BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> How Ya Doin'? (feat. Missy Elliott) • 4th single, Album: DNA • 17.04.13
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 10th May 2013, 11:16 AM
Post #101
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Why is it still climbing? ohmy.gif I definitely thought it was over for this single when I saw it fell to like #22 or something before Alan Carr got it back all the way up to the whopping #20. So I gave up on following it. Very pleased it's getting near to the top 10 again, but it's performance of yo-yoing near there is reminding me of 'Change Your Life' laugh.gif

But yeah! 4 top 20 singles from one album in this day and age (although 'How Ya Doin?' had a different, single mix so it was easier) is fantastic, especially for Little Mix, who need to prove more than any other normal girl group. (I feel). They have to be successful, due to being X factor winners, so there's a lot of pressure on them and they got passed the first album ordeal. If they manage to find their sound now ('Wings' obviously worked best for them) and stick with that sound for album 2, then they're going to have no trouble in getting the second album to do just as well, I think.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tombo
post 10th May 2013, 11:43 AM
Post #102
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543

QUOTE(Jonjo @ May 10 2013, 12:16 PM) *
Why is it still climbing? ohmy.gif I definitely thought it was over for this single when I saw it fell to like #22 or something before Alan Carr got it back all the way up to the whopping #20. So I gave up on following it. Very pleased it's getting near to the top 10 again, but it's performance of yo-yoing near there is reminding me of 'Change Your Life' laugh.gif

But yeah! 4 top 20 singles from one album in this day and age (although 'How Ya Doin?' had a different, single mix so it was easier) is fantastic, especially for Little Mix, who need to prove more than any other normal girl group. (I feel). They have to be successful, due to being X factor winners, so there's a lot of pressure on them and they got passed the first album ordeal. If they manage to find their sound now ('Wings' obviously worked best for them) and stick with that sound for album 2, then they're going to have no trouble in getting the second album to do just as well, I think.

Yeah I feel they will need to evolve their sound for the second album though as we've already had Wings. I agree it was successful for them though

I loved DNA though wub.gif

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 10th May 2013, 02:01 PM
Post #103
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

They've been promoting How Ya Doin everywhere, that explains why it's climbed so much! They've done Mtv, Alan Carr, Sunday Brunch, Lorraine, Daybreak within the past week.

+Quote this post
davem1234
post 16th May 2013, 07:54 PM
Post #104
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 17,974

rumour is HYD is now on peorder on iTunes USA same day the album comes out

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 21st March 2019, 07:54 AM
Post #105
Group icon

I'm re-listening to their entire back catalogue and after not listening to this song for a while (due to it always being one of my least fave singles - still bop to it but never played out of choice) I actually have to say that I was WRONG and the single mix (the album version is still dull af) is really, very good!

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 21st March 2019, 08:35 AM
Post #106
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Mar 21 2019, 07:54 AM) *
I'm re-listening to their entire back catalogue and after not listening to this song for a while (due to it always being one of my least fave singles - still bop to it but never played out of choice) I actually have to say that I was WRONG and the single mix (the album version is still dull af) is really, very good!

Welcome to enlightenment

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post 21st March 2019, 11:08 AM
Post #107
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454

I can't believe it's not Silver yet! This always had some of my favourite performances.

+Quote this post
post 21st March 2019, 11:21 AM
Post #108
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Yeah, it's kind of wild that it's not silver. It was a decent, cute little hit at the time. Similar to Think About Us.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 21st March 2019, 11:28 AM
Post #109
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I actually really enjoy this song, it's a nice early 90s throwback and I find myself regularly quoting the chorus. laugh.gif

I think at the time I was peeved it was released in place of 'Red Planet', but I'm over that now.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 26th March 2019, 02:32 AM
Post #110
Group icon

Yeah 'Red Planet' was a missed oppourtunity. However, I feel like the girls really love this one and you can wholeheartedly tell that by watching their live performances of it. They really excel in delivering it live.

I'd have loved a 'Madhouse' release too, but that was probs too early in their career to take a risk like that!

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post 26th March 2019, 11:02 AM
Post #111
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Mar 26 2019, 02:32 AM) *
I'd have loved a 'Madhouse' release too, but that was probs too early in their career to take a risk like that!

I would have loved that, would have been the perfect opportunity to continue from the DNA video too! DNA > Madhouse > Lightning story line.

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 05:02 AM