
31. Adele – Send My Love (To Your New Lover) [1-3-6-15-31] My little girl loves this video but only because she knows how much I hate it unsure.gif we both love the song though so it's all good wub.gif
35. Emeli Sande– Hurts It's criminal that this hasn't gone Top 20 yet, because it's such a great comeback single! Still not sure if she's performing this or Breathing Underwater on next weekend's XF but at least if she performs this it will get closer to a more deserving chart position smile.gif
36. Young M.A – Ooouuu Worst song title EVER EVER EVER. It makes me not even want to ever listen to the song!
38. The Weeknd feat. Daft Punk – Starboy This was OK to start with but I've grown bored of it quite quickly. False Alarm is very good though, hopefully that can smash!
39. Kenny Chesney feat. P!nk – Setting The World On Fire Oooh who's this that has managed to acquire the honour of P!nk guesting on his single? ohmy.gif
40. OneRepublic – Kids

Great stuff as always smile.gif

+Quote this post
Roba.
post Oct 31 2016, 05:58 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804
Ey yo Jordan biggrin.gif

good #1, I'm finally start to get Ariana tbh ;o
the Dj Snake/Bieber track is better than the other Bieber track, hopefully we agree here tongue.gif
nice big jump for 'Starving' there *.* I really don't get the lovs for 'Love Myself' really unsure.gif
Wish Daya would take off already, a future big star imo!
Scars to your beautiful is easily Alessias best track & I actually second what Mango sais in not fully getting her but her voice being really nice. This track however is sorta furning me into getting her at last..
still need to check out the Pink track, been mentioned on Facebook a bit so should check it out!
24k Magic is really average... I was expecting something better from Bruno tbh sad.gif

Great stuff biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
JSG
post Nov 1 2016, 10:22 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473
Heya biggrin.gif

Wow at that Let Me Love You run. especially over 3 months *.* I really did enjoy it to begin with too!

Really Happy to see The Greatest climb! It's a fantastic Sia track and my current #1 wub.gif

Great chart!

+Quote this post
awardinary
post Nov 2 2016, 11:04 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587
Hey Riser,

You must come back and join us on plug.dj again soon! wink.gif

Wonderful Top 3, really good indeed. smile.gif

Plenty of good new entries I like this month including Calvin Harris, Tove Lo and OneRepublic too. wub.gif

If you haven't already done so, please be sure to check out my latest chart HERE. I'd love to hear your views! smile.gif

Cool personal chart this week! cool.gif

+Quote this post
Riser
post Nov 5 2016, 06:37 AM
Post #6
Group icon
QUOTE(Mango @ Oct 31 2016, 11:10 AM) *
Hey Jordan! Happy Halloween to you biggrin.gif done/doing anything exciting for it?

1. Ariana Grande feat. Nicki Minaj – Side To Side [4-1] Great choice of #1 this month! When was the last time an artist knocked themselves off #1 here?
3. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey feat. Zedd – Starving [39-18-3] I don't really like the "starving till I tasted you" lyric, but aside from that it's a decent enough song I guess.
5. Alessia Cara – Scars To Your Beautiful [17-5] I can't really connect with her or her songs, which is a shame as I think she has a lovely voice.
11. Calvin Harris – My Way Definitely his weakest song in recent times. And I think both the chart run and R1 playlist run also reflect that!
14. Tove Lo – Cool Girl Couldn't get into this much. However the follow up True Disaster is really good, so I'm hoping that can do things officially!
16. Sia feat. Kendrick Lamar – The Greatest [26-16] Another Top 20? I'll take that, even if this doesn't progress to Top 10 for you smile.gif
27. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic This sounds very on trend and the video is cool and everything but it just doesn't have a melody to speak of. Such a disappointment for me!
31. Adele – Send My Love (To Your New Lover) [1-3-6-15-31] My little girl loves this video but only because she knows how much I hate it unsure.gif we both love the song though so it's all good wub.gif
35. Emeli Sande– Hurts It's criminal that this hasn't gone Top 20 yet, because it's such a great comeback single! Still not sure if she's performing this or Breathing Underwater on next weekend's XF but at least if she performs this it will get closer to a more deserving chart position smile.gif
36. Young M.A – Ooouuu Worst song title EVER EVER EVER. It makes me not even want to ever listen to the song!
38. The Weeknd feat. Daft Punk – Starboy This was OK to start with but I've grown bored of it quite quickly. False Alarm is very good though, hopefully that can smash!
39. Kenny Chesney feat. P!nk – Setting The World On Fire Oooh who's this that has managed to acquire the honour of P!nk guesting on his single? ohmy.gif
40. OneRepublic – Kids

