BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Burnt, 6 November | Bradley Cooper, Sienna Miller, Emma Thompson
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
J❄️hq
post Oct 28 2015, 11:28 PM
Post #1
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Bradley trying to make it four noms in a row, he's got this and "Joy" to try with, reviews don't look that kind so far. BUT over 90 minutes of food, that's enough to draw me in *.*

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Oct 30 2015, 11:17 AM
Post #2
c:
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,692

Excited for this, big shame about the bad reviews because I was hoping Bradley would get another Oscar nomination for it, he certainly looks stellar in the trailers. Got a lot to look forward to on this release week along with Brooklyn and He Named Me Malala.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Nov 7 2015, 09:01 PM
Post #3
c:

Not a bad film at all but overall a bit disappointing, not sure it is worthy of any Oscar nominations like I think they were said to be campaigning for although as usual, Cooper was very good. The story was exciting enough but I wish some things were a but more fleshed out, especially the ending, it was so abrupt! I want to know how it all ended sad.gif

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Nov 8 2015, 05:18 PM
Post #4
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Not essential or spectacular by any means but still my favourite of recent Bradley Cooper-led movies, having not liked American Sniper, American Hustle or Silver Linings Playbook. The food was nice to look at and I wasn't left feeling particularly bored at any point but I don't feel like I cared for any of the characters really or what happened to them.

The little girl was the highlight laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 10 2015, 02:59 AM
Post #5
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

A very meh film overall, but Bradley Cooper's best performance to date. He was fantastic in it. Loving his recent run! The sub stories just seem like they were thrown together to try and get a gripping and intense story going, so it was all a bit too much at times and didn't particularly fit very well.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Nov 10 2015, 07:41 AM
Post #6
c:

QUOTE(J▲hq @ Nov 8 2015, 05:18 PM) *
Not essential or spectacular by any means but still my favourite of recent Bradley Cooper-led movies, having not liked American Sniper, American Hustle or Silver Linings Playbook. The food was nice to look at and I wasn't left feeling particularly bored at any point but I don't feel like I cared for any of the characters really or what happened to them.

The little girl was the highlight laugh.gif

You favourite out of the four was Burnt? ohmy.gif That's way way way at the bottom for me. SLP is one of my favourite films ever, JL and BC had such good chemistry in it too and both brilliantly acted. Sniper was very touching and intense too. Hustle was executed fantastically by every single actor/actress in it although I think the story wasn't massively thrilling. I'd put Burnt as his second best performance ever in hindsight and take back what I said about not deserving as Oscar because he made the whole crowd in the screening feel tension inside when he was screaming at his staff but it's far from his best film in my opinion. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Noahspike
post Nov 11 2015, 01:13 AM
Post #7
There's a frisbee in my brunch
Member No.: 19,860
   No Gallery Pics

Saw this over the weekend and enjoyed it, and only partly due to all the amazing food featured throughout wub.gif. Haven't read any reviews in full but I see its doing badly with critics, which really surprises me. I loved the insight it gave of the world of posh restaurant kitchens/Michelin star-chasing, with all the cooking techniques, teamwork, pressures of the workplace, competitiveness, tactics, tip-offs etc. I thought Bradley Cooper's character and his backstory was really interesting, if a little far-fetched with regard to encountering all his former enemies/everything from his past resurfacing at once. The acting was solid (and in Cooper's case really impressive), I believed the chemistry between the two main characters and there were a lot of funny moments...so overall I can't complain. happy.gif

QUOTE(J▲hq @ Nov 8 2015, 05:18 PM) *
having not liked Silver Linings Playbook

Judging you x

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:14 PM