BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
115 Pages V  « < 45 46 47 48 49 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Will Young ● general discussion
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Neil23
post Mar 16 2012, 03:42 PM
Post #921
BuzzJack Climber
Group: Members
Member No.: 15,290
   No Gallery Pics

I agree Simon is a PRAT but the X factor would be great for Will i really think he would love something like that plus even more exposure for Echoes. Not going to happen though. Losing Myself will probably be the last single from Echoes would love Will to look further afield Europe Asia even America.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sweetwilliamfan
post Mar 17 2012, 01:07 AM
Post #922
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 325
   No Gallery Pics

Well.. it may be a store..but it IS in New York and such things make me happy dance.gif
Amanda Mastrull‏@amandamastrullReply
.@will_young31's Good Things was just playing at Michael's when I was there! He's obviously conquering the US craft store market. #amazing

+Quote Post
LUNAGIRL
post Mar 17 2012, 09:56 AM
Post #923
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 14,492
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Sweetwilliamfan @ Mar 17 2012, 01:07 AM) *
Well.. it may be a store..but it IS in New York and such things make me happy dance.gif

Me too Bev! I'll be in N.Y in June and hope to hear Will being played. yahoo.gif

+Quote Post
truly talented
post Mar 17 2012, 10:59 AM
Post #924
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 140
   No Gallery Pics

Radio Times & Daily Mail listings are showing Will on Dermott's show today. I've a feeling this has been changed to the Steve Wright show on Monday as Dermott let slip a few weeks back. Will isn't listed on the radio 2 website.

Today, 15:00 on BBC Radio 2
17/03/2012
Dermot has sessions from Katzenjammer and Captain Wilberforce and chats to Zach Braff.

+Quote Post
Lophorina
post Mar 17 2012, 12:18 PM
Post #925
New Entry
Member No.: 11,320
   No Gallery Pics

1 day left smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sweetwilliamfan
post Mar 17 2012, 03:28 PM
Post #926
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

Welcome Lophorina

Thanks for the info about Runaway in Holland Gill dance.gif ..this was posted by Stephen on PJ w00t.gif
Americans et al can buy Believe here NOW http://no.7digital.com/artist/will-young/r...e/losing-myself Excellent b-side. The 15th track of the Echoes era and quality is maintained!

+Quote Post
Sweetwilliamfan
post Mar 17 2012, 03:42 PM
Post #927
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

Is Losing Myself available tonight at midnight tonight? that would make it the 18th..only on PJ they're saying its out on Monday. huh.gif

+Quote Post
truly talented
post Mar 17 2012, 03:55 PM
Post #928
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Sweetwilliamfan @ Mar 17 2012, 03:42 PM) *
Is Losing Myself available tonight at midnight tonight? that would make it the 18th..only on PJ they're saying its out on Monday. huh.gif

It's says in the email it is out on the 18th.

+Quote Post
Sweetwilliamfan
post Mar 17 2012, 04:29 PM
Post #929
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(truly talented @ Mar 17 2012, 03:55 PM) *
It's says in the email it is out on the 18th.

I thought so..thanks Gill..tonight is the night then. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
truly talented
post Mar 17 2012, 04:37 PM
Post #930
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Sweetwilliamfan @ Mar 17 2012, 04:29 PM) *
I thought so..thanks Gill..tonight is the night then. biggrin.gif

Yes indeed. New Will track. dance.gif

This post has been edited by truly talented: Mar 17 2012, 04:38 PM

+Quote Post
Sweetwilliamfan
post Mar 17 2012, 08:09 PM
Post #931
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

I've just seen the most ridiculous advert for BGT 'They're on a mission for Queen and Country' rolleyes.gif ..however..the star was Simon's face! rotf.gif

+Quote Post
Sweetwilliamfan
post Mar 18 2012, 01:37 AM
Post #932
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

biggrin.gif He looks SO handsome wub.gif the Beard really suits him heart.gif
The Express
WILL YOUNG IS OBSESSED WITH AFRICAN BIRDS

Sunday March 18,2012
By Will Young

THE 33-year-old Pop Idol winner has gone on to sell more than eight million albums and dabbles in acting, but in his spare time he is a ‘nerdy’ twitcher

I have been obsessed with African birds since I went on a family holiday to South Africa when I was 10 years old. I loved it so much I cried for two weeks when I got home. My grandmother studied birds and my parents are big nature lovers so I guess I inherited their passion.

When I was seven I very precociously wrote a piece about a nature walk I had gone on with my dad and my brother and it got published in the school magazine.

