BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
61 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> OPINION POLLS 2018-2022, Strong and stable...
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Long Dong Silver
post Aug 20 2019, 10:23 AM
Post #281
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
Lol yeah no.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Aug 20 2019, 12:40 PM
Post #282
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
To add a more nuanced perspective, that's a terrible poll question comparing two different categories of outcome, and excluding several possibilities, Corbyn isn't even necessarily popular among all Remainers.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post Aug 21 2019, 05:04 PM
Post #283
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455
Oh my (note that this opinion poll doesn't offer Brexit Party or Green Party as a prompt):

As I expected, there's a big Boris Bounce. Let's see if any future polls show if this is an outlier, or a sign of things to come.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Aug 21 2019, 05:11 PM
Post #284
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
Survation actually only put Bojo the Clown on 28% and Lab 24%. Beggars BELIEF some people just believe whatever propaganda they're given. With how far right his government is, there is literally no reason for the brexshit party. Rhat means Labour shouls go full remain and make an electoral pact with all remain parties.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post Aug 21 2019, 05:32 PM
Post #285
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471
QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Aug 21 2019, 06:04 PM) *
Oh my (note that this opinion poll doesn't offer Brexit Party or Green Party as a prompt):

As I expected, there's a big Boris Bounce. Let's see if any future polls show if this is an outlier, or a sign of things to come.

This is beyond appalling.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Aug 21 2019, 06:01 PM
Post #286
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
The far right have mobilised brexshit as an issue to get widespread support, even though brexshit only benefits the 1%

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Aug 21 2019, 07:39 PM
Post #287
Group icon
!

So, many things to say, it could be aimed at politicians, prompting safer ground for Boris for an election (with echoes of 2017), it could be a really weird outlier, it could be the current labour/lib dem spat which is entirely pointless and counterproductive, it could be due to the Conservatives temporarily in the good books of hardline Brexiteers with an angling towards no deal (as clearly more of those numbers are from lost Brexit Party votes), I don't know what exactly to make of that quite honestly.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Aug 21 2019, 07:43 PM
Post #288
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
That’s also 3 months from the last poll by that company. So I’d be asking similar questions about that last one. Like how reliable are they, WBA’s their methodology, do the use non-standard questions.

Irregular polls can show big swings vs a more frequent one so I’ll take this with a container ship load of salt until comres/yougov et al publish their latest poll

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post Aug 22 2019, 05:11 AM
Post #289
Group icon
Paul Hyett
User: 364
QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Aug 21 2019, 08:43 PM) *
That’s also 3 months from the last poll by that company. So I’d be asking similar questions about that last one. Like how reliable are they, WBA’s their methodology, do the use non-standard questions.

Irregular polls can show big swings vs a more frequent one so I’ll take this with a container ship load of salt until comres/yougov et al publish their latest poll

Some people even take elections/referenda with a pinch of salt... teresa.gif

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Aug 22 2019, 08:03 AM
Post #290
Group icon
I've had a further look at that poll from Kantar, and the same research that gave that Conservative 42% poll shows this:

https://uk.kantar.com/public-opinion/politi...lic-referendum/

(one can find information about their methodology at the bottom of that page)
52% of Britons are in favour of any final Brexit deal or agreement reached by the government being put to a public referendum (+5 vs May 2019).29% say it shouldn’t (+1 vs May) and 19% say they ‘don’t know’ (-6)

Remaining in the EU/Revoking Article 50 continues to be the most popular outcome for the public, with one in three saying this is their most favourable scenario (33%, -3 vs May 2019).

Leaving the European Union with ‘No Deal’ is the preferred outcome for more than two in ten Britons(23%, +1 vs May). Almost one in ten (9%, -1 vs May) want to Leave the EU with Theresa May’s deal, and 13% want Britain to leave the EU but remain in the Single Market / Customs Union (nc). More than one in five say they ‘don’t know’ (22%, +3 vs May 2019).

37% (+8 vs May 2019) of Leave voters and seven in ten of Remain voters (71%, +3 vs May 2019) say they want any agreement to be put to a public vote.

Almost half of Britons think it is ‘likely’ that the UK will leave the EU by the 31st October 2019 (46%), with 35% think it is ‘unlikely’. One in five people ‘don’t know’ (19%).

“One in three (32%) Britons think that a No Deal Brexit would affect them negatively this year, with a further third (33%) thinking it will be neither positive or negative, and 22% believe it would affect them positively.

More than one in three of Leave voters (36%) believe the impact on them personally would be positive by the end of this year if the UK left without a deal on October 31st. Conversely, 52% of Remain voters believe the impact would be negative.

If a new referendum was held on the UK’s membership of the European Union, 36% of Britons say they would vote to Remain (-6 vs May 2019),35% say they would vote to Leave (+2 vs May 2019). One in five say they wouldn’t vote (19%, +3 vs May 2019) and one in ten ‘don’t know’ (10%, +1).

