BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Albums to suit a mood, Tell us about your albums of choice...
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
dandy*
post 6th January 2021, 12:46 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

I'm currently sat listening to the above album as it is one of my go to albums when I need to relax. I'm not usually a huge fan of country music but I have a lot of respect for Emmylou Harris and the way she helped to modernise country music in the 90s. For an artist that was very well established as a country star, it was quite a departure for her to make an album with such a mellow feel to it, removing (or I should possibly say adapting) the traditional country guitars from that dated twangy sound to something so intimate and personal. The production is just gorgeous and her style of vocals in her later period are just so emotive and distinctive, it's one of those rare occurrences where I've ended up loving something that my dad used to listen to first. If you're ever interested in listening to something that has that warm and timeless feeling that the most recent Taylor Swift albums have then I'd whole heartedly recommend this to you.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 9th January 2021, 05:40 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Wrecking Ball is a great album, one I bought back in the 90's - back then we had a country music video station and I dipped into it for interesting stuff like this one, the wonderful Bluegrass of Alison Krauss, brilliant I Am Shelby Lynn (still one of my all-time fave albums) and a little-know act called Iris De Ment. Emmylou Harris' producer was Daniel Lanois, who did some great work across genres - collaborating with Eno on U2's Joshua Tree, Peter Gabriel's So, Brandon Flowers' Flamingo, Killer's Battle Born. Great sense of "space" in his work, even full-tilt anthems.

Mood music is everything to me, late night totally want a different genre of music to afternoon boogie.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 20th January 2021, 04:13 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Had a stressful afternoon of work so put on both The KLF - 'Chill Out' (via YouTube, of course) and Aphex Twin - 'Selected Ambient Works 85-92' to help me proceed with these final couple of hours feeling more calm. Indeed getting lost in these electronic beats is helping. My go-to chillout song is 'Albatross' by Fleetwood Mac so it's very handy that the former samples that laugh.gif will have to check out that Emmylou album at some point, as a fan of the two Taylor albums mentioned.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 21st January 2021, 04:46 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

Oooo would be interested to hear what you think if you do listen Jade. I'm not 100% whether you'd like it or not - if I entered it to BJSC then I suspect Bré would declare I'd returned to my Radio 2 phase kink.gif

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 21st January 2021, 04:57 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

I love to put on any of Agnes Obel's albums when I need a relaxing vibe like over a fancy dinner or a study night. Such a beautiful voice and style.

EDIT: didn't realise this was in the pre-2000's forum laugh.gif thought I was in the lounge lmao!

We need a 2010s forum!

This post has been edited by diva thin muffin: 21st January 2021, 04:59 PM

+Quote this post
Brer
post 22nd January 2021, 04:04 PM
Post #6
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

QUOTE(dandy* @ Jan 21 2021, 04:46 PM) *
Oooo would be interested to hear what you think if you do listen Jade. I'm not 100% whether you'd like it or not - if I entered it to BJSC then I suspect Bré would declare I'd returned to my Radio 2 phase kink.gif

It can't be any worse than the song 'Emmylou' that was in BJSC ph34r.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 03:21 PM