BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
12 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Ariana Grande: The Singles Rate Results 2020, full results on page 12!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post Feb 7 2020, 11:22 PM
Post #1
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
The results are IN. Your Ari mods will be bringing them to you beginning this weekend. Post your predictions below!

The contenders:

Put Your Hearts Up
The Way (feat. Mac Miller)
Popular Song (MIKA feat. Ariana Grande)
Baby I
Right There (feat. Big Sean)
Problem (feat. Iggy Azalea)
Break Free (feat. Zedd)
Bang Bang (Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj)
Love Me Harder (Ariana Grande & The Weeknd)
Santa Tell Me
One Last Time
Adore (Cashmere Cat feat. Ariana Grande)
Focus
Boys Like You (Who Is Fancy feat. Meghan Trainor & Ariana Grande)
Dangerous Woman
Into You
Side to Side (feat. Nicki Minaj)
My Favorite Part (Mac Miller feat. Ariana Grande)
Faith (Stevie Wonder feat. Ariana Grande)
Everyday (feat. Future)
Beauty and the Beast (Ariana Grande & John Legend)
Heatstroke (Calvin Harris feat. Young Thug, Pharrell Williams & Ariana Grande)
Quit (Cashmere Cat feat. Ariana Grande)
no tears left to cry
Dance to This (Troye Sivan feat. Ariana Grande)
Bed (Nicki Minaj feat. Ariana Grande)
God is a woman
breathin
thank u, next
7 rings
break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored
Rule the World (2 Chainz feat. Ariana Grande)
MONOPOLY (Ariana Grande & Victoria Monét)
boyfriend (Ariana Grande & Social House)
Don't Call Me Angel (Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus & Lana Del Rey)
Good As Hell (Remix) (Lizzo feat. Ariana Grande)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post Feb 7 2020, 11:24 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
Exciting wub.gif what do we think has finished last? ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post Feb 7 2020, 11:51 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
If it's anything other than 'Focus' this is cancelled tbh xo

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post Feb 8 2020, 12:01 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293
I imagine it will be one of the features like Heatstroke, Boys Like You or Beauty And The Beast.

Hopefully Put Your Hearts Up is the lowest of her solo songs.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Feb 8 2020, 09:46 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
I think Put Your Hearts Up will finish last. Hopefully 'Heatstroke' though puke.gif

This should be interesting. I can't call a clear winner at all! I think any one of 'no tears left to cry' or 'One Last Time' will win, with outside chances for 'Into You', 'Santa Tell Me' & 'Break Free'.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Feb 8 2020, 10:38 PM
Post #6
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
QUOTE(Bré @ Feb 7 2020, 11:51 PM) *
If it's anything other than 'Focus' this is cancelled tbh xo

Focus > problem

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Feb 9 2020, 12:54 AM
Post #7
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
One Last Time will prob win

Bang Bang deserves to be last but got an incredible number of 8s I was seeing as I was rating!

First out...Boys Like You?

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Feb 9 2020, 01:01 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
I hope Put Your Hearts Up ain’t last sad.gif

It could’ve been a decent sized UK hit if she promoted it here (and I can genuinely still picture LM having that song and music video on their debut album and it being huge laugh.gif )

I don’t know about the bottom end of the poll but I think it’s no tears v one last time top 2 and I think the other singles from sweetener will both finish highly as well but perhaps Into You as third?

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: Feb 9 2020, 01:07 AM

+Quote this post
coi
post Feb 9 2020, 01:28 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 73,240
I'd be surprised if there wasn't a top three consisting of NTLTC, One Last Time and Into You in some order, but the rest is a lot harder to predict. I expect Boys Like You and My Favorite Part would be likely contenders for last place.

+Quote this post
Riser
post Feb 9 2020, 02:02 AM
Post #10
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534
'Boys Like You' has got to be last. Fun fact, my aunt's cousin is actually a co-writer on the song but even that's not enough for me to like it laugh.gif

Also, Focus > Problem

+Quote this post
Jade
post Feb 9 2020, 02:15 AM
Post #11
Group icon
Alone and wounded
QUOTE(Riser @ Feb 9 2020, 02:02 AM) *
'Boys Like You' has got to be last. Fun fact, my aunt's cousin is actually a co-writer on the song but even that's not enough for me to like it laugh.gif

Wow this is a very fun fact *.* oops though kink.gif

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Feb 9 2020, 06:27 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454
The results are in! Sorry I'm a little on the drag. (work for understaffed airline and Ciara is outside, unfortunately not the singer.)

(tangent.)

IT'S KICK OFF!! You've chosen the weakest of the pack. It has already been predicted by 'Riser' and yes, it is...

36. 'Boys Like You' // 4.09
Highest: Josh (7), Juliano, SamJudd, Jupiter, Jack and Bré (6) / Lowest: Wall (1), Cqmerqn, Cameron and SevenSeize (2)

Wow, lazy music video! huh.gif

Well this really seemed to come out of no where. I personally didn't really get it that much, nor do I think anybody did. It has quite a nice melody, but definitely NOT what anybody wants for a Ari x M Train collab. sleep.gif

With very little promotion and traction, except that following a performance on 'Dancing With The Stars', this unexpected three-way managed a #26 peak in New Zealand with this track. It went onto be certified Gold, was also a top 50 smash in Poland and managed to chart low top 100 in several countries through out Europe. It failed to reach the Billboard Hot 100, bubbling under at #18.

