BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> How many copies will Take That's III sell in its first week?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Brer
post 28th November 2014, 04:14 PM
Post #41
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

QUOTE(Mango @ Nov 28 2014, 04:10 PM) *
To be fair, I don't think he's doing it for chart positions or any kind of commercial success, he's just got a load of good songs floating around and wants to let the fans have them. Hats off to him!

True, but surely it's just an invitation for the media to write hyperbolic headlines about how badly his career is suffering from leaving Take That / branding him as an irrelevant flop / whatever it is they do laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mangř
post 28th November 2014, 04:25 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 151

QUOTE(Dobbo @ Nov 28 2014, 04:11 PM) *
Even if it doesn't get #1 this week it could easily manage it in the run-up to Xmas (or indeed, thereafter). He has quite the prolific fanbase!

It won't get anywhere near #1, especially not at this time of year. For a start, it's only available via his website. And it's only really hardcore fans that will buy it, it won't really attract casual buyers which is what would be needed for a #1 album. Plus some fans might see it as a load of rejected songs that didn't make the albums. I'd actually be surprised if it makes the Top 10!

QUOTE({ bré } @ Nov 28 2014, 04:14 PM) *
True, but surely it's just an invitation for the media to write hyperbolic headlines about how badly his career is suffering from leaving Take That / branding him as an irrelevant flop / whatever it is they do laugh.gif

I'm sure they would do that regardless!

This post has been edited by Mango: 28th November 2014, 04:26 PM

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 29th November 2014, 01:08 AM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

Sorry but the comments that Robbie is taking a big risk in releasing his album this way are rubbish, I doubt he's looking for any kind of commercial success from this album. At the end of the day it's an album full of demos, b-sides and unreleased album filler tracks - None of which will get anyone outside of his core fanbase rushing to purchase.

If he had wanted it to be a hit in sure he would have done a lot more than record a YouTube clip to announce its arrival 3 days before its release alongside 1 tweet! Also the CD is available a week before the download so he's hardly gunning for the multiple purchase market - This really is a 'Thanks' to his core fanbase that will pass the general public by who won't even ever know it's been released due to it not being available anywhere apart from his website.

As for Take That I think everyone is underestimating its first week sales for a number of reasons - Everyone was predicting 'These Days' would miss the Top 5 a week ago yet it's challenging for #1! They have 2 CD signings with HMV next week also multiple versions [Deluxe signed boxset, Deluxe boxset, Standard CD, Deluxe CD plus downloads] - I think they will end the week near 300k.

+Quote this post
André
post 29th November 2014, 06:22 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 8,915

LOL, people really thought These Days would miss the top 5? Like, the possibility of that happening was so low. People are always underestimating Take That.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 01:20 AM