BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Outrage over Jeremy Kyle Show
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
De Niro
post 10th June 2007, 04:23 PM
Post #1
Group icon
"God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of
User: 254

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_page...s/news4.shtml#1

By James Desborough

TV chiefs are to screen a sickening show in which a convicted paedophile BOASTS of his depraved crimes — and even attempts to JUSTIFY them.

CLICK HERE TO TELL US YOUR VIEW

His graphic description of how he raped his own six-year-old daughter so disgusted one panellist on The Jeremy Kyle Show that she rushed from the studio to VOMIT.

During the recorded hour-long ITV1 special the pervert, who has two convictions for underage sex, also describes how he bedded three 15-year-old schoolchildren.

READ SARA PAYNE'S VERDICT

Sitting next to his second wife and using a false name, Scott, the twisted monster is surrounded by bouncers as he GLOATS to host Kyle and a stunned audience about his evil exploits.

Weeping

Calls are growing for the show to be canned.

Among those invited to attend filming were four victims of paedophiles. One of them, 48-year-old Stephanie Mellor-Smith, said: "When that monster spoke I was violently sick. He acted as if his crimes were trivial.

"These people should not have a platform to air their perverted views on TV."

After traumatised Stephanie fled the studio, producers eventually persuaded her to return to confront the man.

Audience members wept and others gasped as his wife, Julie, revealed that she knew of his evil past when she went to live with him.

She had to give her eldest daughter into care to protect her and later she even had a child by him.

Stephanie, a voluntary worker from Huddersfield, is still physically drained by her experience at the Granada studios in Manchester.

She said: "Others like him will be feeding off his TV appearance and even using him as a martyr — it's a sick thought.

"I believe the producers got me on with this guy because they knew they'd get heated and explosive TV.

"It's simply about the ratings for them. I don't regret my battle with this monster, but I am scared of how much TV time he is getting to talk about his sick desires.

"It really infuriated me, he had no remorse at all. All he did was complain about being hounded out of his homes — it was disgusting. I found myself screaming at him to shut up as he babbled away.

"I felt like this was a show for him to convince the world he was normal."

ITV bosses allowed "Scott" to appear after he asked to air his views on child abuse following an earlier show on the subject.

The episode of Kyle's early-morning show, which he admits is "our most shocking ever", will be screened on June 18.

Astonishingly, Stephanie does not want the show banned. She explained: "The victims should speak out to keep the matter in the public arena.

"By the end, Jeremy Kyle was as damning as the rest of the audience because the man refused to accept he'd done wrong."

Michele Elliot, founder of children's charity Kidscape, urged ITV to withdraw the show.

She said: "This is tacky, exploitative, dangerous and incredibly insensitive. ITV has hit a new low. I find it unbelievable they'd want to give this man a platform to discuss what he did."

But ITV senior execs have vowed to go ahead with the show at 9.25am, but say they'll edit the most vile bits and air a warning beforehand.

A spokesman said: "This programme was about victims of child abuse, who voluntarily came on because they to wanted to let people know how it affects people's lives."

Do you think this episode should be shown or not?

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Andrewy
post 10th June 2007, 04:27 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,254

I thought people would just be outraged because the show is generally $h!t, I didn't think we needed a particular reason ...

Obviously it will still be shown, as the public can't resist a gruesome story ... however many people may complain about it, I'd bet the viewing figures for this particular episode will be well up on the usual JK figures.

+Quote this post
De Niro
post 10th June 2007, 04:27 PM
Post #3
Group icon

If there is really a need for this to be shown then it should be shown late at night, NOT at bloody 9am in the morning. dry.gif

+Quote this post
Jack89
post 10th June 2007, 04:46 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Eurovision Chat
User: 84

mmm i think it should be shown really... kids should be at school at that time anyway

+Quote this post
De Niro
post 10th June 2007, 04:48 PM
Post #5
Group icon

Are'nt kids on summer holidays? Here in Ireland they are anyway till September. Regardless, it is not the sort of thing that should be screened at that time IMO, especially if it made people puke and he shows no remorse etc. sleep.gif

+Quote this post
Kelly
post 10th June 2007, 04:50 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I'm that chick you like...
User: 3

This actual programme aired ages ago didn't it? I remember because I watched it.

It wasn't so much a paedophile saying I like to do this or that. It was an insight into the mind of a paedophile so to speak and dare I say I found it interesting to know what goes on in their sick, warped minds. Agreed a tad too extreme for 9am TV.