Us lot gave it a less than mediocre score, with it's highest being one 7 from 'Josh', then the majority of us gave average scores and the lowest score being just a 1 from Wall, obviously not a fan. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post Feb 9 2020, 06:39 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Yay thanks for kicking this off Juliano *.* not the most surprising last placer really (and one I'm not too fussed about as I only gave it a 5) - this went totally under the radar at the time (not cracking the top 100 says it all), which doesn't feel like it should've been the case in 2015 with an Ariana and Meghan feature! As Meghan was still scoring hits at the time as well. The song is decently boppy but falls a little flat on the whole really and I find that Ariana totally outshines the others. I thought that this was the case even more when it came to the Dancing With The Stars performance, she nailed her part:

(oops we don't stan potato quality)

+Quote this post
Jade
post Feb 10 2020, 06:29 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Alone and wounded

35. 'Rule The World' // 4.71
Highest: Jade + Jupiter (8), Bré + Nick F1 (7) / Lowest: Cameron, George.keh + Jack (2), Jay (2.5)

Next is a song so quickly forgotten that it wasn't named by a single person as a possible last-place contender ohmy.gif it has avoided the wooden spoon of course, but it wasn't a million miles off, with another lowly sub-5 average. Most of the top comments on the 'Rule The World' music video are Ariana stan accounts pointing out that it feels forgotten already too. Oops. Unlike last-placer 'Boys Like You', 'Rule The World' did at least manage to dent the Billboard Hot 100 - as it has a #94 peak. This 2 Chainz and Ariana collaboration is taken from his fifth studio album 'Rap or Go to the League' and was released as a single in 2019. Ari really was a busy lady last year! This wasn't the first time that the pair collaborated, as 2 Chainz jumped on a remix of '7 rings' for Ariana too. The story of how the two ended up collaborating was actually due to beef! 2 Chainz pointed out that '7 rings' sounded like his song 'Spend It' and that the music video for it ripped off the aesthetics of his 'Pretty Girls Like Trap Music' era. The two met up in person to settle the dispute and it went really well, so that's how their team-ups were born. 2 Chainz, Piers Morgan... Ari queen of winning over her doubters after meeting in person. 'Rule The World' uses the formula of rap verses and a female singer jumping on the chorus. Ariana's part of the song is smooth and melodic, she feels right at home here with her signature R&B style. The twinkly production, that samples Amerie's 'Why Don't We Fall In Love', enhances the R&B flavour of the song further. Themes of both love and a lavish lifestyle are present on 'Rule The World'. The simple accompanying video shows both 2 Chainz and Ariana at a luxurious 1920s club. Ariana looks pretty glamorous with her feathery jacket and several pieces of jewellery. She is shown singing her parts with a band - her taking control of the microphone on its stand feels pleasingly old school. Ariana may have realised that she can rule the world but unfortunately this collaboration has not even come close to ruling this rate!

~~~

I must admit that 2 Chainz drags this down for me, so I couldn't give it more than an 8, but I do really like Ariana's chorus! Silky smooth ~

+Quote this post
Brer
post Feb 10 2020, 06:45 PM
Post #15
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
These songs are not worse than 'Focus' cmon people xox (lol at me being one of the highest scorers for both even though my scores for them weren't even that high).

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Feb 10 2020, 07:11 PM
Post #16
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
FOCUS is a bop.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Feb 12 2020, 04:30 PM
Post #17
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

34 4.76 Beauty and the Beast (Ariana Grande & John Legend)
Highest: Jonjo (8) / Lowest: danG (0)

Ariana teamed up with CHART SAVIOUR John Legend for a cover of the classic soundtrack single Beauty and the Beast, for the 2017 Disney live-action remake starring Emma Watson. It was released in February 2017 as the Dangerous Woman era was winding down, with the music video arriving a few weeks later. It didn't make much of a splash on global charts, reaching #52 in the UK and #87 in the US, but it did decently for a cute soundtrack release! It's actually certified silver in the UK too so a strong result. It's no Ariana essential track for me so I'm pleased it's quite low, but it's by no means terrible! You all agreed, its average indicating that you guys generally find it, well, average. Jonjo's a particular fan though, giving it an 8/10!

+Quote this post
Jade
post Feb 12 2020, 04:41 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Alone and wounded
'Beauty and the Beast' is a decent cover, both of them have definitely been involved with worse, but yeah it's inessential in her discography as you say.

'Heatstroke' avoiding the bottom 3 ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
danG
post Feb 12 2020, 04:43 PM
Post #19
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
Chart Killer should've secured its last place here but I'll take 3rd from last ahead of two songs I also don't care for.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Feb 12 2020, 08:25 PM
Post #20
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

33 4.90 Faith (Stevie Wonder feat. Ariana Grande)
Highest: LMLou (8) / Lowest: Wall (0)

Flashback to late 2016 where the movie 'Sing' was released and big stars were testing out their vocals skills... