BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

83 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'The Fame' ● Album Discussion Thread, 1st Album | 19th August 2008 | 15 YEARS
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
MDNA2012
post Aug 14 2008, 08:22 AM
Post #41
Group icon
Pronouns:
User: 748
OMFG, I am on her myspace at the moment. When you press pause on the music player her album starts playing, track by track. IN FULL. I'm still on and 3 tracks have played so far.

CHECK IT OUT

*edit*

So it doesn't seem to be the whole album :/ More like 4 tracks we have already heard. lol

This post has been edited by Ozmead: Aug 14 2008, 08:34 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
jark
post Aug 14 2008, 12:56 PM
Post #42
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
I'm really liking the album clips; Dirty Money in particular sounds like all kinds of ace, and Parazzi. To me the whole thing has a total vibe of Gwen's L.A.M.B about it, and that is one of the albums of the decade...

+Quote this post
jakee
post Aug 14 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #43
Group icon
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Pronouns: ·
User: 47
This along with TV on the Radio's new album is currently my most anticipated.

LEAKLEAKLEAKPLZ

+Quote this post
p a v
post Aug 14 2008, 04:39 PM
Post #44
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
Has it already leaked? cry.gif Can't wait ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
♫ Boyan ♫
post Aug 14 2008, 05:40 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 229
still no full leak confused.gif ohmy.gif unsure.gif

+Quote this post
jakee
post Aug 16 2008, 12:13 PM
Post #46
Group icon
'The Fame' is released properly in Canada in 3 days. The albums out and about with some people now so I'd expect a net-wide leak in the next 48 hours.

She's quite possibly the best new pop artist of the last 5 years. She's just the whole package isn't she? Excellent singer and dancer (at the same time), excellent writer, her own fashion. It's refreshing to see someone so passionate about pop music and experience someone redefining it and moving the vessel of pop forwards. She holds many of the past qualities of her idols (Madonna being one such example).

'Just Dance' is shaping up to be a massive worldwide hit too. It's top 10 in half of the world's iTunes o:

+Quote this post
MDNA2012
post Aug 16 2008, 01:03 PM
Post #47
Group icon
Pronouns:
QUOTE(Jake @ Aug 16 2008, 01:14 PM) *
'The Fame' is released properly in Canada in 3 days. The albums out and about with some people now so I'd expect a net-wide leak in the next 48 hours.

She's quite possibly the best new pop artist of the last 5 years. She's just the whole package isn't she? Excellent singer and dancer (at the same time), excellent writer, her own fashion. It's refreshing to see someone so passionate about pop music and experience someone redefining it and moving the vessel of pop forwards. She holds many of the past qualities of her idols (Madonna being one such example).

'Just Dance' is shaping up to be a massive worldwide hit too. It's top 10 in half of the world's iTunes o:

I do love the ga ga and I hope Im wrong but I don't see her album doing well in the states at all. Maybe Gold on shipment, maybe. but that's it. And thats quite sad cry.gif I don't think they're ready for her. Plus "Just Dance" is really lacking in airplay over there. And that makes up 50% of the chart positions ohmy.gif
I do hope she is massive in Europe. Like Pink or Anastacia - american artists who don't really need the american market.

It really is refreshing to see someone like ga ga who has the whole package. Easily the most exciting music force since Madonna!

I wish her album will leak already. I will be buying the album, but I need the songs NOW

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Aug 16 2008, 01:06 PM
Post #48
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I'm not sure whether she'll be a big success, I'm hoping the fact she's recognised as being someone unique, individual and talented will help her win through in the longrun.

+Quote this post
MDNA2012
post Aug 16 2008, 01:10 PM
Post #49
Group icon
Pronouns:
It would be so sucky if she didnt make it big and just ended up being a song writer/producer. Something like a Cathy Dennis

+Quote this post
Mikal
post Aug 16 2008, 01:15 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,092
Well the single is huge in the markets it's released in (not including US) and I'd be surprised if the album didn't follow suite in those countries

+Quote this post
jakee
post Aug 16 2008, 01:24 PM
Post #51
Group icon
QUOTE(Silver Rocket @ Aug 16 2008, 02:07 PM) *
I'm not sure whether she'll be a big success, I'm hoping the fact she's recognised as being someone unique, individual and talented will help her win through in the longrun.