Great stuff as always smile.gif
Happy Halloween!!! I don't really celebrate it but I did carve a pretty nice pumpkin last weekend happy.gif
1. Never!! So that's cool but I'm a little sad DJ Snake didn't make it to #1.
3. Yeah I'd say the verses are stronger than the chorus.
5. Aww that is a shame! She does have a fantastic voice, I adore her.
11. Also a shame because I usually love it when he sings.
14. Oh, haven't heard that but I hope so too. I couldn't get into this much either but I played it a lot just to try laugh.gif
16. She still has a good chance of top 10!!! She's got stamina magic.gif
27. Couldn't agree more, yet I still can't resist it when it comes on tongue.gif
31. Haha, it's such a disappointing video isn't it!?
35. Oh I was just hoping she'd get a performance slot! That's great news ohmy.gif
36. You're not wrong, it's a terrible title laugh.gif
38. I agree with this too! I barely got into it at all, glad it's not just me because it's very well liked on here.
39. Only one of the biggest names in country music ohmy.gif He delayed his album just to get a chance to record with Pink and put it on there! Worth a listen just to hear her chorus wub.gif

Thank you thank you thank you! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Rob Goblin @ Oct 31 2016, 01:58 PM) *
Ey yo Jordan biggrin.gif

good #1, I'm finally start to get Ariana tbh ;o
the Dj Snake/Bieber track is better than the other Bieber track, hopefully we agree here tongue.gif
nice big jump for 'Starving' there *.* I really don't get the lovs for 'Love Myself' really unsure.gif
Wish Daya would take off already, a future big star imo!
Scars to your beautiful is easily Alessias best track & I actually second what Mango sais in not fully getting her but her voice being really nice. This track however is sorta furning me into getting her at last..
still need to check out the Pink track, been mentioned on Facebook a bit so should check it out!
24k Magic is really average... I was expecting something better from Bruno tbh sad.gif

Great stuff biggrin.gif
A-yo Rob! biggrin.gif
Yes we do agree on the Bieber tracks!! A shame that we don't on 'Love Myself' nocheer.gif
Yeah I want Daya to take off too, hopefully there's another potential smash or two on her album. Do check out the Pink track, I like Kenny but think the song would be better with just her laugh.gif
I was expecting better from Bruno too, was hoping for a #1 and '24K Magic' really isn't deserving of that.
Thanks for commenting biggrin.gif

QUOTE(JSG @ Nov 1 2016, 06:22 AM) *
Heya biggrin.gif

Wow at that Let Me Love You run. especially over 3 months *.* I really did enjoy it to begin with too!

Really Happy to see The Greatest climb! It's a fantastic Sia track and my current #1 wub.gif

Great chart!
Hey James! Thanks for commenting biggrin.gif

QUOTE(awardinary @ Nov 2 2016, 07:04 PM) *
Hey Riser,

You must come back and join us on plug.dj again soon! wink.gif

Wonderful Top 3, really good indeed. smile.gif

Plenty of good new entries I like this month including Calvin Harris, Tove Lo and OneRepublic too. wub.gif

If you haven't already done so, please be sure to check out my latest chart HERE. I'd love to hear your views! smile.gif

Cool personal chart this week! cool.gif
Hi!! I want to come back! The timing never works out but I'll keep checking the thread.

Actually just got around to commenting on your new chart before I saw this, haha wink.gif Although I don't think I had much to say, sorry. Thanks for your comment!

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post Nov 5 2016, 11:15 AM
Post #7
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247
Hi Riser!

Great to see My Way & Cool Girl enter so high! biggrin.gif

Nice to see Perfect Illusion reach a new peak as well cheer.gif

Great chart biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Mangψ
post Nov 6 2016, 11:26 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 151
QUOTE(Riser @ Nov 5 2016, 06:37 AM) *
16. She still has a good chance of top 10!!! She's got stamina magic.gif

laugh.gif

I'll check out the Kenny Chesney track too!

