BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Doctor Who is aparently being axed.., acording to the sun!!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
elpresrocket
post 31st May 2007, 05:49 PM
Post #1
Group icon
"...My Name Is Prince, And I Am Funky...."
User: 154

Yeah, cos the bbc are really going to axe their top programme??

anyway, dont beive it becuase rtd has already said it will continue, he just wont be the producer

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2001320...7250185,00.html
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Joao.
post 31st May 2007, 07:56 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 2,497

pfft

+Quote this post
thisispop
post 31st May 2007, 08:12 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I've got an iPod classic and I'm gonna use it!
User: 72

The Sun story says that RTD is going to quit the show as it's producer after the 4th series.

That is something he has hinted at before on more than one occasion.

It does not say the show is ending.

I'm really starting to wonder about the standard of education if you read that provocative piece of writing as anything other than that.

The Headline is merely a tag to draw you into the story.

+Quote this post
MusicMaster
post 31st May 2007, 08:13 PM
Post #4

I didn't believe it for a second.

Even if/when RTD leaves, a new producer will come onboard.
The BBC won't lose a hit show.

+Quote this post
thisispop
post 31st May 2007, 08:36 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I've got an iPod classic and I'm gonna use it!
User: 72

BBC PRESS OFFICE STATEMENT (31 May 10:15AM)

"The BBC has a long term commitment to Dr Who. We are approaching the climax of a brilliant third series, and filming on series 4 gets underway from next week."

Which is quite a bit different from the Freema Agyeman rebuttal earlier this week:

"It is absolute rubbish that Freema Agyeman has been axed or sacked from Doctor Who. However we do not comment on future storylines."

As I said before Freema was only signed up on a twelve month contract, so if she films a series (i.e. Series 3) then she has fulfilled her contract, therefore she has not been sacked or axed as this could only occur if it happened BEFORE her contract was finished, however it does not mean that they have renewed her contract for a 4th series.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 31st May 2007, 09:14 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

QUOTE(MusicMaster @ May 31 2007, 09:13 PM) *
I didn't believe it for a second.

Even if/when RTD leaves, a new producer will come onboard.
The BBC won't lose a hit show.

It was always on the cards that RTD was going to quit, Phil Collinson will takeover his role, Dr Who is a ratings winner for BBC1, there is a lot of fanbase around it.

+Quote this post
elpresrocket
post 31st May 2007, 10:26 PM
Post #7
Group icon

QUOTE(Mikey @ May 31 2007, 10:14 PM) *
It was always on the cards that RTD was going to quit, Phil Collinson will takeover his role, Dr Who is a ratings winner for BBC1, there is a lot of fanbase around it.

or Julia Gardener (i think thats how its pronounced)

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post 31st May 2007, 11:05 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Always wear a clean pair of knickers, cos you never know when th
User: 190

QUOTE(thisispop @ May 31 2007, 09:36 PM) *
As I said before Freema was only signed up on a twelve month contract, so if she films a series (i.e. Series 3) then she has fulfilled her contract, therefore she has not been sacked or axed as this could only occur if it happened BEFORE her contract was finished, however it does not mean that they have renewed her contract for a 4th series.

Good point, I mean, if her contract is up, and they choose not to renew it, then technically they haven't sacked her... It's just like if I did a job on a temporary 12 month contract and left the job after my contract was up... I aint been actually sacked, they just decide that they dont need me anymore....

The BBC are being very clever, choosing their words carefully.... They'll likely come up with a statement saying that there's been a "mutual parting of the waves" or "Freema feels she has to explore new possibilities and other roles..." like they did with Chris Eccleston (something else the Sun got spot on ages before it happened, and the Beeb denied....)

+Quote this post
The Royston Pois...
post 1st June 2007, 08:59 AM
Post #9
Group icon
1 life, 9 hearts, and 18 hands that'll rip you all apart
User: 175

^Eccleston only wanted to do one year though. I always thought he chose to leave.

+Quote this post
Tim Barnes
post 1st June 2007, 09:14 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 7

There is as much chance of BBC axing Dr Who as there is C4 axing BB or ITV the X Factor, it is a ratings winner, if the producer doesn't want to do it any more then they will just find another one, stupid article manson.gif

+Quote this post
elpresrocket
post 1st June 2007, 09:34 AM
Post #11
Group icon

QUOTE(GRIMLY FIENDISH @ Jun 1 2007, 12:05 AM) *
Good point, I mean, if her contract is up, and they choose not to renew it, then technically they haven't sacked her... It's just like if I did a job on a temporary 12 month contract and left the job after my contract was up... I aint been actually sacked, they just decide that they dont need me anymore....

