BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Dr Who Thread, Season 3: Episode 9 - The Family of Blood Part 2
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mart!n
post 2nd June 2007, 05:42 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

BBC1 cheer.gif 7.10pm
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
jark
post 2nd June 2007, 06:05 PM
Post #2
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990

Cant wait cool.gif Radio Times said its the episode of the season pretty much, if it can beat last week's itll have to be really special!

+Quote this post
Mushymanrob
post 2nd June 2007, 06:27 PM
Post #3
Group icon
im all clares!
User: 5

its c**p....

sorry but unfortunately this series is getting very tired.

+Quote this post
elpresrocket
post 2nd June 2007, 07:15 PM
Post #4
Group icon
"...My Name Is Prince, And I Am Funky...."
User: 154

awsome once again

9/10

+Quote this post
thisispop
post 2nd June 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I've got an iPod classic and I'm gonna use it!
User: 72

I seem to have spent most of today justifying why "modern life is rubbish" but I'm delighted to say:

For ONCE, it's lived up to the hype. One of the best individual episodes of British TV drama produced ever.

Everything it about was just perfect.

The characters were just so rich - Jessica Stevenson's performance was absolutely exceptional, one of the best guest performances in Dr Who past or present... she had a superb chemistry with David Tennant (Dr Who/John Smith) that has been absent the entirety of Series 3 between Freema & David. Hence for once David Tennant was superb - a real depth that he has not shown certainly so far in the rest of Series 3. Probably because of a fantastically written storyline in part because he got to be human... and then to show that diversity as he changed back into the Doctor.

Freema was unfortunate in that she gave her best performance yet, but was overshadowed by Tennant and Stevenson.

Oh and the twist with the watch at the end, looking after the boy servant in World War One, so that he was able to attend a War Memorial in the present day, being watched by The Doctor & Martha was a truly moving emotional climax to finish off unquestionably the best episode of the 21st Century revival of Dr Who.

11/10

+Quote this post
The Royston Pois...
post 2nd June 2007, 07:36 PM
Post #6
Group icon
1 life, 9 hearts, and 18 hands that'll rip you all apart
User: 175

QUOTE(thisispop @ Jun 2 2007, 08:26 PM) *
(Dr Who/John Smith)

Can I just say he's not actually called Doctor Who...

I didn't think this weeks was as good as last weeks, but I still give it 8/10.

+Quote this post
Jester
post 2nd June 2007, 07:39 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Right in front of my salad?!
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12

An amazing episode! Lived up to the promise of the first episode and went beyond what I was expecting. The part at the end with the young chap from Love, Actually during and way after WW1 was really emotional.

10/10

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 2nd June 2007, 07:43 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

I think that was an exceptional episode, and the ending to the episode, I had to shed a tear, it was fitting. David Tenant gave his best in this episode, its not like its over the top with action sequences, it had everything, as for Martha she just gets wooden after each episode, to be honest I'm glad she is getting the chop

but 10/10 for this episode.

+Quote this post
elpresrocket
post 2nd June 2007, 08:07 PM
Post #9
Group icon
"...My Name Is Prince, And I Am Funky...."
User: 154

QUOTE(Mikey @ Jun 2 2007, 08:43 PM) *
I think that was an exceptional episode, and the ending to the episode, I had to shed a tear, it was fitting. David Tenant gave his best in this episode, its not like its over the top with action sequences, it had everything, as for Martha she just gets wooden after each episode, to be honest I'm glad she is getting the chop

but 10/10 for this episode.

she isnt getting the chop, dont post stuff like that when you have no source or proof, where as i have outpostgallifrey.com.

+Quote this post
Hinny
post 2nd June 2007, 08:43 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Question Existing
User: 3,512

This episode has to be one of the best ever, it is such an emotional storm, especially at the end, and the story was so well written, with Human Nature
Full marks

+Quote this post
Joao.
post 2nd June 2007, 09:54 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 2,497

i missed it. was it any good?

+Quote this post
jark
post 2nd June 2007, 10:19 PM
Post #12
Group icon

Oh my jesus! I very nearly cried - the scenes between the Doctor and Jessica Stevenson were so believable, and tearjerking at the end. cry.gif

What a double-ep this has been wub.gif Doctor Who is such a TV treasure.