Three years later I encountered African birds in their natural habitat and I remember thinking that they were the most amazing, unusual, graceful and interesting creatures. There are thousands of varieties and you find them all over the world but they are more impressive over there; for example, they have 15 types of kingfisher alone whereas in this country we only have one.

After doing a GCSE in Art, I began drawing African birds and it is something I do whenever I get the time now. I am not very good at drawing from life, plus they move out of sight rather quickly but I am very good at copying from books and photographs and then embellishing them

am always on the lookout for old books and paintings. I found a great encyclopaedia the other day in a shop in Hay-on-Wye and I am constantly scouring markets and bric-a-brac shops.

I am in the middle of drawing a stork at the moment, which will probably take me 10 hours. The most terrifying thing is starting because there’s just a blank sheet of paper and I find it much harder than writing a song.

I only do them for me. I would never think of trying to sell them and I think it would be quite tacky giving them away as gifts. I would be a bit embarrassed saying: “Happy Christmas, here’s a picture I’ve done of a blue tit.” That would be like giving someone my own CD instead of a real gift.

he last time I went birdwatching was in January, when I was on holiday in Malawi and saw a rather amazing fish eagle. I imagine I will become more and more obsessed as I get older. I get to Africa at least once a year, and I’ve been to South Africa, Mozambique, Cameroon, Kenya, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and Namibia.

I can imagine in later years going on holiday just to look at the birds rather than building the activity into a fuller schedule.

The bass player in my band, Ben, is on the same wavelength and we are proper geeks. When we were doing a gig in Ireland we went over by ferry and we were both on the deck with our binoculars. How sad is that?

You need a lot of patience but I can zone out and happily sit there for three hours. I forked out £300 recently for a good pair of binoculars and you have to train your eyes to look beyond or through the light and the trees, which is harder than it sounds.

Then there is the art of knowing what you have just seen since there are males, females and juveniles, all in different colours, so you always need a reference book with you. You feel such a great sense of achievement when you get it right, which is very nerdy, isn’t it?

The most amazing thing I have seen so far is a black eagle in Namibia. They are massive and this one tried to pick up a deer; it even got the deer a few inches off the ground before dropping it again. I like secretary birds because they have got really long legs and they stamp on snakes. I’m also quite a fan of ostriches.

I keep my distance and haven’t had any mishaps, except when I was younger; I ran after a buzzard in Scotland that I thought was a golden eagle and went flying into a bog.

My parents have two guinea fowl at home in Berkshire that are like watchdogs. They sit at the end of the drive and make the biggest racket whenever someone comes along.

When I was little I’d throw my hairbrush at them because they’d woken me up and Mum wasn’t too pleased with that.

I think they are rather happy at my parents’ place but I would never have a bird in a cage at home. That’s a bit cruel; but then I do imagine myself as an eccentric 60-year-old with birds of prey flying around the garden. I would love to host my own wildlife show about African birds. Maybe when David Attenborough retires, the BBC will snap me up.

http://www.express.co.uk/features/view/308...h-African-birds

+Quote Post
truly talented
post Mar 18 2012, 08:11 AM
Post #933
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Thanks Bev.

+Quote Post
munchkin
post Mar 18 2012, 02:53 PM
Post #934
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 127
   No Gallery Pics

biggrin.gif He looks SO handsome wub.gif the Beard really suits him heart.gif

Oh yes wub.gif

Thanks Bev. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sweetwilliamfan
post Mar 18 2012, 06:27 PM
Post #935
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

So many lovely tweets to read about Will in SFTW. wub.gif I can see why..i just watched his interview...gorgeous man and really just so adorable. He really wants that Morris dancing doesn't he laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Sunday
post Mar 19 2012, 11:03 AM
Post #936
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 91
   No Gallery Pics

RT @richclarke: Me, @will_young31 and @virginredroom talking Vaseline and nipples. Why wouldn't want to look? http://t.co/FF3jb5QS

+Quote Post
truly talented
post Mar 19 2012, 11:19 AM
Post #937
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Thanks Sunday.

I'm on the iPad at present as I can't get on pc. It will be a lovely treat to view later. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sunday
post Mar 19 2012, 04:26 PM
Post #938
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

DS

In case you weren't already aware, we were rather taken with Will Young's latest album Echoes when it came out last year.

Fortunately, the singer has assured us that there is plenty of life left in the chart-topping record yet. We caught up with him to talk about his latest single 'Losing Myself', his plans to write a book and what he has in store for his next LP.

A lot of people seem to be liking your new single 'Losing Myself'...
"Have you seen the video? I'm really pleased with it. I think it's really cool. I think he's a really good director, Henry Schofield. He's actually just coming into his own. He did that Professor Green one ('Read All About It') which is a very different kind of video."

It's a lovely video.
"I think he's really interesting. It also makes me look like I'm in a boyband, which I'd quite like. Did you notice all the guys were a lot younger than me?"

Were you pleased with the choice of single?
"You get to this point where you know it's not going to be a raging number one. It's a different sort of thing now. I just love all the songs so I don't really... I've never really had this before but I'd want every single one to be a single. Maybe bar like two that definitely aren't singles. So I have sort of left it to the record company."

It's always nice to be in that position.
"I want to do another single. I'm going to do one more."

A lot of people seem to be keen on 'Silent Valentine'; is that a contender?
"That was what I thought could have been third single but obviously it wasn't in the end. I was really pleased with the response to it after singing it on Graham Norton. I don't know, I don't know how it works."

So the album's not done yet?
"I don't think so. I think one more single. One more then I'm out. I want to start writing again. I actually met up with Kish Mauve the other day and we got really excited about writing a record."

You've got a new B-side 'Believe' on the new single; is there much unreleased material from the album?
"There's not masses more. I used to write s**t-loads of drivel and throw it away. I think I've edited it down. It's literally just Pascal, Richard and Kish Mauve. I don't think there is masses more but I'm looking forward to going back. I feel like it's just the beginning really. Maybe it'll be a bit more soul-ey next time. I wouldn't mind going a bit more soul. Cut to me in a tunic doing a classical 16th century Bard album."

Why not?!
"That actually could be quite good. I think secretly I just want to wear a tunic. And to just dance around with sort of pan pipes. Accept me for what I am. A druid. A pop druid!"

So you're going to continue with the dancier sound? When we last saw you, you told us you were talking about doing a classical album.
"That's a different thing - that's more like a project. That wouldn't be like the big main album. I'm trying to get my head around that at the moment."

It's tricky one to negotiate. If you're not careful it can sound a bit Casio keyboard...
"I think it could be... I need to find the producer for that, that's the key for it. It's sort of turning into something. I know what will happen, I'll start it and it'll probably end up being the next friggin' album. It will start as this little project and it'll become something experimental."

You've been known to take long breaks between albums.
"I think it'll be a long time. If I'm doing some theatre, which I still don't know, then that would take me at least to the middle of next year. I want to do a bit of writing. But then I probably won't have the time. I'm doing a book as well. That's probably going to take up most of my time.

Fiction or a novel?
"No, no it's all about me! It's not like a biog like 'when I was 4 I fell off a table' - it's more, sort of, funny stories, I guess. And sad stories. I'm quite enjoying it. It's just a really silly, funny job. Lots of very funny things happen."

Are you writing it with other people or do you just sit in a room by yourself?
"No I just sit by myself, Probably not good for me 'cos I like my own company anyway."

Have you become a bit of a recluse?
"I did worry about that. Me the recluse - me and the dog - both reclused somewhere. Writing. Lots of funny things happen, like the other day I did a TV show and my introduction to begin with was, 'it's been 10 years since he won Pop Idol but it hasn't been all plain sailing - he also gets depression...here's Will Young'. That was my introduction! That's f**king hysterical."

What programme was that on?
"I probably shouldn't say. But I changed it. I don't mind talking about depression even if it is a bit of a down subject. But it's probably not the best intro before I'm singing a song. It was so funny."

You've been talking about gay marriage on TV a lot recently. Is it a subject you feel particularly passionate about?
"I know all about it. God I know all about it! I know all the articles. I know European Law. I'm completely down with it. I didn't think about gay marriage that much but now I'm reading what all these heathens are saying and now I'm actually quite activist about it! Now I'm quite riled about it. If you see me talking about it on television and I have a sweaty top lip or armpits then you know it's going really badly.

You can get botox under your arms to stop that now.
"I tried it. I tried it twice. It doesn't work!"

Will Young's new single 'Losing Myself' is out now. Watch the official music video below:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/intervie...ampaign=twitter

+Quote Post
truly talented
post Mar 19 2012, 04:36 PM
Post #939
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Thanks for the DS interview Sunday.

Good & bad news then. Probably another single dance.gif but a long break to the next album. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Sunday
post Mar 19 2012, 05:19 PM
Post #940
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(truly talented @ Mar 19 2012, 04:36 PM) *
Thanks for the DS interview Sunday.

Good & bad news then. Probably another single dance.gif but a long break to the next album. sad.gif

My heart sank when i read that sad.gif

+Quote Post

115 Pages V  « < 45 46 47 48 49 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:05 AM