BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> State regulation of the media
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
State regulation of the media
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 10
Guests cannot vote 
vidcapper
post Apr 8 2018, 08:56 AM
Post #21
Paul Hyett
Group: Banned
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Apr 8 2018, 09:46 AM) *
Meanwhile in the USA the start of State monitoring of opinion has begun. I note the lack of complaint from far-right groups about this blatant attack on freedom of speech and 1984-style state checking on individuals....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michellefabio/...s/#77a9cb3e6121

Do you think the right-wing insistence on the freedom to say what they like actually suggests they mean the freedom to air their views and silence or control anyone who doesn't agree?

Or perhaps they just want a level playing-field with the Left, who've been known to ban right-wing speakers from university lectures? teresa.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Apr 8 2018, 09:10 AM
Post #22
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Apr 8 2018, 09:56 AM) *
Or perhaps they just want a level playing-field with the Left, who've been known to ban right-wing speakers from university lectures? teresa.gif

Glib.

State monitoring is not the same as telling someone they can f*** off and spread their message in another hall somewhere else. The right to free speech is also the right to withdraw an invitation to hear it if there is something better to do - like picking your nose. I'm sure you would support the right of far-right owners of halls not to allow liberals in them to attack the views of the owners.....

I mean I would love you to speak up for the right of liberals to force their views onto far-right organisations, but somehow I guess you would see that as some sort of police-state interference....? Recent events suggest -NeoNazi's not the best at listening to liberal views quietly and patiently and with an air of tolerance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:50 AM