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Nov 7 2016, 06:45 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
QUOTE(Riser @ Oct 31 2016, 05:00 AM) *

1. Ariana Grande feat. Nicki Minaj – Side To Side [4-1]
9. Banks – Trainwreck [b]just playing this one now

10. The Chainsmokers feat. Halsey – Closer [32-6-10][/b] laugh.gifjust got into this one a bit late!
12. The Naked And Famous – Higher [8-2-12]
13. Toulouse – I Will Follow You nice version
14. Tove Lo – Cool Girl
16. Sia feat. Kendrick Lamar – The Greatest [26-16]
17. Joseph – White Flag snap! laugh.gif
27. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic
30. Maren Morris – 80s Mercedes this is good and new to me
31. Adele – Send My Love (To Your New Lover) [1-3-6-15-31]
35. Emeli Sande– Hurts heart.gif
36. Young M.A – Ooouuu
38. The Weeknd feat. Daft Punk – Starboy
39. Kenny Chesney feat. P!nk – Setting The World On Fire
40. OneRepublic – Kids

Hi Jordan, plenty there I like, and quite a few I only know because they're in your chart! Always enjoy the tips, thanks!

cheers!
john

+Quote this post
Riser
post Nov 9 2016, 06:35 AM
Post #10
Group icon
QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Nov 5 2016, 06:15 AM) *
Hi Riser!

Great to see My Way & Cool Girl enter so high! biggrin.gif

Nice to see Perfect Illusion reach a new peak as well cheer.gif

Great chart biggrin.gif
cheer.gif Thanks Pete! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(popchartfreak @ Nov 7 2016, 01:45 PM) *
Hi Jordan, plenty there I like, and quite a few I only know because they're in your chart! Always enjoy the tips, thanks!

cheers!
john
Hey John, I got into 'Closer' a little late too, not as late as you though tongue.gif
Thanks as always! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Noahspike
post Nov 24 2016, 10:55 PM
Post #11
Group icon
There's a frisbee in my brunch
User: 19,860
Hello, here's a timely HAPPY THANKSGIVING wave.gif to make up for the tardy chart comment pirate.gif. Hope you'll get in the seasonal spirit and be ~thankful~ you got anything from me at all though...or however it all works. (talk) biggrin.gif

I know you'll be hella starving for the big meal today, wanting to go from delicious side to side, to turkey, to bacon, trying to get as much into you, but I just hope you occasionally remember to sit still, look pretty cos, in the name of love, your incessant gorging could have you looking closer to a trainwreck if you're not careful! Scars to your beautiful.
(Constructed entirely from your top 10 so was a struggle cool.gif)

'Side To Side' remains a tune. I'm a sucker for a post-album smash, especially when it eclipses its preceding singles, and I'd nearly say it does so in quality too but 'Into You' is just too damn good (as evidenced by your chart run :cheeseblock:).

Cool to see 'Trainwreck' enter so high! Last time either of us had that impact on each other was 'Crash' debuting at #1 I think thinking.gif. Definitely a clear standout from 'The Altar', and one that clearly exemplifies the deeply hypnotic quality throughout the album. wub.gif

I love 'My Way' kinda in spite of myself lol. Everything about it seems lazy coming from someone as accomplished as Calvin, and it makes me think of what he'd be producing if closer to his full potential (when this feels like ~60%). laugh.gif

Your two most recent BJSC hits side by side <3. 'White Flag' really reminds me of Heathers, even more so than HAIM ;o and 'Road Less Traveled' surely has to have the record for quickest ascent to 100 points in any contest ever?! That was insane - was trying to imagine the extent of RIP me'ing going down in Ohio but twas impossible. drama.gif

Both 'Starboy' and 'Kids' slipping in when I thought you didn't care for them ohmy.gif <3. Also happy to see debuts for 'Cool Girl', 'Better', '24K Magic', 'Cash Flow' and 'Hurts'.

Beaut chart~ cool.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Nov 24 2016, 11:51 PM
Post #12
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Hiya Jordan! biggrin.gif Gonna echo Noah above and wish you a happy Thanksgiving to apologise for my lateness also! laugh.gif

1. Ariana Grande feat. Nicki Minaj – Side To Side [4-1] wub.gif
2. DJ Snake feat. Justin Bieber – Let Me Love You [7-3-2] DJ Shake [/mart!n]
9. Banks – Trainwreck ohmy.gif didn't know you liked this so much! A huge highlight from her recent album!
14. Tove Lo – Cool Girl
16. Sia feat. Kendrick Lamar – The Greatest [26-16] #StamInA
17. Joseph – White Flag My impact x
21. Kungs vs. Cookin’ On 3 Burners – This Girl [7-1-4-12-21] Former #1 jameela.jpg
27. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic swag *.*
29. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better [32-17-9-29] wub.gif btw I'm still loving Stitches magic.gif
31. Adele – Send My Love (To Your New Lover) [1-3-6-15-31] Adele. / former #1 jameela.jpg
35. Emeli Sande– Hurts
37. Major Lazer feat. Justin Bieber & MΨ – Cold Water [18-19-37] MΨomez [/mart!n]
40. OneRepublic – Kids

Excellent *.*

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Nov 25 2016, 06:44 AM
Post #13
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
We're probably the only two people left on this earth who aren't sick of "Let Me Love You" lol

