BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

19 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Spice Girls • General Discussion, For Spice chat that isn't regarding the reunion
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Gezza
post Feb 18 2012, 05:50 PM
Post #1
Ciao, 911? E 'Quagmire. Sì, è preso nella finestra di questo
Group: Chart Veteran
Member No.: 13,341
   No Gallery Pics

Mel B lets cat out of the bag about June gig in Aussie TV interview...

15:03, Saturday, 28 January 2012

The Spice Girls are planning to reunite for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee this summer, Mel B appears to have let slip.

Speaking in an interview with an Australian TV station, the former Scary Spice was asked if the girls were going to be getting back together for the London Olympics.

She replied: "Ooh, I think the Queen's Jubilee concert is the event I'd be looking at more closely for that to happen."

But she quickly changed the subject, apparently realising that she wasn't supposed to let on yet.

And when she was off air she apparently told members of the crew: "I am going to be in such strife for saying that. It's all so totally bloody top-secret still."

Mel and her former bandmates Victoria Beckham, Mel C, Emma Bunton and Geri Halliwell are expected to perform at a special event at Buckingham Palace on June 4.

The girls had a successful comeback tour in 2007, but ended up cutting it short due to "family commitments".

Source: MTV
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gezza
post Feb 18 2012, 05:51 PM
Post #2
   No Gallery Pics

Haven't seen this anywhere on Buzzjack- Is it time to give this up? thinking.gif

+Quote Post
Slick
post Feb 18 2012, 05:52 PM
Post #3
electric butterflies
Group: Members
Member No.: 70
   No Gallery Pics

This has already been denied by Mel C I believe.

+Quote Post
Gezza
post Feb 18 2012, 06:01 PM
Post #4
   No Gallery Pics

Ah now I feel silly! blush.gif

Yes Mel C denied they were reforming on "Lorraine" last week. Mind you didn't she deny rumours of the last reunion until the last moment?! ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Slick
post Feb 18 2012, 06:05 PM
Post #5
electric butterflies
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Gezza76 @ Feb 18 2012, 06:01 PM) *
Ah now I feel silly! blush.gif

Yes Mel C denied they were reforming on "Lorraine" last week. Mind you didn't she deny rumours of the last reunion until the last moment?! ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

That's OK! laugh.gif It was a bit odd there was no thread for it.

Mel C reveals there will be NO Spice Girl reunion…

Rumours have been rife that the Spice Girls have been preparing to reunite for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee or the 2012 Olympics this summer, however, Mel C has sadly revealed that it’s not happening.

Speaking this morning on Lorraine, Sporty Spice said, “It's such an incredible opportunity and what a wonderful thing to be able to do. And the concert looks like it's going to be out of this world, but unfortunately – bad news for any Spice Girls fans – we don't plan to perform or reform. So I'm sorry to disappoint anybody.

“We often have things that we talk about. It was rumoured a lot about the Olympics and then of course the whole Diamond Jubilee thing came up. And it was something that we discussed, so it was in discussion, but unfortunately it's not going to happen."

She continued, "We have to respect each other's wishes. And we reformed in 2007 and we had an amazing time. The show was incredible and that kind of feels like our final farewell. And it would be such a great thing to perform for, but sadly not.”

Mel C also revealed that she loves Little Mix, and that she can see a resemblance between them and the Spice Girls, saying , “They are absolutely adorable and I love them and what I love about these girls is that they have got fantastic voices, they are really talented but they look like young girls.

“They’re not uber sexy, uber glam, I think they are really good, positive role models for young girls, which we don’t have that many of. So I’m really pleased on that front. And they remind me of the Spice Girls in that way, because they’re really fun and young and I think that’s what pop music should be about. It’s kind of got a bit too serious and a bit too sexy at times.

“My advice to them would be enjoy it, enjoy every minute because it doesn’t last forever and when you are in the middle of it you don’t think of the future.”

Source: http://www.heatworld.com/Celeb-News/2012/0...e-Girl-reunion/

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Jun 26 2012, 01:25 AM
Post #6
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

All five Spice Girls will be attending the press conference for the forthcoming musical 'Viva Forever'. It'll be taking place in the early afternoon (26th), and will apparently be held at the St Pancras hotel, where the Spice Girls filmed their debut music video 'Wannabe'.