+Quote this post
Joao.
post 3rd June 2007, 09:40 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 2,497

anyone still think the BBC gonna axe it rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post 3rd June 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Always wear a clean pair of knickers, cos you never know when th
User: 190

The superb performance by Jessica Stevenson and the chemistry between her and The Doctor just totally illustrates the reasons why Martha Jones HAS to be axed... There is NOTHING there between Martha and The Doctor by comparison, AT ALL..... Is it because of Freema's acting...? I dunno, but it just seems so obvious to me that there is something sorely lacking in Freema Agyeman and last night just really brought it home for everyone to see..... Ditch Freema, and get Jessica as the Doc's companion....

And for once, I have to say that Tennant did a good job..... So, just why doesn't he do this all the time then....? He's clearly a quality actor, but most of the time he just seems to be content with screeching and mugging his way through the series....

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post 3rd June 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #15
Group icon
Always wear a clean pair of knickers, cos you never know when th
User: 190

QUOTE(MUSHYMANROB @ Jun 2 2007, 07:27 PM) *
its c**p....

sorry but unfortunately this seriese is getting very tired.

To be fair, the recent two parter has been not bad, but the ending was a bit on the cheesy side...

"42" is probably the worst one (the one with the spaceship crashlanding into the sun), not only pinching from "Event Horizon" (again..... dry.gif ), but it was very obvious that they saw Danny Boyle's excellent film "Sunshine" in production and just decided to pretty much steal almost the whole story-line from it...

The Dalek two-parter was basically just a retread of the Cybermen plot line from series 2 as well..... The Dalek Humans had might as well just had tin helmets on....

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 3rd June 2007, 12:34 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(thisispop @ Jun 2 2007, 08:26 PM) *
I seem to have spent most of today justifying why "modern life is rubbish" but I'm delighted to say:

For ONCE, it's lived up to the hype. One of the best individual episodes of British TV drama produced ever.

Everything it about was just perfect.

The characters were just so rich - Jessica Stevenson's performance was absolutely exceptional, one of the best guest performances in Dr Who past or present... she had a superb chemistry with David Tennant (Dr Who/John Smith) that has been absent the entirety of Series 3 between Freema & David. Hence for once David Tennant was superb - a real depth that he has not shown certainly so far in the rest of Series 3. Probably because of a fantastically written storyline in part because he got to be human... and then to show that diversity as he changed back into the Doctor.

Freema was unfortunate in that she gave her best performance yet, but was overshadowed by Tennant and Stevenson.

Oh and the twist with the watch at the end, looking after the boy servant in World War One, so that he was able to attend a War Memorial in the present day, being watched by The Doctor & Martha was a truly moving emotional climax to finish off unquestionably the best episode of the 21st Century revival of Dr Who.

11/10

Totally agree - this two-parter was absolutely outstanding. I felt emotionally drained by the time it finished.

+Quote this post
MusicMaster
post 3rd June 2007, 02:54 PM
Post #17

Another good episode i thought, and it really showed what a great actor David Tennant is.

Personally i like Freema and i think she's getting better as the series progresses.

I did notice another nod to the original series with the young girl with the balloon, it echoed Remembrace of the Daleks
and used the same music.

All in all a good episode.

10/10.

+Quote this post
jark
post 3rd June 2007, 02:56 PM
Post #18
Group icon

QUOTE(GRIMLY FIENDISH @ Jun 3 2007, 12:39 PM) *
The superb performance by Jessica Stevenson and the chemistry between her and The Doctor just totally illustrates the reasons why Martha Jones HAS to be axed... There is NOTHING there between Martha and The Doctor by comparison, AT ALL..... Is it because of Freema's acting...? I dunno, but it just seems so obvious to me that there is something sorely lacking in Freema Agyeman and last night just really brought it home for everyone to see..... Ditch Freema, and get Jessica as the Doc's companion....

Seriously? mellow.gif

I thought they worked even better than ever, together, last night. She's not Rose, and wont ever be, but shes a different character, and as such shes brilliant wub.gif Together they are perfect.

+Quote this post
Mushymanrob
post 3rd June 2007, 06:50 PM
Post #19
Group icon
im all clares!
User: 5

looks like im in the minority here..... but tbh i was online at the time so didnt concentrate....lol..

+Quote this post
Tom Araya
post 3rd June 2007, 08:41 PM
Post #20
Group icon
I like The Dooleys :) like father like son...
User: 100

This episode was the first one i've watched since the awful dalek ones of this series, and for saying i missed the previouse episode and the first 10 minutes of this one i was pleasantly suprised by a great performance from Tennant and the woman from extras.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 06:50 PM