So who knows. Most interesting are those first two though, 52-29 for a new referendum and full revocation in both May and August being the most popular final outcome.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Aug 22 2019, 10:09 AM
Post #291
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
QUOTE(vidcapper @ Aug 22 2019, 06:11 AM) *
Some people even take elections/referenda with a pinch of salt... teresa.gif

A non binding referendum in a parliamentary democracy that somehow becomes werrl errf perperrrl and ignores two nations and the youth is just lol. Tories didn't win the last election and the whole system is corrupt, based around returning lanfed gentry majorities, soooo

And omg at 22% being so brainwashed that they think a no deal would benefit them! Wow! Talk about wishful ignorance.

+Quote this post
mald487
post Aug 22 2019, 11:36 AM
Post #292
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 19,091
Like I said before, let them have their rude awakening. I will sit back and laugh from a distance.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Aug 22 2019, 12:09 PM
Post #293
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
QUOTE(mald487 @ Aug 22 2019, 12:36 PM) *
Like I said before, let them have their rude awakening. I will sit back and laugh from a distance.

This tbh

There's no empire anymore sad.gif Ironic they keeo banging on about the evil econtrolling empire, but complain the eu influences a few of our trade and human rights laws lol

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post Aug 22 2019, 01:33 PM
Post #294
Group icon
Paul Hyett
QUOTE(Algernon Monqueef @ Aug 22 2019, 11:09 AM) *
A non binding referendum in a parliamentary democracy that somehow becomes werrl errf perperrrl and ignores two nations and the youth is just lol.

FFS, Scotland & Northern Ireland and young voters all had the chance to vote!

+Quote this post
Silas
post Aug 22 2019, 05:50 PM
Post #295
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
And they did. And their votes were completely ignored.

It is an undeniable fact that the older you are the more likely you were to vote for it and the youth, with the most to lose, votes to remain by a considerable amount.

Anything that impacts the long-term future of a country should be weighted in favour of those who have to bare the majority of the consequences. A massive chunk of the Brexit vote is already f***ing dead and another big chunk will be dead before the day we eventually leave

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Aug 22 2019, 06:00 PM
Post #296
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
Vould under 18s vote? No? Do Scotland and NI or even Wales COMBINED have a population total equivalent to England's? Whaat no??? Oh. Was Scotland told the only way it could remain in the EU was to stay a part of the landed gentry, Etonian-run UK? It was you say? Oh.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Aug 22 2019, 06:02 PM
Post #297
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
Also please explain how a teeny tiny majority on a SECOND referendum, and a non-binding one at that, in a parliamentary democracy where sovereignty resides in the crown in parliament, is enough? Surely it should be enough - at an absolute PUSH - for a softer than soft single market brexshit at best? That's without even mentioning AGAIN that leave campaigned on a single market, Norway style platform. They didn't mention that Norway would not accept them into that agreement, but oops. They didn't mention a lot of things.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post Aug 23 2019, 05:40 AM
Post #298
Group icon
Paul Hyett
QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Aug 22 2019, 06:50 PM) *
And they did. And their votes were completely ignored.

It is an undeniable fact that the older you are the more likely you were to vote for it and the youth, with the most to lose, votes to remain by a considerable amount.

Anything that impacts the long-term future of a country should be weighted in favour of those who have to bare the majority of the consequences. A massive chunk of the Brexit vote is already f***ing dead and another big chunk will be dead before the day we eventually leave

Nonsense - their votes were counted, just the same as everyone else's.

Hold the front page - youths vote differently from their elders... rolleyes.gif

The factor you're ignoring is that the older generation also have bear the majority of the *consequences* of political decisions, so it's hard to argue that their influence should count less than that of the young.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Aug 23 2019, 11:08 AM
Post #299
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
Except this is a LONG TERM major decision. The youth should take point. And they said no to brexshit. Sorry sad.gif Otherwise, we get a situation like ww do now - the oldies are dying off and the polls have already swung away from the original result! Not that 51% or 27% of the population is a major rrsult that has to be carried out anyway.

Yes and their votes are completely trampled by Lil England, treating them like colonies, overpowrring them through size, rather than treating them as they are: countries that need to be respected.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Aug 23 2019, 11:15 AM
Post #300
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
Out of interest, watching from the outside I'm fascinated to have watched the English/UK media manage to shift the view of Mr Corbyn - who seems to me literalky the stereotype of an inoffensive older English man who likes gardening and is generally friendly & well-meaning - into this bizarre fearmongering image that I don't recognise in the guy at all.

What's up with that? Does anyone here who's not rabidly rightwing have an opinion on that? Like I genuinely am confused at his unpopularity with so many in the UK when he seems to be basically the nice British person stereotype that the UK has over the years tried to sell to the rest of the world. (While Boris and a lot of his Cabinet also appear like stereotypical English villain characters in the style of e.g. a Bond film) It seems from the outside like a really strange distortion of reality.

+Quote this post

61 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:18 PM