Official website for the musical: http://www.vivaforeverthemusical.com

This week marks 5 years since the press conference for their reunion tour - can't believe it's been that long already! ohmy.gif The last time they were pictured together was in February 2008. Excited to see them together again. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ThePensmith
post Jun 26 2012, 10:01 AM
Post #7
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
Member No.: 13,208
   No Gallery Pics

From Christian Vermaak(?)'s Instagram just now. To think I actually visited the old Grand Hotel at St. Pancra's only a few weeks ago when I was in London for the day and got all excited knowing it was THE 'Wannabe' staircase...I'm intrigued if Jennifer Saunders has written the script!

This post has been edited by ThePensmith: Jun 26 2012, 10:02 AM

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Jun 26 2012, 10:12 AM
Post #8

Looking really good! So happy to see them together biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ThePensmith
post Jun 26 2012, 12:46 PM
Post #9
   No Gallery Pics

The girls talking to ITN about what to expect from the musical...

+Quote Post
Sour Candy
post Jun 26 2012, 01:10 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 10,275
   No Gallery Pics

Love them!

+Quote Post
Slick
post Jun 26 2012, 02:45 PM
Post #11
electric butterflies
   No Gallery Pics

It looks like I'm going to this since the boyfriend is a diehard fan and snapped tickets up straight away. I do love a bit of the Spice Girls so no complaints.

+Quote Post
Lukuzz
post Jun 26 2012, 08:04 PM
Post #12
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
Member No.: 1,209

I NEEED to see this, money, location and finding a friend to go with may be difficult though. How long is it planned to be on for atm?

+Quote Post
Juranamo
post Jun 26 2012, 08:58 PM
Post #13
"Everything seems different the second time around."
Member No.: 5,830
   No Gallery Pics

Vicks looks AWFUL. sad.gif Mel C trying to be Mother Theresa? ohmy.gif
The rest look OK I guess... Doubt I'll catch this, good to see them back together though!

+Quote Post
ThePensmith
post Jun 26 2012, 09:45 PM
Post #14
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Juranamo @ Jun 26 2012, 09:58 PM) *
Mel C trying to be Mother Theresa? ohmy.gif

Well she is about to be in a musical herself, don't forget...isn't she in that new version of Jesus Christ Superstar?

+Quote Post
Neil
post Jun 26 2012, 10:01 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 9,016
   No Gallery Pics

So when is this in theatres?

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Jun 27 2012, 03:48 AM
Post #16

Previews from November 27th to December 10th, official opening night on December 11th, and then a run from then until June 1st 2013! http://www.atgtickets.com/shows/viva-forev...bs=tab_calendar

+Quote Post
Juranamo
post Jun 27 2012, 08:09 AM
Post #17
"Everything seems different the second time around."
Member No.: 5,830
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ThePensmith @ Jun 26 2012, 10:45 PM) *
Well she is about to be in a musical herself, don't forget...isn't she in that new version of Jesus Christ Superstar?

Ahhh, didn't know that! Could explain the odd dress sense. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
ThePensmith
post Jun 27 2012, 09:42 AM
Post #18
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Juranamo @ Jun 27 2012, 09:09 AM) *
Ahhh, didn't know that! Could explain the odd dress sense. tongue.gif

She's playing Mary Magdelene. (Try not to laugh at this next sentence) Chris Moyles is playing Herod (told you) and Tim Minchin is playing Judas Escariot...and Andrew Lloyd Webber is looking for the person to play Jesus on one of those 'I'd Do Anything For A Dream Like Maria' type shows in the coming months. I'd like to think the put down to prospective Jesuses would be 'HE'S NOT THE MESSIAH, HE'S A VERY NAUGHTY BOY!' *boom tish*

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Jul 20 2012, 02:37 PM
Post #19

Various newspapers are reporting that a Spice Girls reunion at the closing ceremony of the Olympics is confirmed!

Victoria was interviewed in Ireland yesterday, and she said this about the girls:

“I’m so respectful of my past and I love the other girls. We have some fantastic fans.”

“Who knows, maybe some day we’ll do something else with the Spice Girls. I would love nothing more.”

“I don’t know about a comeback tour but I loved being back with the girls,” she continued. “There was a lot of fun, we did so much together and we’ll see. If they’re up for something then I certainly am.”

+Quote Post
jay727
post Jul 20 2012, 03:45 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 12,273

No they aren't performing at the closing ceremony. It will be headlined by Take That, George Michael and The Who

+Quote Post

19 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:47 AM