+Quote this post
De Niro
post 10th June 2007, 05:00 PM
Post #7
Group icon

QUOTE(Kelly @ Jun 10 2007, 05:50 PM) *
This actual programme aired ages ago didn't it? I remember because I watched it.

It wasn't so much a paedophile saying I like to do this or that. It was an insight into the mind of a paedophile so to speak and dare I say I found it interesting to know what goes on in their sick, warped minds. Agreed a tad too extreme for 9am TV.

Are you sure? Perhaps it was a similar episode? It says it won't be shown until the 18th. unsure.gif

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post 10th June 2007, 05:13 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Always wear a clean pair of knickers, cos you never know when th
User: 190

Jeremy Kyle is a sanctimoniour tw@t who exploits the gullibility of rather, ahem, educationally challenged people because it makes for what he imagines is "good TV" but what the rest of us can see as being the lowest common denominator garbage imaginable.... It comes as no surprise to me that he's giving a platform to some sicko perverts to air their warped fantasies on live TV.... Frankly, I dont think we need to hear what these scumbags have to say or how they try to justify their perverted lusts, I really dont... If we want to know what goes through the minds of these perverts, then I reckon they should get a psychologist or an FBI psychological profiler to give us insights, at least they would just give us the facts and the signs to look out for... I reckon it would be much more illuminating to be honest, and at least we wouldn't have to hear a bunch of perverts going on about how they get their kicks.... dry.gif

+Quote this post
Mushymanrob
post 10th June 2007, 05:42 PM
Post #9
Group icon
im all clares!
User: 5

i think jk is super! lol.. i like the way he confronts scumbags telling them to 'get off your backside and get a job', he tells it straight AND he offers help to those in need who cant get/afford it.

he does a good job and has helpede alot of people sort out their very messy lives.

should we be watching this though on tv?... well thats an individual choice, i have no problem with him.

i think this programme should be aired, anything that lets us see/understand how these people work can only help protect others.

i heard on the radio about a year ago that theres a group of 'non active' paedos... they are sexually attracted to kids but dont act upon it, i think if others knew about this group, plus any help available to those with this affliction, can only be a small step in the right direction.

dunno how this programme will go, but ill trust jeremy kyles judgement as i believe him to be sound.

the outrage?... there always is from the lynch mob mentality, and whilst most of us would sympathise with them, it aint gonna sort anything out. im as much against lynch mobs as the perpetrators.

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post 10th June 2007, 06:01 PM
Post #10
Group icon

QUOTE(MUSHYMANROB @ Jun 10 2007, 06:42 PM) *
i think jk is super! lol.. i like the way he confronts scumbags telling them to 'get off your backside and get a job', he tells it straight AND he offers help to those in need who cant get/afford it.

he does a good job and has helpede alot of people sort out their very messy lives.

should we be watching this though on tv?... well thats an individual choice, i have no problem with him.

i think this programme should be aired, anything that lets us see/understand how these people work can only help protect others.

i heard on the radio about a year ago that theres a group of 'non active' paedos... they are sexually attracted to kids but dont act upon it, i think if others knew about this group, plus any help available to those with this affliction, can only be a small step in the right direction.

dunno how this programme will go, but ill trust jeremy kyles judgement as i believe him to be sound.

the outrage?... there always is from the lynch mob mentality, and whilst most of us would sympathise with them, it aint gonna sort anything out. im as much against lynch mobs as the perpetrators.

Soz mate, I think the guy's an idiot.... His "philosophy" of 'go get a job' is unhelpful in a lot of cases tbh and just .... And I just wonder if he's even qualified to give people advice... Is he a trained guidance counsellor...? What, exactly, is his field of expertise...? Sorry mate, I dont agree at all, I think that he just does it to get himself attention, there are loads of careers advisors and counsellors out there who do a good job and dont get any special thanks for it, nor do they seek attention for themselves like this git does, they do the job because they actually care about the people, not to belittle or demean them on national TV.... And not to make themselves look like "good guys" on national TV....

+Quote this post
Mushymanrob
post 10th June 2007, 06:20 PM
Post #11
Group icon
im all clares!

you havnt seen the show have you smile.gif

he does have a councilling team on hand to help druggies, alkies, violent people, etc etc etc... behind the scenes he does alot of good .

these people NEED to be told straigh to get off their arses, he makes idle, stupid, misguided people take stock of what they have done . he aint a saviour, he aint god, but he does try to get (usually morons) to get back into mainstream life and become responsable people.

i think its a good show in as much that it does help people who need help, and it shows viewers in similar situations how not to be.

i think its a required taste, and i dont particualy like him, but i do like his presenting skills handling chavy no-hopers and supporting anyone who wants to change. maybe not your type of tv... it is pretty 'car crash' viewing, but he does do good with his support team.