The BBC are being very clever, choosing their words carefully.... They'll likely come up with a statement saying that there's been a "mutual parting of the waves" or "Freema feels she has to explore new possibilities and other roles..." like they did with Chris Eccleston (something else the Sun got spot on ages before it happened, and the Beeb denied....)

they anounced he was leaving one day after the first series began. that ruined the whole series for alot of people, knowing he was gonna regenarate.

+Quote this post
jark
post 1st June 2007, 12:44 PM
Post #12
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990

Ecclestone was rubbish anyway. A clumsy, ugly doctor who was about as slick as a one legged donkey. Tennant is FAR better cool.gif

+Quote this post
elpresrocket
post 1st June 2007, 01:13 PM
Post #13
Group icon

QUOTE(Jark @ Jun 1 2007, 01:44 PM) *
Ecclestone was rubbish anyway. A clumsy, ugly doctor who was about as slick as a one legged donkey. Tennant is FAR better cool.gif

agreed

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 1st June 2007, 02:07 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

Really hope it sticks around for a long time, easily my best thing on TV at the moment, and possibly one of the best shows ever since David Tennant joined.

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post 2nd June 2007, 02:10 PM
Post #15
Group icon

QUOTE(Jark @ Jun 1 2007, 01:44 PM) *

WRONG again mate.... Ecclestone is a seriously talented actor who's done a very wide variety of roles... He brought an adult seriousness and intensity to Doctor Who that is sorely lacking from screechy bollocks Tennant who's basically just reprising Sylvester McCoy's style.... In Ecclestone's show-downs with the Daleks you could actually feel the sheer hatred and anger he had for them, Tenant just pouts and blusters like a petulant school-boy when confronted by the Doctor's arch-nemeses.....

It's not that Tenant isn't a good actor, I've seen him in other things and been very impressed, especially that one-off Beeb drama that he did playing a guy with Paranoid Schizophrenia, but I dunno, I just don't buy him as The Doctor.... And Freema Agyeman is just a waste of space tbh. Bring back Rose.....

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post 2nd June 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #16
Group icon

QUOTE(Lukuzz @ Jun 1 2007, 03:07 PM) *
Really hope it sticks around for a long time, easily my best thing on TV at the moment, and possibly one of the best shows ever since David Tennant joined.

It was one of the best things on Beeb 1 in '87 as well mate, didn't stop the axe from falling though.... dry.gif

+Quote this post
elpresrocket
post 2nd June 2007, 07:18 PM
Post #17
Group icon

QUOTE(GRIMLY FIENDISH @ Jun 2 2007, 03:12 PM) *
It was one of the best things on Beeb 1 in '87 as well mate, didn't stop the axe from falling though.... dry.gif

ive only ever heard people say that sarcasticly.

your telling me you enjoyed Time And The Rani or Delta And Banermen???? i thought i was the only one. Its such shame mccoy got off to such a bad start, hes my 2nd fav doctor but most people hate him all becuase of Time and the Rani.

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post 3rd June 2007, 11:56 AM
Post #18
Group icon

QUOTE(El Pres Rocket @ Jun 2 2007, 08:18 PM) *
ive only ever heard people say that sarcasticly.

your telling me you enjoyed Time And The Rani or Delta And Banermen???? i thought i was the only one. Its such shame mccoy got off to such a bad start, hes my 2nd fav doctor but most people hate him all becuase of Time and the Rani.

There were a few bad plotlines, but it was still one of the most popular shows on BBC1. I hated McCoy at the time, but looking again at stuff like "Ghost Light" and "Curse of Fenric", I can see he had a quality about him

+Quote this post
elpresrocket
post 3rd June 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #19
Group icon

QUOTE(GRIMLY FIENDISH @ Jun 3 2007, 12:56 PM) *
There were a few bad plotlines, but it was still one of the most popular shows on BBC1. I hated McCoy at the time, but looking again at stuff like "Ghost Light" and "Curse of Fenric", I can see he had a quality about him

have you bought any of the doctor who dvds?

+Quote this post
The Royston Pois...
post 3rd June 2007, 02:15 PM
Post #20
Group icon
1 life, 9 hearts, and 18 hands that'll rip you all apart
User: 175

Survival is the best McCoy episode I think. (from the ones I've seen)

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 11:18 PM