BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Live While We're Young • Single #1, from Take Me Home
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post 23rd August 2012, 12:03 PM
Post #1
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

To coincide with the new rules, here's a thread for the new single! Goes up for pre-order at midnight tonight.

CLUE: Now One Direction did not win the X Factor in 2010, but they were beaten by another famous now C-lister artist. This certain artist had a very public spat in 2013 with another former X-Factor winner..

This post has been edited by Rooney: 19th April 2014, 04:00 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 23rd August 2012, 12:13 PM
Post #2
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

I'm not sure about the title in the way of what it will sound like, gives off Tulisa & fun. vibes, the title hints at the same kind of message. Very excited though, exactly the announcement I was hoping for. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 23rd August 2012, 12:34 PM
Post #3
Group icon

I can imagine it being a WMYB style song, TBH. I hope so, anyway. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Umi
post 23rd August 2012, 12:36 PM
Post #4
Group icon
All I See br29
User: 14,659

Oh well it's surely going to be WMYB 2.0 (3.0?). We're hardly expecting them to make artistic progression, are we?

+Quote this post
BrookeOlivia
post 23rd August 2012, 12:50 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Am just a girl who wishes for the world - Marilyn Monroe ♥
User: 11,449

When is it out?

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 23rd August 2012, 12:51 PM
Post #6
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

September 30th.

Oh certainly. "Live While We're Young" has the exact same writing team as WMYB had.

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 23rd August 2012, 12:53 PM
Post #7
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

QUOTE(Umi @ Aug 23 2012, 01:36 PM) *
Oh well it's surely going to be WMYB 2.0 (3.0?). We're hardly expecting them to make artistic progression, are we?

Exactly. Makes me laugh all the people who slag off JLS for allegedly not doing anything different (which is bullshit IMO) when you just know how this one will go - jangly opening guitar riff, Liam sounding a bit low and monotone, bridge-y bit, chorus where they sound like Kelly Clarkson/jump around like dogs peeing up a tree, Zayn doing high pitched ad-libby bits and repeat to fade.

Also did anyone notice Zayn rejoined Twitter just in time for this single to be announced today? Not sure even Geri Halliwell would have pulled a publicity stunt that desperate had Twitter and social networking been around back in the day...

+Quote this post
BrookeOlivia
post 23rd August 2012, 12:58 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Am just a girl who wishes for the world - Marilyn Monroe ♥
User: 11,449

QUOTE(Jáhq @ Aug 23 2012, 01:51 PM) *
September 30th.

Oh certainly. "Live While We're Young" has the exact same writing team as WMYB had.

Oh we should hear it soon then!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 23rd August 2012, 01:40 PM
Post #9
Group icon

QUOTE(ThePensmith @ Aug 23 2012, 01:53 PM) *
Also did anyone notice Zayn rejoined Twitter just in time for this single to be announced today? Not sure even Geri Halliwell would have pulled a publicity stunt that desperate had Twitter and social networking been around back in the day...

This sentence just STINKS of someone who can't take that 1D are more successful than JLS. You wouldn't be saying the same if the JLS boys had individual accounts and if Aston, for example, deactivated his account because of hate and then reactivated it the next day.

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 23rd August 2012, 01:45 PM
Post #10
Group icon

QUOTE(JosephSilvas @ Aug 23 2012, 02:40 PM) *
This sentence just STINKS of someone who can't take that 1D are more successful than JLS. You wouldn't be saying the same if the JLS boys had individual accounts and if Aston, for example, deactivated his account because of hate and then reactivated it the next day.

When One Direction have sold out the O2 Arena ten times, had more number 1 singles here and sold more here and had the approval of the people who really matter - Gary Barlow, Boyz II Men - then you come back to me and say they're more successful. One single and album doing well in America while the second struggles to move up airplay for weeks on end doesn't constitute 'cracking it' there. What The Beatles did staying consistently successful there constitutes cracking it.

This post has been edited by ThePensmith: 23rd August 2012, 01:45 PM

+Quote this post
Hayzayy
post 23rd August 2012, 01:45 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Who's Daniel btw ?
User: 1,804

Zayn = life <3

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 23rd August 2012, 01:48 PM
Post #12
Group icon

QUOTE(ThePensmith @ Aug 23 2012, 02:45 PM) *
When One Direction have sold out the O2 Arena ten times, had more number 1 singles here and sold more here and had the approval of the people who really matter - Gary Barlow, Boyz II Men - then you come back to me and say they're more successful. One single and album doing well in America while the second struggles to move up airplay for weeks on end doesn't constitute 'cracking it' there. What The Beatles did staying consistently successful there constitutes cracking it.