She's easily got the capacity to be become globally huge. She's currently #01 in Canada and the Canadian and American markets are essentially the same with some minor differences. Interscope haven't even begun to push 'Just Dance' yet. They haven't even sent it for adds yet! I suspect her team are launching her internationally before putting some proper money into her in the two major markets; the UK and the USA.

'Just Dance' on iTunes around the world:

Australia ıı 04
Austria ıı 45
Canada ıı 01
Denmark ıı 18
Finland ıı 05
France ıı 29
Germany ıı 33
Italy ıı 55
Netherlands ıı 37
New Zealand ıı 02
Norway ıı 34
Sweden ıı 02
Switzerland ıı 05

And that's on relatively minor promotion. When a song does so widely well in countries where English isn't even the native tongue it just highlights a song's ability for success on a massive scale.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Aug 16 2008, 01:31 PM
Post #52
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
I've literally just 'got' Just Dance

I never thought much of it before but I gave it a more focused listen (it was always on in the background before) and I like it now ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
AaronTM
post Aug 16 2008, 02:38 PM
Post #53
Group icon
salty foods parch the human
Pronouns: he/him
User: 4,631
QUOTE(gooddelta @ Aug 16 2008, 02:32 PM) *
I've literally just 'got' Just Dance

I never thought much of it before but I gave it a more focused listen (it was always on in the background before) and I like it now ohmy.gif

It took a while for it to grow on me too. When it was entered in the BJSC I thought it was alright, but I didn't give it any points. Now it would definitely be a contender for my top few points.

I like all the previews I've heard from her so far, I hope the album does well for her. happy.gif

+Quote this post
jark
post Aug 16 2008, 02:57 PM
Post #54
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
I think the album will likely do very well. The success of the single already, with no promotion like Jake said, just shows that the world is really dying for the music of this girl; it'd be wise to release another song before the album though, or alongside, to ensure people are convinced that she's capable or more goodness and Just Dance isn't a one-off.

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post Aug 16 2008, 10:52 PM
Post #55
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454
If they don't make Poker Face a single, that's a shame.

This post has been edited by On Your Shore: Aug 16 2008, 10:52 PM

+Quote this post
l In This Life l
post Aug 16 2008, 11:23 PM
Post #56
Group icon
New Entry
User: 6,859
i think the album will go Top 10 in the US and most likely to go #1 in Canada

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post Aug 17 2008, 12:01 AM
Post #57
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454
Okay, I've really changed my mind about this album. There are lots of songs that I love now and I'm dying to buy the album..I may have to import it. heehee.gif I'm officially obsessed with the clips of Poker Face and Nothing I Can Say (Eh Eh), I've been playing them for probably an hour now..October is too long to wait. Nothing I Can Say has this hot synth thing going on, I love it so much. heart.gif Another contender for a single. I just saw the video for Just Dance and I love that as well.

+Quote this post
Tyler
post Aug 17 2008, 07:27 AM
Post #58
Group icon
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
User: 67
I can't wait for this album, hands down the best album of 2008 from what I hear so far.

Boys Boys Boys is the best song for me since Gimme More. wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif "Let's go see the Killers and makeout in the bleachers". biggrin.gif

Also loving Pokerface, Love Games, Beautiful Dirty Rich, The Fame, and Again Again. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Tyler
post Aug 17 2008, 07:35 AM
Post #59
Group icon
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
User: 67
ALSO

Lady Gaga has been confirmed to be one of the main producers and writing collaboraters for Britney Spears' new album. Two tracks have already been confirmed to make her next album.

and....

According to various reliable sources, Lady GaGa has been asked by Jive Records to open for Britney Spears on her upcoming 2009 world tour, Britney has fallen in love with her work and wants her to open for her next tour. “Nothing is set in stone yet”, says a source close to Britney’s camp “Stefani (Lady GaGa) is planning her own tour for later this year and Britney is still working on her comeback album along with getting her mental and physical health in order”. Only time will tell if this is true.

+Quote this post
Mikal
post Aug 17 2008, 05:38 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,092
I can't believe this hasn't leaked mellow.gif

+Quote this post

83 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:41 AM