BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Married at First Sight, Channel 4 | Two strangers get married on their first meeting
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post Jul 9 2015, 12:15 PM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

The latest in Channel 4's attempt to create controversy airs tonight with Married at First Sight. The channel claims it is an experiment to see if science can help us to fall in love as a panel of experts sifted through 1,500 applications to find what they believe to be three perfect couples based on various criteria, including their DNA, physical data – such as hip to waist ratio in women and hip to shoulder in men – and their intelligence. The couples will be strangers to each other but will still get married on their first meet. They will then go off on their honeymoon and live together for a further five weeks before they decide whether to stay together and get divorced.

It is based on a Danish show, where none of the couples stayed together but it has also aired in the US, where two couples are still together and Australia.

What are your thoughts on the premise and would you want to try something similar?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Jul 9 2015, 02:14 PM
Post #2
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208
Channel 4 scrapes the barrel yet again. Were it not for the fact Jon Snow hosts the news and they've just green lighted a new run of TFI Friday they'd basically be a non taxpayer funded BBC Three.

These constant 'documentaries' offering up human guinea pigs for dissection and judgement via Twitter etc is just all wrong, however willing some of them may be.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Jul 9 2015, 02:53 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
Gay marriage remains illegal in places around the world but this is allowed? laugh.gif

+Quote this post
April
post Jul 9 2015, 04:43 PM
Post #4
Group icon
changed the game with that digital drop
User: 11,905
I can't believe this is an actual TV show?

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Jul 10 2015, 07:02 PM
Post #5
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
I only watched this while I was waiting for BOTS but that first episode was so boring, we just want to see them get married!!1!

It did seem a bit like they were just trying to match the male/female equivalent to each other which isn't always what people want.

+Quote this post
Martyn
post Jul 11 2015, 08:34 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66
I was watching the Australian version of this whilst I was travelling, well I saw bits of it every now and then. Apparently they aren't really married, it's a commitment ceremony, and huge parts of it are scripted.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:48 AM