BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Vote for Single 4!, So we have Secret Love Song now! What do we want as single 4?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Which songs do you want as singles?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 55
Guests cannot vote 
JulianNial
post 11th February 2016, 03:38 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454

So obviously the girls label and management took notice of our last poll to vote for single 3 haha! So let's face it, there will be another single following the success of Secret Love Song and if there isn't, it would be a very stupid move in my opinion.

Here was my opinion just as the album was released.
QUOTE(Juliano @ Nov 6 2015, 02:08 AM) *
Pick as many as you want!

Personally I the ones I definitely want are A.D.I.D.A.S or Weird People, I like Lightning, but I would love a radio edit version and a music video to follow DNA.

My fantasy is 7 but it won't happen because that would be a ridiculously long campaign hahaha... but any of these.
For example...
3. A.D.I.D.A.S (My favorite on the album except Black Magic)
4. Weird People (this song is amazing and has mass appeal)
5. Lightning (For the video)
6. OMG (because I can imagine it in clubs)
7. Love Me or Leave Me (becauses its bonita)

However I wouldnt be offended with Grown and Secret Love Song being released.

Personally I would be so stuck picking single 4 if it came down to it, probably I would go for (in order of preference):
1. Lightning (Radio Edit) as the album version is far too long for radio.
2. Weird People is still an underrated jam.
3. A.D.I.D.A.S (featuring Drake) would be amazing, as much as I love the song on it's own, this would be amazing.
4. Grown because everyone seems to love it.
5. Love Me or Leave Me... because my opinion hasn't changed, but 2 ballads in an album campaign, if you're not Adele is tricky to pull off.

And if it was OMG I wouldn't be so bothered either, an Iggy Azalea collab would make sense, but would be totally blasted by critics.

EDIT: Goddamn it, I meant to make the poll multiple choice, so just pick THE ONE. Haha!

This post has been edited by Joe.: 11th February 2016, 10:20 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
post 11th February 2016, 07:28 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

I'd go with Weird People. Not because it's my favourite, but because it's the one I think would be the smartest choice.

+Quote this post
post 11th February 2016, 10:21 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I've changed it to Multiple choice and also added OMG and given that an extra vote from myself. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Serg
post 11th February 2016, 01:23 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I'm so into you, I can barely breathe
User: 22,662

Please not Weird People it would be painful to stream it sad.gif

Lightning as stand out for me. But would love to see Hair or OMG.

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post 11th February 2016, 03:16 PM
Post #5
Group icon
tempted by kings with the finest of things
User: 21,231

ADIDAS would be my choice. But also Lightning, Hair, or Weird People would be great choices. I pray to god it isn't Grown...

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 11th February 2016, 03:20 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Hair or Weird People for sure! I really hope it isn't Lightning, that would be easily their worst single for me.

+Quote this post
Defaze
post 11th February 2016, 05:06 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 17,608

QUOTE(Joe. @ Feb 11 2016, 07:28 AM) *
I'd go with Weird People. Not because it's my favourite, but because it's the one I think would be the smartest choice.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with this. 'Weird People' is one of the few that would keep the Heart FM/R2 audience on board, which I think has played a big aspect in their success this era. My personal choice would be a single edit of 'Grown', complete with some beefed up production and possibly a feature. Failing that, I'd love 'A.D.I.D.A.S', although I imagine the lyrics would garner some criticism.

I'd really rather not have 'Lightning' and 'Hair', and I don't think another ballad a la ILY or LMOLM would work.

This post has been edited by Defaze: 11th February 2016, 05:06 PM

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 11th February 2016, 05:29 PM
Post #8
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

Radio wise I would pick ADIDAS but personally Love Me Or Leave Me

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 11th February 2016, 05:33 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I'd go with 'Weird People', it's really fun and it's instant.

