BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Paradox Plaza for Grand Strategy, Europa Universalis IV, Crusader Kings 2, Stellaris & more...
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Iz 🌟
post May 6 2018, 10:07 AM
Post #41
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

upper guelders is rightful Utrechtian clay he deserves everything he got mad.gif

(but we will help him rebuild next time)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jacob-
post May 6 2018, 12:59 PM
Post #42
Jacob Alan~
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Iz @ May 5 2018, 04:38 PM) *
1820 is the end of the game in EU4 so there wasn't anything 'next' (for reasons like that's pretty much where early-modern warfare ends). Pretty sure Jacob's empire was much stronger than Timmy/Russia, the size is misleading, the territories he's holding would make him far stronger militarily so they wouldn't dare (if he's not allied to one of them, I can't say for sure but a Russia alliance is common when one plays Byzantium).
Yeah exactly and actually Russia and Spain were both Junior partners in a personal union with me so they were both technically mine as well. laugh.gif

This is in stark contrast to our joint game, rip me. I hate the HRE.

+Quote Post
Harve
post May 8 2018, 04:25 PM
Post #43
Cœur poids plume
Member No.: 4,718
   No Gallery Pics

I'm free Sunday evening btw. Let me know so I can plan my sleep cycle xxx

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post May 9 2018, 09:24 PM
Post #44
   No Gallery Pics

I think Sunday evening sounds like a great time.

+Quote Post
Harve
post May 27 2018, 12:59 AM
Post #45
Cœur poids plume
Member No.: 4,718
   No Gallery Pics

Did Jacob get too salty to continue this

(I can do any weeknight next week)

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post May 27 2018, 09:04 AM
Post #46
   No Gallery Pics

He's away for the first part of this week (and I think just band stuff has been keeping him), I'm not certain when he's back, it may be this week, but we should continue this when he is.

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post May 27 2018, 05:53 PM
Post #47
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
Group: Memberrs
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

So yes, I started playing this game a bit.

I prefer starting as a count rather than a king or emperor, as I prefer starting as a lower ranking lord and working my way up, and also starting with a massive empire can be a bit daunting for a new player to control. I prefer to start in a region where the king is evil and I can try and plot to assassinate him for his crimes. I also would prefer to start with a younger lord in his 20s so can do a lot before he dies.

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post May 28 2018, 12:24 AM
Post #48
   No Gallery Pics

But half the fun of CK2 is playing as an immoral evil king! Makes you sympathise with fairy-tale villains. And it is nice playing as the power behind the throne but there's a lot to be said for being the king or emperor and struggling to keep your realm in order, that's fun too.

I like roleplaying based on what traits my character has. If I'm kind and just then I'll be a lawful good law follower who uses diplomacy and honourable combat to advance his power - if I'm cruel and deceitful then the murders can start piling up. And if I die then I can end up completely switching my playstyle.

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Aug 3 2019, 05:43 PM
Post #49
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
Group: Memberrs
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

OK I have started recently as the count of Durham, earliest date possible (rise of Charlemagne era). I like to start as a vassal rather than an independent lord as it is harder. I am a good lord so I am plotting to kill the cruel king of Wessex to free his people from evil (current plot power just over 50%, achieved through bribing two people, still not enough though sad.gif ) and am also making a claim to a land in Ireland ruled by an cruel lord with his equally cruel heir. Its unlikely this will work though as a. Ireland is far from Durham and b. my diplomat only has an average ability as a diplomat apparently (level 8 diplomacy). I am still looking for a new diplomat to replace him.

There isn't much to do at the moment though and i like taking things slowly rather than fast forwarding too much so I am just arranging the marriage of my four unmarried court members to keep me occupied. It's not easy as they are lowborn so have to look at the courts around northern Europe for suitable candidates. I don't want big age-gap marriages.

This post has been edited by TheSnake: Aug 3 2019, 05:46 PM

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Oct 19 2019, 08:40 AM
Post #50
   No Gallery Pics

Looks like the base game of CK2 is free now, possibly forever!!! ohmy.gif get into it now!

Also Paradox Con is on this weekend, looks like some cool new stuff for HOI4, Stellaris, Battletech, no Victoria III yet but we can hope.

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Oct 19 2019, 09:13 AM
Post #51
   No Gallery Pics

Scratch that, Crusader Kings III! This is not a drill!!!

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Oct 19 2019, 05:08 PM
Post #52
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 15,367

QUOTE(Tones and Iz @ Oct 19 2019, 10:13 AM) *
Scratch that, Crusader Kings III! This is not a drill!!!

Still says "Coming 2020" on my Steam with no option to purchase for free? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Oct 19 2019, 05:10 PM
Post #53
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 15,367

Oh wait, were those two separate statements? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Oct 20 2019, 02:28 AM
Post #54
   No Gallery Pics

Separate statements about CK2 and CK3!

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Mar 6 2020, 06:08 PM
Post #55
   No Gallery Pics

I started properly playing Hearts Of Iron IV for the first time in ages now that they've released a new patch (not that I have the La Resistance DLC yet, even if the new achievements include two references to Allo Allo as they should), and I'm really so bad. BUT I think I finally figured out how the logistics and production things work, which I was having trouble with before, and all that focus on the tactical really helps me in other games.

But to summarize: been crushed as Yugoslavia after going fascist, teaming up with Germany to crush the rest of the Balkans but then getting backstabbed by Italy and Hungary who decided to do their own fascisty thing and Hitler decided not to help me as I was declared upon from behind... can't believe I trusted that guy.

Then I decided to try playing as historical Poland to see if I could hold off the Germans, guess how that went. I think I need to load in as a nation that doesn't get rolled over in WW2 until I get good, but I'm still a bit shaky on the navy.

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Apr 15 2020, 01:56 PM
Post #56
   No Gallery Pics

Crusader Kings III will allow players the opportunity to play asexual and bisexual rulers *.*

cue angry gamers complaining about culture dying and ideologies being pushed upon us and it not being realistic. Almost like they'd never played the previous game where you could already be a gay immortal horse Emperor with a harem of concubines who are all your own daughters. But no, the L E F T are forcing this on us*.

*this is why I stay online.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:48 PM