BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Concussion
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post 8th February 2016, 10:15 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Looks like quite an interesting topic and earned Will Smith a Golden Globe nomination so he must be fairly good in it. I'd rather have caught Trumbo but I missed it now so I'll take what I'm given.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 8th February 2016, 10:44 PM
Post #2
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Definitely going to check this out, looks really interesting!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 14th February 2016, 01:02 PM
Post #3
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

This really surprised me in how good it was, I feel like the trailer didn't make it look great because American Football isn't anything I know about but there was way less of that than I was expecting. Much like Spotlight, I feel like this story needed to be told sooner rather than later and it's disgusting to see the NFL hide the problem much like the church in Spotlight.

I can see why Will Smith was so disappointed about being snubbed too, I haven't seen Trumbo but by what people have being saying about it, I imagine Will would have been a much better pick. I'm quite shocked this didn't get any nominations for the film itself too, one of the better dramas this year and it did a good job of balancing his home life and scientific findings. Some parts were heartbreaking like the miscarriage but other parts were actually quite light because the character of Bennet was so funny at times which made the emotional scenes worse because he was such a nice guy.

Overall, an important story to tell and I'm glad it did it well with some great acting too, shame it's not been a very big release here.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 20th February 2016, 01:30 AM
Post #4
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

I think Josh's first line of his review sums the movie up perfectly! A very interesting movie with fantastic performances, so I'm very surprised it did as poor as it did during Oscar season. Will Smith shouldn't have been snubbed, a great performance by him which deserved to be recognised, Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Alec (?) Baldwin were also excellent! The movie is a fascinating drama and I really think this could have done better at Awards with a different release date. I think they shouldn't have left it as late as Christmas Day and done the weekend of 13th November in America like The Blind Side (or even the 20th against Hunger Games, like Blind Side faced Twilight). I think this would have been better and saw the movie gain more buzz! It was also very busy at my local!

9/10 (minimum)

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 07:39 PM