+Quote this post
Adam92
post 11th February 2016, 06:33 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 10,752

Lightning is the clear choice, I need to see a video for that!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 11th February 2016, 09:12 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

'Weird People', 'Hair', 'Lightning' and 'Love Me Or Leave Me' for me. The latter obviously not straight after SLS, but I think a release at some point and maybe around October-time to get an X Factor performance slot with it some last minute push for sales of the album!

I'd love for any of the other three to be released within that period!

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 11th February 2016, 09:46 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

It should be 'Weird People' for Spring and then 'A.D.I.D.A.S.' for Summer before a re-release/new album in Q4!

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post 12th February 2016, 01:32 AM
Post #13
Group icon

I'm not too sure how I'd feel about a re-release. I really like this as a complete unit as is, it flows well, and works well together, I would think to add more songs, and not damage that would be equally as difficult as making a new album all together, so they may as well just do that laugh.gif

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post 12th February 2016, 02:14 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454

See Weird People is good for me, wish I could have remembered to put multiple choice, it would be the clear winner!

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post 12th February 2016, 11:06 PM
Post #15
Group icon

Yeah I should have read first because I only voted for ADIDAS, and Weird People, Hair, and Lightening would definitely have gotten votes as well laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Hurricane
post 13th February 2016, 04:12 AM
Post #16
Group icon
get me started, hot like fire
User: 17,262

If their previous campaigns (and recent general pop campaigns) are anything to go by, I honestly don't believe there will be more than 4 singles, and I'm already a bit sceptical about the fourth one.

Because it's represents the idea of the album and because I think they could easily make it work as a cheap ass tour video, 'Weird People' would definitely make a good 4th single. It will gather to the same radio producers and executives that liked their previous singles from this era, so it's a smart choice. It's also a decent song.

'Lightning' is the superior song, and the production truly lends itself to a rapper if they ever feel like they need a feature, but I'm just not sure if radios would be interested in playing it, especially as a 4th single anyway. It doesn't have a crossover appeal either, although as I said, I still think it's the superior song of all the albumtracks left in terms of pop quality.

'Hair', 'Grown', 'A.D.I.D.A.S' are ridiculously shit, it would be a big mistake to release these.

The ballads would actually make decent singles, but I just don't know if it's worth it after 'Secret Love Song'?

+Quote this post
post 13th February 2016, 06:41 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I think they'll defiantely be a single 4 as the first 3 have been some of their most successful singles ever and they want to Capitalise on that. Not to mention they'll probably want something that can tie in with a BGT performance.

'Lightning' would still get decent radio airplay from Radio 1, they're heavily supporting this era and the album and singles have sold very well, and thats the way Radio 1 work, they'd support anything they released at this point, even as a single 5. But I agree that it honestly will not have the crossover feel, Heart and R2 wouldn't touch the song.

+Quote this post
colinn
post 13th February 2016, 09:32 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 18,033

I think 'Secret Love Song, Pt. II' would be a wise choice a la 'Empire State of Mind' & 'Read All About It'.

But since it's not a choice, I think 'I Love You' would make a great final single. However, it seems to be the most forgotten song on the album sad.gif (unrightfully so, it's the best album track bar the singles!!)

This post has been edited by colinn: 13th February 2016, 09:32 AM

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post 13th February 2016, 03:54 PM
Post #19
Group icon

Weird People definitely ties best in with the previous singles, and as previously said, would most likely get the most radio support. I just cannot see them releasing Lightening as a single, as amazing as it is, just because it was on the LMLY collection. Still routing for ADIDAS, just because it's slightly more of a different choice to their previous singles, and kind of ties all 3 of their album campaigns in 1 song, so I think it would be my personal favourite to lead them into album 4. Though if they're going to do 5 singles, which i doubt, i would save ADIDAS to the end, and use Weird People for single 4

+Quote this post
Slick
post 13th February 2016, 03:58 PM
Post #20
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70

I'm here for 'Weird People' - it's instant, catchy, radio-friendly, fits with their 'be yourself' vibe they've got going on. I like 'Lightning' but I'm not sure how radio would take to it without there being some form of radio mix.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 02:43 AM