Come back to me when JLS have sold out Madison Square Garden in under a minute. smile.gif

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 23rd August 2012, 01:57 PM
Post #13
Group icon

QUOTE(JosephSilvas @ Aug 23 2012, 02:48 PM) *
Come back to me when JLS have sold out Madison Square Garden in under a minute. smile.gif

OK, you be all smug and rub that in my face now. You just wait. The camel's back will break with them eventually because they've had it too soon and too fast and it's made them cocky/think they've invincible. They're a fad.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 23rd August 2012, 02:13 PM
Post #14
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

Yeah, I imagine this will sound just like WMYB or One Thing. Quite a boring boyband in that aspect, you know exactly what each song is going to sound like, to please their irritating little fanbase.

EDIT: Though I suppose every boyband are like that. You could count on Take That to bring out an MOR ballad for the housewives, I guess 1D are no different. They're good at making songs that all sound the same. Just for me, I much prefer the dance pop sound of The Wanted at the moment, who did successfully change their sound from Album 1 -> Album 2.

This post has been edited by Robot: 23rd August 2012, 02:16 PM

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 23rd August 2012, 02:16 PM
Post #15
Group icon

The thing is, the sound worked really well with their first album, why would it need to be changed? Don't fix what ain't broken, etc.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 23rd August 2012, 02:20 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Im sure this willnet one direction their 2nd number single or 3rd if you count their charity record as they were listed offically on it.

+Quote this post
Umi
post 23rd August 2012, 02:53 PM
Post #17
Group icon
All I See br29
User: 14,659

QUOTE(JosephSilvas @ Aug 23 2012, 03:16 PM) *
The thing is, the sound worked really well with their first album, why would it need to be changed? Don't fix what ain't broken, etc.

Well they don't need to go in a completely new direction but they've shoved themselves into a rather narrow bubblegum/MOR sound bracket with their singles (and most of the album) and while Up All Night is a competent album, a 2.0 of that wouldn't appeal to me at all. They don't need to change too much but even expanding more on the 'Stole My Heart' sound would keep them fresh (and still good). People get bored when people do the same stuff all the time, you can see it with the moderate backlash when Florence + The Machine released Ceremonials - people liked it but they'd heard it all before. And it was the same thing with P!nk's new single.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 23rd August 2012, 04:11 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

The difference between 1D and JLS is that 1D's music works and whilst it is rather generic, it is still quite individual to them, however JLS' last releases could have been put out by anyone!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 23rd August 2012, 04:57 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I MIGHT actually be interested in this if it's like What Makes You Beautiful, I did enjoy that quite a bit more than I should've (One Thing as well to a lesser extent) so perhaps I will like the new one. Can't they move it back a week though, Ellie Goulding needs to go to #1 sad.gif

QUOTE(ThePensmith @ Aug 23 2012, 02:57 PM) *
OK, you be all smug and rub that in my face now. You just wait. The camel's back will break with them eventually because they've had it too soon and too fast and it's made them cocky/think they've invincible. They're a fad.

No offence but you need to get your toys back in the pram... I'm not even a 1D fan AT ALL but JLS were a 'fad'. They lasted 2 years before the success died, I don't know what on earth happened with Proud but they're clearly losing it. You're attacking Joesph for being all 'smug' but you're doing the same thing calling them out for being a 'fad', look at JLS now. They're dying out and I'd be amazed if they lasted past this album. Maybe 1D will be the same you will never know but it certainly looks that way for JLS, and ftr I actually like JLS and dislike 1D but it's the facts. JLS have had their day, so let 1D have theirs, however long it may or may not last.

+Quote this post
Billy.
post 23rd August 2012, 05:06 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,095

QUOTE(ThePensmith @ Aug 23 2012, 01:53 PM) *
Exactly. Makes me laugh all the people who slag off JLS for allegedly not doing anything different (which is bullshit IMO) when you just know how this one will go - jangly opening guitar riff, Liam sounding a bit low and monotone, bridge-y bit, chorus where they sound like Kelly Clarkson/jump around like dogs peeing up a tree, Zayn doing high pitched ad-libby bits and repeat to fade.

They both may be making predictable music, but at least One Direction are actually listenable. JLS are 2009, and that's where they should stay because their music is deterioriating at an incredibly fast pace.

+Quote this post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 21st May 2024, 04:36 PM