+Quote this post
Riser
post Nov 27 2016, 07:49 PM
Post #14
Group icon
QUOTE(Noahspike @ Nov 24 2016, 05:55 PM) *
Hello, here's a timely HAPPY THANKSGIVING wave.gif to make up for the tardy chart comment pirate.gif. Hope you'll get in the seasonal spirit and be ~thankful~ you got anything from me at all though...or however it all works. (talk) biggrin.gif

I know you'll be hella starving for the big meal today, wanting to go from delicious side to side, to turkey, to bacon, trying to get as much into you, but I just hope you occasionally remember to sit still, look pretty cos, in the name of love, your incessant gorging could have you looking closer to a trainwreck if you're not careful! Scars to your beautiful.
(Constructed entirely from your top 10 so was a struggle cool.gif)

'Side To Side' remains a tune. I'm a sucker for a post-album smash, especially when it eclipses its preceding singles, and I'd nearly say it does so in quality too but 'Into You' is just too damn good (as evidenced by your chart run :cheeseblock:).

Cool to see 'Trainwreck' enter so high! Last time either of us had that impact on each other was 'Crash' debuting at #1 I think thinking.gif. Definitely a clear standout from 'The Altar', and one that clearly exemplifies the deeply hypnotic quality throughout the album. wub.gif

I love 'My Way' kinda in spite of myself lol. Everything about it seems lazy coming from someone as accomplished as Calvin, and it makes me think of what he'd be producing if closer to his full potential (when this feels like ~60%). laugh.gif

Your two most recent BJSC hits side by side <3. 'White Flag' really reminds me of Heathers, even more so than HAIM ;o and 'Road Less Traveled' surely has to have the record for quickest ascent to 100 points in any contest ever?! That was insane - was trying to imagine the extent of RIP me'ing going down in Ohio but twas impossible. drama.gif

Both 'Starboy' and 'Kids' slipping in when I thought you didn't care for them ohmy.gif <3. Also happy to see debuts for 'Cool Girl', 'Better', '24K Magic', 'Cash Flow' and 'Hurts'.

Beaut chart~ cool.gif
Omg an essay I cannae deal pirate.gif But I wasn't expecting a comment at all (kink.gif) so yes I am thankful [/kellyclarkson] wave.gif

'My Way' clicked with me again the other day, I like it even MORE now than I did already mellow.gif Not really bothered by Calvin's laziness as long as he's providing the vocals *.*

Joseph definitely is more of a Heathers now that you mention it! And I'm sure the Buzzjack poster would appreciate his namesake being compared to them rather than Haim, whose talent, superiority, and hilarious Jameela-esque personalities he still refuses to grasp rolleyes.gif

Starboy and Kids are both still growing a bit ohmy.gif Both should still be in next month's chart, probs not so for Tove or Meghan or Nadia or Emeli though </3

Oh and I actually did have bacon on Thanksgiving *.* Thanks for commenting cheer.gif

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Nov 24 2016, 06:51 PM) *
Hiya Jordan! biggrin.gif Gonna echo Noah above and wish you a happy Thanksgiving to apologise for my lateness also! laugh.gif

1. Ariana Grande feat. Nicki Minaj – Side To Side [4-1] wub.gif
2. DJ Snake feat. Justin Bieber – Let Me Love You [7-3-2] DJ Shake [/mart!n]
9. Banks – Trainwreck ohmy.gif didn't know you liked this so much! A huge highlight from her recent album!
14. Tove Lo – Cool Girl
16. Sia feat. Kendrick Lamar – The Greatest [26-16] #StamInA
17. Joseph – White Flag My impact x
21. Kungs vs. Cookin’ On 3 Burners – This Girl [7-1-4-12-21] Former #1 jameela.jpg
27. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic swag *.*
29. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better [32-17-9-29] wub.gif btw I'm still loving Stitches magic.gif
31. Adele – Send My Love (To Your New Lover) [1-3-6-15-31] Adele. / former #1 jameela.jpg
35. Emeli Sande– Hurts
37. Major Lazer feat. Justin Bieber & MΨ – Cold Water [18-19-37] MΨomez [/mart!n]
40. OneRepublic – Kids

Excellent *.*
Thanks Mart!n Joseph! No need to apologize tongue.gif

Oh and YES your impact! Looking forward to your next Dido cover magic.gif

QUOTE(Cody Slayberry @ Nov 25 2016, 01:44 AM) *
We're probably the only two people left on this earth who aren't sick of "Let Me Love You" lol
After hearing it at least ten times in the car the past few days, you might be on your own now. sad.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:40 AM