BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Should Brendan Rodgers be sacked?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool Manager
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 15
Guests cannot vote 
Rooney
post 25th May 2015, 01:49 PM
Post #1
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

So after a disappointing season, Liverpool finished the season in 6th place.

Liverpool were poor for the first few months of the season, but spent a couple of months unbeaten playing some entertaining football. However they lost the race for 4th place, and were easily beaten in the FA Cup semi-final. This was then followed up with the club's biggest ever defeat in the Premier League against Stoke, and the biggest defeat of the club since 1963. Brendan was "150%" sure he would keep his job prior to the Stoke game. Now he sounds like a dead man walking.

I am going come straight out and say he needs to go. Yesterday was the final straw for me, I don't think we can ever progress with him at the helm. Sure he almost brought us a league title, but the Liverpool players bottle everything under him. We have a young squad, but I don't think he can make them feel like winners - the pressure gets to us. I think the man is out of his depth, and for me he has to go. I think we will know by Wednesday.

Interested to hear other fans' thoughts, as it's sure to be the discussion dominating the news for the next few days.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 25th May 2015, 02:57 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

No in my opinion. Really don't think anyone else could have got them top 4 this season with all the injuries etc. they had anyway.

For his 3 seasons he's done well. Not amazing by any means but I'd give him at least one more season. If no top 4 next year either then probably try someone else.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 25th May 2015, 08:44 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

Yeh def deserves at least one more year - who will do better than him?

+Quote this post
Cassidy
post 25th May 2015, 09:35 PM
Post #4
Group icon
i'm massive
User: 41

Biggest fraud in the game right now, has to go. If you keep him on the back of 'that season you nearly won the league' then fucking hell.

+Quote this post
Cassidy
post 25th May 2015, 09:38 PM
Post #5
Group icon
i'm massive

There'll be plenty of managers sniffing round that job should he go too, don't buy into them having a struggle to replace him. It's pre-season (as good as). It's like a managerial cattle market out there and will continue to be so for the next 4-6 weeks I'd imagine.

+Quote this post
ML Hammer95
post 25th May 2015, 09:38 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,265

We'll have him if you don't want him laugh.gif

In all seriousness, he's losing Gerrard and probably Sterling this summer with Sturridge still injury prone. He's gonna have to replace those but he's not got the best transfer record has he? Could say he tries to be too clever tactically as well.

One more season I think. Although I cannot see Liverpool getting top 4 right now - the teams above them are too good and will only strengthen this summer.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 26th May 2015, 03:31 PM
Post #7
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

After another half season of failure. Then he should go.

Although I would sack him after that 6-1 defeat to Stoke City. One of the most embarrassing displays I've seen from Liverpool. Would you let Can, Sakho, Skrtel and Moreno play again after their defensive display in the first half?

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 26th May 2015, 06:55 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Sacking him after one woeful performance is way too much of a knee-jerk reaction. The game meant nothing anyway.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 26th May 2015, 07:19 PM
Post #9
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Dobbo @ May 26 2015, 07:55 PM) *
Sacking him after one woeful performance is way too much of a knee-jerk reaction. The game meant nothing anyway.

But he's poor poor all season, bar a spell of about 15 games. I don't think it's knee jerk anymore, he's lost confidence with a lot of the fanbase.

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post 26th May 2015, 07:48 PM
Post #10
Group icon
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
User: 10,596

No, he should stay. Far funnier that way.

+Quote this post
Flatcap
post 26th May 2015, 09:12 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Nah.
User: 27

Think he should stay for another season, he has had a nightmare with the lack of Sturridge for a significant chunk of the season. He needs to find a more reliable striker than Balotelli that is for sure. Gerrard leaving will leave a big hole in his teamsheet, I think they should have made more of an effort to keep him at Anfield.

Off field incidents (Sterling and Ibe I seem to recall) have not helped the squad keep the focus either.

+Quote this post
Cassidy
post 27th May 2015, 12:09 AM
Post #12
Group icon
i'm massive

Sturridge is no excuse in my opinion. To invest such a minor chunk of a hefty transfer kitty on strike options when one is essentially a huge gamble to start with is very poor management. Especially with the past injury record of Sturridge. Doubly significant when you consider how vital their employment of outscoring opponents was in their near title miss the season before.

Plus he's a proper stupid shithead with ridiculous lipstick and an endless list of stupid clichés. Part of the dance? Okay Brendan.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 27th May 2015, 07:08 AM
Post #13
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Cassidy @ May 27 2015, 01:09 AM) *
Sturridge is no excuse in my opinion. To invest such a minor chunk of a hefty transfer kitty on strike options when one is essentially a huge gamble to start with is very poor management. Especially with the past injury record of Sturridge. Doubly significant when you consider how vital their employment of outscoring opponents was in their near title miss the season before.

Plus he's a proper stupid shithead with ridiculous lipstick and an endless list of stupid clichés. Part of the dance? Okay Brendan.

It was criminal. We were crying out for a striker that played on the shoulder of the last defender. It frees up space for everyone else, and was why we were so deadly last year. Look I will be honest, I think with a fully-fit Sturridge all season we would have got Top 4. When we were good, we were excellent. But it's been these past 2 months, where we STILL had a chance of the Top 4 and a great chance at an FA Cup final. Yet the team didn't show up. To me that fault lies with the manager.

+Quote this post
richie
post 27th May 2015, 07:20 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Poet and Storyteller
User: 166

It depends who's available but I think they might benefit from a change. The second placed season owed far more to having Suarez and Sturridge up front and Gerrard in better form (I think) than any tactical decisions on the part of Rodgers.

Until recently I'd have said he should stay - but short term managers are the norm now - the fans demand it and it goes hand in hand with the way players refuse to even consider to honour their contracts nowadays.

This post has been edited by richie: 27th May 2015, 07:21 AM

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 3rd June 2015, 12:32 PM
Post #15
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Following talks. It has been confirmed that Brendan Rogers will remain Liverpool manager next season.

+Quote this post
jark
post 3rd June 2015, 12:41 PM
Post #16
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990

They're f***ing idiots.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 7th June 2015, 10:00 PM
Post #17
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(jark @ Jun 3 2015, 01:41 PM) *
They're f***ing idiots.

Nah, not really. Think it;s fairly obvious we tried for Ancelloti and Klopp. We have basically sacked all our coaches apart from Rodgers. If you ask me, one thing Rodgers needs is experienced coaches who will challenge him and give him new ideas to work with. If results go our way and Rodgers turns things around then we're happy with the set up we've got - if not then we try for Ancelotti/Klopp in 6/12 months time. That's the way I see it.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 8th June 2015, 07:34 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

Paco is back as our no2, great coach!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread