BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Elvis Books
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
ElvisIRemember
post 25th October 2011, 12:30 AM
Post #101
Group icon
New Entry
User: 15,121

Hi, I am the PR Agent for Elizabeth Williams, author of The Elvis I Remember. Elizabeth is releasing a 4th edition of her book that will
include a fan Q&A in the back, and will give credit to her readers, if you'd like. The question is: If you could meet Elvis Presley today, what
would you like to ask him? Think of one or two questions per fan please
Look us up on FACEBOOK to participate
facebook.com/groups/TheElvisIRemember

I have read her book myself and found it to be both romantic-their relationship, as well as riveting, sharing the truth and
life of Elvis Presley-the man, not Elvis Presley the Entertainer. I highly recommend her novel. You may find you have questions as you
read through the pages- leave a message anytime on her Facebook wall. From time to time she will open a group chat to answer questions live,
of her readers. We look forward to hearing from you smile.gif -Jorene Kay, PR Manager
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tilly
post 3rd November 2011, 09:09 PM
Post #102
Group icon
I just can't help believin'
User: 191

QUOTE(ElvisIRemember @ Oct 25 2011, 01:30 AM) *
Hi, I am the PR Agent for Elizabeth Williams, author of The Elvis I Remember. Elizabeth is releasing a 4th edition of her book that will
include a fan Q&A in the back, and will give credit to her readers, if you'd like. The question is: If you could meet Elvis Presley today, what
would you like to ask him? Think of one or two questions per fan please
Look us up on FACEBOOK to participate
facebook.com/groups/TheElvisIRemember

I have read her book myself and found it to be both romantic-their relationship, as well as riveting, sharing the truth and
life of Elvis Presley-the man, not Elvis Presley the Entertainer. I highly recommend her novel. You may find you have questions as you
read through the pages- leave a message anytime on her Facebook wall. From time to time she will open a group chat to answer questions live,
of her readers. We look forward to hearing from you smile.gif -Jorene Kay, PR Manager

Hi ElvisIRemember and welcome to the Elvis forum biggrin.gif I will check out your Facebook page.

+Quote this post
Tilly
post 10th November 2011, 05:36 PM
Post #103
Group icon

Elvis By Special Request '71 At 40 (Book Review):

The latest Joseph Tunzi - Paul Lichter collaboration provides a long overdue visual focus on what some refer to as Elvis' 'lost tour".
EIN recently took time out to explore what '71 At 40 has to offer. What we found was a visually pleasing portfolio of images (many rare or previously unpublished) from the 12 cities visited throughout the tour supported by two informative essays by Paul Lichter and an array of press clippings published during the tour.

Read EIN's full review

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/bookreview_71at40_2011.html

(Book Reviews, Source;ElvisInformationNetwork)

+Quote this post
Tilly
post 19th November 2011, 03:29 PM
Post #104
Group icon

'Elvis in Vegas' Special book PREVIEW:

Paul Lichter’s Elvis In Vegas should be at the US dealers soon - and EIN has a few exclusive PREVIEW pages for you to check out. Paul told EIN: “Paul Lichter's Elvis In Vegas is like no other Paul Lichter book. It has taken 4 years of my life and I am extremely proud of the finished product. The best way to describe it is that Elvis In Vegas is a combination of The Boy Who Dared To Rock, EP In Concert and Peter Guralnick's wonderful first Elvis biography on steroids. The text, which is a few hundred pages, is concise and direct to all events that occurred in Elvis' life both on stage and behind the scenes. I interviewed hundreds of people and believe that I have presented an accurate heart warming and loving story. Elvis In Vegas is unique because it is also a photo book that contains almost 300 photographs. Although the theme and main story is of Elvis' time in Las Vegas the book also features wonderful stories about the '68 TV Special, Aloha and does not end with Elvis' December 1976 final Vegas appearance but instead concludes on August 16, 1977.

Go HERE to Special Preview pages. http://www.elvisinfonet.com/book_elvis_in_vegas_lichter.html

(News, Source;Paul Lichter/ElvisInfoNet)

+Quote this post
BeautifulAngel
post 6th December 2011, 05:43 PM
Post #105
Group icon
Love me tender, love me sweet, never let me go.
User: 188

Two new books by Erik Lorentzen (The Elvis Files) and Pål Granlund (Fashion) are in the making: 'Jailhouse Rock: Frame By Frame' and 'King Creole: Frame By Frame'. "Norway may famously be the home of giants, but it’s fast gaining a reputation as the home of gargantuan books on The King.

The two men who deserve all the credit for this are well-known Elvis fans and long-standing buddies, Erik Lorentzen and Pål Granlund. After working together on the best-selling Elvis: The King Of Las Vegas (Flaming Star, Oslo, 2009), Erik and Pål have reunited to offer collectors two essential books on Jailhouse Rock and King Creole, The King’s best and most dramatic movies.

Both volumes will be released in hardback on 8th January 2012 as the first parts of an exciting new series called Elvis Presley In Hollywood. They will each contain more than 400 pages and, alongside text written by Mike Eder, many hundreds of stunning, previously unpublished photographs that have been carefully selected by Erik and Pål from their extensive private collections.

+Quote this post
BeautifulAngel
post 2nd April 2012, 09:36 AM
Post #106
Group icon
Love me tender, love me sweet, never let me go.
User: 188

Coming this summer is a new Elvis collectors price guide by Sean O'Neal called "Collecting Elvis Presley - The 1950's". Joe Krein has helped make this book possible with the author using 100s of images from his collection. The book includes:

• 700 Color Photographs of Elvis Memorabilia
• Selection of never before pictured Elvis collector's items
• Current Market Value of each item
• Tips for making sure that you buy authentic Elvis collectibles
• History of EPE (Elvis Presley Enterprises)

Retail Price is expected at $60.00.

+Quote this post
Tilly
post 30th October 2012, 09:00 PM
Post #107
Group icon

"Scotty and Elvis: Aboard the Mystery Train"

New Book: Out in July 2013 is the newly revised & updated release of 1997's 'That's Alright Elvis' now called "Scotty and Elvis: Aboard the Mystery Train" by Scotty Moore and James L. Dickerson. No cover image yet available.
Description.. When Elvis Presley first showed up at Sam Phillips's Memphis-based Sun Records studio, he was a shy teenager in search of a sound. Phillips invited a local guitarist named Scotty Moore to stand in. Scotty listened carefully to the young singer and immediately realized that Elvis had something special. Along with bass player Bill Black, the triorecorded an old blues number called "That's All Right, Mama." It turned out to be Elvis's first single and the defining record of his early style, with a trilling guitar hook that swirled country and blues together and minted a sound with unforgettable appeal. Scotty was there every step of the way as both guitarist and manager, until Col Tom Parker, pushed him out. Scotty and Elvis would not perform together again until the classic 1968 "comeback" television special. Scotty never saw Elvis after that. With both Bill Black and Elvis gone, Scotty Moore is the only one left to tell the story of how Elvis and Scotty transformed popular music and how Scotty created the sound that became a prototype for so many rock guitarists to follow. Thoroughly updated, this edition delivers guitarist Scotty Moore's story as never before.

ISBN: 1617038180: 304 pages Out July 2013.

(News, Source;ElvisInformationNetwork)

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 01:57 AM