BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 2016 Movie Forum Retrospective: The Movies Forum, What's Been Your Highlight Of 2016
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
The Polls!
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 8
Guests cannot vote 
UltraCruelSummer
post 18th December 2016, 01:27 AM
Post #1
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Hey all <3
It has been an absolutely fabulous year for the movies forum and this year has really seen us go from strength to strength and has really shaped this place into a fantastic forum! We have had so many things going on this year so I thought it'd be nice as part of the 2016 Retrospective includes what has occurred in the Movies forum! It has been so nice seeing us create a community here and having us thrive! <3 Below is the key events that have occurred this year! Please feel free to comment anything about what has occurred here this year or anything kind on-topic and please vote in the poll what your ultimate favourite and other favourite moments have been this year! I have linked all the topics for things which aren't on-going (e.g. Buzz Hype) so you can look at them if you want to!

90's Movies Rate | Results | Hosted by JimmyJam | Time travel back to the 90's as Buzzjack members voted for their favourite films from this classic decade!
2016 Retrospective: Disappointing Films | Surprisingly Good Films | Hosted by Ultraviolence1989 | Looking back on 2016
All Time Top Movie Posters | Hosted by Josh. | Josh counted down the top 99 posters by post count in the movies forum of all time!
BAFTA's 2016: Discussion Thread | Discussing the British Oscars
Best Movie Song 2016: Semi 1 | Semi 2 | Semi 3 | Semi 4 | Hosted by Ultraviolence1989 | ON-GOING, Voting for the best movie song to be released in 2016
Biggest Film Of The Last 10 Years: Bracket Game | Final | Hosted by Ultraviolence1989 | A game finding Buzzjack's favourite highest grossing film released in the last 10 years
Buzz- Hype Chart | Hosted by Ultraviolence1989 | Bi-weekly chart where you rank your 10 most anticipated movies!
Buzz-Hype: 2015 End Of Year Chart | Hosted by Ultraviolence1989 | See Buzz-Hype Chart. End of Year for the 2015 charts
Buzzjack Movies Awards 2016 | Nominations Presentation | Nominations | Results | Hosted by Jahq, Josh & Ultraviolence1989 | Buzzjack held their own Oscars!
Buzzjack's Oscars Of The Decade | Hosted by Josh | Buzzjack decided their favourite Oscar winners of the past 10 years
Buzzjack Razzies: 2016 | Nominations Presentation | Nominations | Results | Hosted by Jahq, Josh & Ultraviolence1989 | Buzzjack hosted their own Razzies!
Buzzjack's Rotten Tomatoes | Current Rating Thread | Scores So Far | Opened by Ultraviolence1989 | Members rated 2016 flicks out of 10 and the films received a Rotten Tomatoes calculated type score!
Buzzjack Sexiest Actors: Voting | Buzzjack Sexiest Actors: Voting | Final | Results | Hosted by Regina | Members voted for their sexiest actors and actresses!
Buzzjack's Top Animated Films: Voting | Results | Hosted by Jonjo & Ultraviolence1989 | Buzzjack voted for their favourite animation film of all time
Buzzjack's Top Horror Films: Voting | Results | Hosted by Jonjo & Ultraviolence1989 | Buzzjack voted for their favourite horror films of all time
Buzzjack Ultimate Movie Song: 2016 | Final Results | Hosted by Lotti, Regina & Ultraviolence1989 | 2nd edition of Buzzjack's favourite song to ever apear in a movie which saw Pure Shores pick up a repeat win
Cinema 2016 | Opened by Hadji | What films have you seen in 2016?
Disney Animated Classics: The Rate | Results | Hosted by SamJudd | Which Disney classic is our favourite?
Emoji Quiz: Movie Forum Games | Hosted by Multiple People | Brand new game that premiered in the movies forum!
Family Fortunes/Guessing Game/Never Mind The Buzzjacks/Pointless/Screengrabbed | Leaderboard | Hosted by Multiple People | Part of many consistent and successful games ran in the forum throughout the year
Favourite 2016 Movies So Far | Opened by Jahq | What are your favourite flicks of 2016?
FilmClub: 2016 Reboot | Hosted by Ultraviolence1989 with help from Multiple Members | This finally started! Members watch the same movie and give their opinions on them!
Guess The 2016 Movie Posters | Hosted by Ultraviolence1989 | Guess what posters these are?! OPEN NOW
Guilty Pleasures | Opened by Ultraviolence1989 | What films do you guiltiylely love
HausOfKubrick's Top 30 Horror Films | Hosted by HausOfKubrick | Haus counted down his 30 scariest flicks of all time!
High School Musical: 10 Year Anniversary Rate |
Results | Hosted by Cody Slayberry | What HSM song is our favourite?
Jonjo's 100 Favourite Movies Of The Decade So Far | Hosted by Jonjo | Jonjo counted down his favourite 100 movies released over the last few years!
Josh's Top 50 Harry Potter Characters | Hosted by Josh | Josh counted down his favourite characters from the iconic Harry Potter franchise
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Film/Character Rate/Rank | http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?s...t=0&start=0 | Hosted by Joe. | What is Buzzjack's favourite Marvel film and character?
Movie Interview The Person Below | Opened by Ultraviolence1989 | Quizzing each other on all things movies
Movies Forum Activity | Opened by Ultraviolence1989 | Tracking the number of posts we have made each week
Oscars 2016: Official Discussion Thread | Discussing last years Oscars, the actual evening of the ceremony
Oscars 2016: Predictions | Hosted by Jahq | Predicting last years Oscars
Oscars x 2017 x The Contenders | Hosted by Jahq and Ultraviolence1989 | Discussing this years Oscar contenders
Oscars 2017: Prediction Thread | Hosted by Jahq | Predicting this years Oscars
Pixar Films: Boot & Immune | Hosted by Ultraviolence1989 | Biggest thread in the forum of the year! One by one, we decided our least favourite to favourite Pixar flicks, with some highly questionable results!!
Pixar Rate 2016 | Results | Hosted by Chez Wombat | Our annaul Pixar Rate as Chez hosted what our favourite film by the classic studio was
Poll: Most Anticipated Animation Movie Of 2016 | Hosted by Ultraviolence1989 | The superhero films Buzzjack anticipated at the start of the year
Poll: Most Anticipated Superhero Movie Of 2016 | Hosted by Ultraviolence1989 | The animated films Buzzjack anticipated at the start of the year
Regina Reviews | Opened by Regina | Regina reviews his favourite flicks
Star Wars: The Rate | Results | Hosted by Joe. | What is Buzzjack's favourite Star Wars film? Find out here!
Teen Novel To Film: The Rate | Hosted by DJHazey | Which teen novel made the best adaptation to the big screen!
Top 20 Star Wars Characters | Results | Hosted by Ultraviolence1989 | We voted for our top 20 Star Wars characters! Check the thread to see who came out on top!
UK BOX OFFICE | US Box Office | Hosted by Jahq & Josh | The new box office tracking thread!
UK Cinema Release Schedule | UK DVD Release Schedule | Opened by Ultraviolence1989 | The list of films coming to the multiplexes and our homes
Ultraviolence's Worst Films 2006-2015 | Hosted by Ultraviolence1989 | My least favourite films of the last 10 years
UV's Netflix Recommendations | Opened by Ultraviolence1989 | What I am recommending on Netflix!
UV's Weekly Oscar Tracking | Opened by Ultraviolence1989 | Me Oscar Tracking this years race!
Your Movie Collection | Opened by Josh | Posting pictures of your home Movie Collection!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 18th December 2016, 01:27 AM
Post #2
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

