BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> What next for RAYE?, 6 Brit Awards later
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
awardinary
post 8th March 2024, 12:01 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

Well we don’t (yet) have an artist forum for RAYE, but clearly it’s coming soon (isn’t that right Joseph wink.gif) and so seeing as she went down in history last weekend as the first person to scoop 6 Brit Awards in a single evening, what will she be doing next? As an independent artist, will she refuse offers of collaborating with well known producers like she once did before? Is it realistic to expect a new album by the end of 2024?

What are your thoughts on the future of RAYE’s career?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mangø
post 8th March 2024, 10:05 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 151

Apart from anything else, I think she'd feel a little aggrieved that this post is in the Pop forum and not the R&B one kink.gif

+Quote this post
Scene
post 8th March 2024, 10:14 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Baby Reindeer
User: 5,567

Exciting things to come for sure. It would be mad if she didn't capitalise on her BRITs victory by releasing new music before the end of the year but at the same time she'd want to take her time to craft a worthy follow-up album. So many producers and artists will be knocking at her door now.

This post has been edited by Scene: 8th March 2024, 10:16 AM

+Quote this post
Bjork
post 8th March 2024, 10:40 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665

I'd say she has to release something ASAP, people have the attention span of a mosquito
so she should totally release a brand new single this Spring, the sooner the better

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 8th March 2024, 10:44 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

I'm surprised she didn't release this week or announce anything in light of her Brits success! I think she missed a trick there.

I think she could get a big hit out of curiosity but I think she will actually end up being more of an albums artist.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 8th March 2024, 10:52 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

I think she could do the next Bond theme whenever that materialises laugh.gif

I do think she perhaps missed a trick not releasing something just before / just after the BRITS. I wonder if we might get some kind of “deluxe / special edition”re-release of the 21st Century Blues album at some point this year to try and get the album itself to a #1 peak.

Shes in a strong position now though provided she doesn’t take too long to capitalise on the current hype that’s surrounding her. I think a new album this year may be pushing it slightly but then again she’s a prolific writer and may well have the material.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 8th March 2024, 11:30 AM
Post #7
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

I hear what you’re saying about “missing a trick” and what not, because there’s every possibility she’s in for a HUGE era next time but I think it’s better that she’s not queuing stuff up ready for maximum impact. Everything about her success has been organic, unplanned and was never really written with the idea of being a hit, it was just RAYE getting the opportunity to express herself. I hope she changes nothing about that approach next time, I hope she writes what she wants to write and doesn’t think about scoring a hit or anything like that.

The magic of this whole era imo, is that it was a happy accident and she should just stay in her lane of whatever makes her happy because it’s worked before and I’m sure it’d work again.

+Quote this post
gavindeejay
post 8th March 2024, 11:40 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Why do today, what you can do tomorrow?
User: 7,645

I think she may appear on tracks as a featured artist, but I wouldn't mind betting that she'll take her time to put out the follow up album and will lose all the hype.

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 8th March 2024, 11:43 AM
Post #9
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
User: 21,587

QUOTE(Mangø @ Mar 8 2024, 10:05 AM) *
Apart from anything else, I think she'd feel a little aggrieved that this post is in the Pop forum and not the R&B one kink.gif

That afterthought did cross my mind… but she did get nominated too as a pop artist! tongue.gif

Either way, this is a good example of genre crossover and why the current genre forums don’t work that well which is perhaps why MGMT are running a survey currently.

Anyway, back to RAYE… missing a trick? Well, I see why we may see it that way, but as Rob said I don’t think she is chasing hits by trying to capitalise on hype or chasing trends. She’s in a great position for sure, but I am not sure what direction she will go from here. It wasn’t that long ago she featured on a Stormzy single so it’s clear she’s open to the idea of working with other artists, but I do think she doesn’t want to be a dance vocalist any longer.

Worth It has made the cut for the upcoming release Now 117 so if nothing more, she will get a little exposure from those listeners too who may not have heard the song before.

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post 8th March 2024, 11:50 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,179

She should definitely get the ball rolling for album 2 sometime this year . Keep the momentum going releasing the first few singles sometime this year and then the album can come early next year .

I also think she’d be PERFECT to sing the next bond song . So I hope she’s in the running to do that .

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 8th March 2024, 01:07 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275

Absolutely NONONO to random features. That's what Polydor made her to do.

This post has been edited by Sour Candy: 8th March 2024, 01:10 PM

+Quote this post
Scene
post 8th March 2024, 01:12 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Baby Reindeer
User: 5,567

All of her hits are collabs so it would be nice to see her move away from features tbh.

This post has been edited by Scene: 8th March 2024, 01:13 PM

+Quote this post
gavindeejay
post 8th March 2024, 02:15 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Why do today, what you can do tomorrow?
User: 7,645

QUOTE(Sour Candy @ Mar 8 2024, 01:07 PM) *
Absolutely NONONO to random features. That's what Polydor made her to do.

Prada says Hi

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 8th March 2024, 02:20 PM
Post #14
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

QUOTE(gavindeejay @ Mar 8 2024, 02:15 PM) *
Prada says Hi

Which, to be fair, was a sample/remix of an earlier feature she did!

+Quote this post
conorw
post 8th March 2024, 02:25 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 137,667

Im hoping "Let There Be Light" which she previewed at the brits gets dropped soon! I actually can't tell if i think itll be lead from album 2 or part of M21CB deluxe, but im hoping for the former! Lets not forget the M21CB era began in July 2022 with Hard Out Here, and its been out for over a year, so id find it hard to believe she hasn't got some music ready for the next campaign, im hoping for late 24/ early 25 release for the new album!

+Quote this post
conorw
post 8th March 2024, 02:26 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 137,667

QUOTE(gavindeejay @ Mar 8 2024, 02:15 PM) *
Prada says Hi

Her (and DBE's, for that matter) involvement were miniscule, it was casso who simply remixed ferrari horses into prada! the only thing she did relating was record a solo accoustic version (though despite it being made solely by raye casso and dbe are credited kink.gif)

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 9th March 2024, 03:34 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I think she's set herself up to be absolutely MASSIVE if she plays it right, as in like getting 3 singles in the top 5 kinda territory with the next album and being a powerhouses name.

+Quote this post
Yobnedor
post 11th March 2024, 07:02 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Perfectly Pop
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 3,033

I didn’t realise how much she released before Escapism and… low key think most of that stuff is better than My 21st Century Blues.

She shouldn’t have won “new” artist though.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 11th March 2024, 09:27 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

She definitely shouldnt have won best new artist considering how long she is around and how many times she appeared in the charts over the last few years.

+Quote this post
Mangø
post 11th March 2024, 11:50 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 151

I think it was the fact that she only just released her first album that made her eligible for best new artist. Although that still seems silly!

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 11:39 PM