+Quote this post
Off_Da_Endz
post 10th June 2007, 06:55 PM
Post #12

i think it's good that he's addressing these issues, and sometimes the only way for it to really sink in is to have shows like this.

+Quote this post
Ryan
post 10th June 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #13
Group icon
lol
User: 774

i think Jeremy is a complete and utter prat.

He blatantly, shouts and orders the guests around, just to make good TV.

This should not be shown at 9 AM :/ that would just be wrong.

+Quote this post
jakee
post 10th June 2007, 07:20 PM
Post #14
Group icon
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Pronouns: ·
User: 47

Isn't this show just for single mums and the unemployed?

Either way its shit from the random 4am bursts I have seen of it.

TALK ABOUT BEING A PRETENTIOUS GIT MUCH

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post 10th June 2007, 07:21 PM
Post #15
Group icon

QUOTE(MUSHYMANROB @ Jun 10 2007, 07:20 PM) *
you havnt seen the show have you smile.gif

he does have a councilling team on hand to help druggies, alkies, violent people, etc etc etc... behind the scenes he does alot of good .

these people NEED to be told straigh to get off their arses, he makes idle, stupid, misguided people take stock of what they have done . he aint a saviour, he aint god, but he does try to get (usually morons) to get back into mainstream life and become responsable people.

i think its a good show in as much that it does help people who need help, and it shows viewers in similar situations how not to be.

i think its a required taste, and i dont particualy like him, but i do like his presenting skills handling chavy no-hopers and supporting anyone who wants to change. maybe not your type of tv... it is pretty 'car crash' viewing, but he does do good with his support team.

I saw it once.... Frankly that was enough.... The guy makes Jerry Springer seem like Paxman.... And, well, this whole "he does a lot of good behind the scenes" malarkay hardly makes up for the exploitation and humiliation he commits in front of the camera in front of about a million or so viewers.... Yeah, okay, the people on his show may be a bunch of Chav thickies... But I just get a very bad vibe coming off of this guy, like he's just another example, like the producers of "Big Brother", of Upper Middle-Class MEEEEEEEDJAAAAAAHHHHH-w@nker getting their jollies humiliating the proles and educationally sub-normal people who dont have the intellectual capacity to fight back against this smug, "clever" man.... dry.gif

As for this particular show, pure "Exploitation TV" that any right-thinking person should utterly detest....

+Quote this post
The Royston Pois...
post 11th June 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #16
Group icon
1 life, 9 hearts, and 18 hands that'll rip you all apart
User: 175

The people shouldn't go on the show if they don't want to be humiliated. Half of them go on there for a joke anyway. You should see the type of people on there, honestly...

+Quote this post
coolnav
post 11th June 2007, 04:24 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 809

kids should be at school at that time anyway

Most year 11's and sixth formers have finished school for the summer by the 18th.

+Quote this post
Chemical_Halo
post 11th June 2007, 06:59 PM
Post #18
Group icon
I spell fun, d.i.s.c.o
User: 144

QUOTE(The Royston Poisoner @ Jun 11 2007, 03:13 PM) *
The people shouldn't go on the show if they don't want to be humiliated. Half of them go on there for a joke anyway. You should see the type of people on there, honestly...

Aaaaaaah they're all common, estate runts aye ahaah!

And they all speak like "You put mah gurrrlfrend under t'patio and it ent OHN mehht!" <3

+Quote this post
Mushymanrob
post 11th June 2007, 07:53 PM
Post #19
Group icon
im all clares!

QUOTE(GRIMLY FIENDISH @ Jun 10 2007, 08:21 PM) *
I saw it once.... Frankly that was enough.... The guy makes Jerry Springer seem like Paxman....

utter nonsense m8.... springer stands back whilst people fight on stage with a baying crowd... nah...

kyles ok, not the most palatable of shows to watch true.. but unlike springer and the other american freak shows kyle DOES help people who want to be helped and cant get it other ways.

im a right thinking person and id watch him if i wanted to relax by the tv and he was on..... not first choice, but im a people watcher (like bb) and some of his subjects are interesting.

+Quote this post
Chemical_Halo
post 11th June 2007, 09:09 PM
Post #20
Group icon
I spell fun, d.i.s.c.o
User: 144

That's true actually. I actually loved the episode the other week about gang youth crime/culture. It was well insightful but pretty sad ):

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 03:28 AM