BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Is there room for another UK girlband on the market?, Discuss
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
___∆___
post 17th May 2015, 10:57 AM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

The Saturdays do get bashed but I think it's more out of frustration at some of the decisions by them and their team - Some of their campaigns were half hearted at best, And whilst they have had 18 Top 40 'hits' many were non events such as 7 Days, What Are You Waiting For, My Heart Takes Over, Gentlemen, Not Giving Up.....

Back on topic it's going to be really difficult for any new band to break as M.O have proved despite decent support form R1 etc, - Streaming has totally changed the way pop bands will perform until the labels can find out a way to manipulate streaming laugh.gif

Looking forward to seeing how Little Mix perform with their new single and I really hope that G.R.L come back with something amazing - I thought they was going to be HUGE after 'Ugly Heart'.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 17th May 2015, 01:39 PM
Post #22
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

Well Neon Jungle have now been dropped according to today's Daily Star Sunday: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/goss/44...pped-poor-sales

TBH I hope the next big girl group - however long it takes them to come around - just look like normal girls next door. I'm sick of new girl groups of recent times with that awful half shaved hair 'style* or looking like drag queen versions of Bratz dolls.

This post has been edited by ThePensmith: 17th May 2015, 01:40 PM

+Quote this post
classydude
post 17th May 2015, 02:12 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 21,830

The UK has always been notorious for having UK-centric Girl Groups. Although GA could have been successful globally if they spread their wings a bit farther, the reason they worked so well is because they were the people's choice and provided pure, camp pop tracks that always had a killer hook. Even on some of their worst songs (LHS in my opinion) they still generated enough interest to gain radio support and secure a charting place.

Things turned sour for Neon Jungle when they signed their US record deal but didn't do anything with it. Little Mix, cracking start to their career with Wings and DNA, but this brand of 'pop' is too niche to work globally, and the decision to market them globally impacted their performance and credibility. Plus, they were marketed as the female One Direction lets be real. Although, maybe the new single may be the one to make a dent.

It would be interesting to see a new girl group form, however it's doubtful. Currently, it's all about [Insert DJ Here] [insert either Bebe Rexha, Jess Glynne, or another female] and house music. When that fades, maybe a group can be born.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 17th May 2015, 05:25 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

Ah such a shame that Neon Jungle have been dropped, Was really hoping RCA would give them a chance with a new single to see how successful it was sad.gif

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 17th May 2015, 05:43 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

I would say that currently Fifth Harmony and Little Mix are in the best position. Little Mix need all killer singles from now on though because otherwise they are going to seriously struggle.

Fifth Harmony could keep up momentum if Worth It is a hit and then they release This Is How We Roll. Strange that radio over here is refusing to playlist them so far though.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 17th May 2015, 05:59 PM
Post #26
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

The market right now seems to be mainly focused on MOR male singers. They're what are currently hogging up the charts and selling albums - Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, George Ezra, John Legend, James Bay, Hozier etc. That appears to be what the GP want right now hence the only type of pop band there'd be room for would be something along the lines of Westlife (lol)

Streaming has been easily manipulated before (ie. Meghan's AATB and LAM), it's just a matter of putting a song on Spotify a month or two before its digital release

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 03:44 PM