That took way longer than I was expecting! Will be editing in descriptions of each topic now!

Plz comment! <3

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 18th December 2016, 01:41 AM
Post #3
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

Edited in!

Will post my favourite moments tomorrow but my ultimate highlight is the Buzzjack Movies Awards!

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 18th December 2016, 10:29 AM
Post #4
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

QUOTE(UltraXmasWitch @ Dec 18 2016, 01:41 AM) *
Will post my favourite moments tomorrow but my ultimate highlight is the Buzzjack Movies Awards!

Yes, for me it can only be this! It's like the main event, a big summary and look back of the year in movies that anyone can get involved in (as nice as personal countdowns are to read tongue.gif)

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 18th December 2016, 02:36 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I ultimately went for Marvel cinematic Universe: Film and Character rank. I got to properly fan girl over them and it was interesting to me to see which MCU films came out as most popular here on BJ! I also, LOVEEEEDDD the Buzzjack Movie Awards too though wub.gif We cut the bullcrap and just do the main categories! WIN! Haha.

As for the multiple choice, I held back on not voting for a lot of them, just because it would've been simpler to have an "I enjoyed all" option haha. But I ultimately mainly went for the personal countdowns and reviews as they are all a true delight to read.

This forum tho... <3 <3 <3

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 21st December 2016, 01:51 AM
Post #6
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

As I said above, my ultimate highlight is the Buzzjack Movie Awards! Definitely a massive highlight for reasons stated above <3

It really has been such a strong year for this forum and I struggled cutting it down as much as this! <3 Buzz-Hype, Personal Countdowns and the Animation/Horror countdowns are probably my other major major highlights!
All the others I voted for!!!!:
2016 Retrospective
All Time Top Movie Posters
Best Movie Song Released in 2016
Biggest Film of the Last 10 Years: Bracket Game
Buzz-Hype Chart
Buzz-Hype 2015: End Of Year Chart
Buzzjack Razzies 2016
Buzzjack's Rotten Tomatoes
Buzzjack's Sexiest Actors
Buzzjack's Top Animated Films
Buzzjack's Top Horror Films