BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl, Late 2021
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
WhoOdyssey
post 15th January 2021, 12:45 PM
Post #1
Group icon
‘psychedelic pop-infused’? Pull the other one!
User: 67,771

With there not being a mainseries Pokémon game last year, and it being the series 25th anniversary, it's all but certain that there will be one this year. But what will it be?

There are rumours going around today that Diamond and Pearl remakes will be announced next month, and that seems to be the most likely option I'd say as well. I wouldn't mind it next year, but I really hope it's not "Let's Go! Johto" laugh.gif

https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/15/pokemon-diam...mours-13908228/
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Perriechu
post 15th January 2021, 01:00 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 109,885

a very credible source who often leaks Pokemon related news has confirmed it's Diamond and Pearl.

which makes so much sense, it's the "next" one in line, most of the Gen 4 Pokemon were cut from Sword and Shield, and even their Gen 2 pre-evolved forms (which was also people thinking that they'd be in Let's Go Johto, but it was said that they only wanted to do 1 game of Let's Go) and also it's the Diamond and Pearl 15 year anniversary this year too.

My favourite games are finally getting the remake they deserve!! cheeseblock.png

I just hope they don't mess up the difficulty curve sad.gif

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 15th January 2021, 01:01 PM
Post #3
Group icon

Ooh now that I think about it, I really hope the Poketch is retained!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 15th January 2021, 04:12 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I will be FUMING if it's f***ing Let's Go Johto, however I won't believe Sinnoh remakes until I see it with my own eyes at this point laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Frenchie
post 15th January 2021, 04:31 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 72,030

I’m really hoping for Sinnoh remakes. But also very worried that they’re gonna ruin them.

+Quote this post
LouisL
post 15th January 2021, 04:55 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419

I think D&P remakes are definitely the most likely, its a bit soon for a new gen and Lets Go Johto would just feel a bit meh for the 25th anniversary. I'd honestly be happy with any of the 3 though as much as I would love for it to be D&P remakes, I just miss all the trailers and build up that we didn't quite get last year

+Quote this post
LexC
post 15th January 2021, 05:29 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342

I think Sinnoh remakes would be good but from the point of view of someone who thinks Diamond and Pearl are the least good games in the series so they’ve actually got the chance to improve on the originals in a way that ORAS couldn’t really manage.

+Quote this post
LexC
post 15th January 2021, 05:35 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342

I'd really recommend this video on Diamond and Pearl and the various flaws they have (but not in a way that it feels like they're being maliciously ripped apart) and how they'd need to fix it in a remake. Fair warning: it's long!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 15th January 2021, 05:59 PM
Post #9
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

I both like the idea of remakes & already can see the Sinnoh mons being done dirty by no megas or buffs, just Dynamaxes.

+Quote this post
Rap Codester
post 15th January 2021, 06:14 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Gia, do you know the order of the solos?
User: 21,308

QUOTE(Liаm @ Jan 15 2021, 08:12 AM) *
I will be FUMING if it's f***ing Let's Go Johto, however I won't believe Sinnoh remakes until I see it with my own eyes at this point laugh.gif
Sinnih remakes could be released along with DLC and I STILL wont believe it laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 16th January 2021, 02:53 AM
Post #11
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

1000% a Sinnoh remake needs to be more based off Platinum than Diamond or Pearl. They can still market it as D & P remakes but they just need to include all the upgrades that Platinum had.

+Quote this post
Perriechu
post 16th January 2021, 09:36 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Dexton @ Jan 16 2021, 02:53 AM) *
1000% a Sinnoh remake needs to be more based off Platinum than Diamond or Pearl. They can still market it as D & P remakes but they just need to include all the upgrades that Platinum had.

This is what they should've done with ORAS / Emerald... that statue of the battle frontier was such a slap in the face.

On the topic of Diamond and Pearl's original errors, my only issue with them was that they were so painfully slow. I enjoyed everything else. I thought the story was fun, the Sinnoh region is very charming and it is so challenging.

I hope it's not just a copy / paste remake. I really want them to push the boat out, this is the remake we've all been waiting for for SO long.

+Quote this post
Rap Codester
post 17th January 2021, 01:48 AM
Post #13
Group icon

QUOTE(jsweetxe @ Jan 16 2021, 01:36 AM) *
I hope it's not just a copy / paste remake. I really want them to push the boat out, this is the remake we've all been waiting for for SO long.
i feel like this might be the likeliest possibility but Gen 4 introduced so many legendaries that I think it will be easier to incorporate them all now that DLC is a thing. The Darkrai/Shaymin/Arceus story arcs would be that much easier to integrate rather than doing it through events like for the originals

+Quote this post
Simon.
post 19th January 2021, 09:30 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126

I wish they'd do an open world one that they can just keep adding to, a bit like pokemon revolution. It just makes so much sense, they'd make loads from DLC.

+Quote this post
Perriechu
post 20th January 2021, 05:35 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Simon. @ Jan 19 2021, 09:30 AM) *
I wish they'd do an open world one that they can just keep adding to, a bit like pokemon revolution. It just makes so much sense, they'd make loads from DLC.

I feel like that's what they are trying to do with Go? But for a main series game it might be a bit much, because Gamefreak like to move on quickly. I could never see them doing a GTA scenario mainly cause the Switch doesn't have that kind of capabilities.

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 13th February 2021, 12:46 AM
Post #16
Group icon

!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 13th February 2021, 10:36 AM
Post #17
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

The signs are all pointing the way I want them to, but like I said I'll believe 4th Gen remakes when I have the game in my hands at this point laugh.gif I just hope they don't f*** it up, just leave it like Platinum with 8th gen engine and new moves since then, re-usable TMs etc, stuff like the added Fairy type, little quality of life improvements from SwSh like the easy breeding/EV training, the move relearner/nickname changer in each Pokemon centre. I guess you could argue they helped make SwSh too easy, but I think those things whilst leaving the game the same at its heart will address some of the issues with Gen 4 without taking away the great stuff. Platinum is my fave game so I hope they don't mess it up D:

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 13th February 2021, 04:21 PM
Post #18
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

Only thing is with merging Gen 8 mechanics with Gen 4 games is how reliant you were on HMs when it came to exploration in Sinnoh. Literally every route had some kind of blockage or extra route you could take later on in the game requiring a mix of any of the 8 HMs. To have a team able to navigate anywhere in Platinum you needed two HM slaves laugh.gif

Whereas now, what theres no rock climbing or smashing at all, no moving boulders, flying across the region has become a taxi service without needing a flying type, there’s no use for defog, waterfall or cut outside of battle, and the obvious surf has become a bicycle upgrade. It’s not entirely a bad thing it’ll just require either some backtracking on their part or a redesign(but hopefully not simplification) of Sinnoh landscape

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 13th February 2021, 04:33 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

They can do stuff like the Ride Pokémon feature from Gen 7, going back to having to use HMs on Pokemon would be stupid as it just wastes a move slot unless it's Surf/Fly/maybe Waterfall, Rock Climb is ok I guess but anything you'd realistically use it on would have Body Slam or something better.

Plus Defog has become a great, almost essential move competitively so there's implications there of making that available as a HM for basically any flying type!

+Quote this post
Rap Codester
post 13th February 2021, 07:54 PM
Post #20
Group icon

Staraptor taxis or bust

Gen 4 remakes are the Pokémon equivalent to “preparing for YG to announce BLACKPINK’s next comeback” at this point tongue.gif I’d complete the game + post-game quests and I still wouldn’t believe it

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 12th June 2024, 12:33 PM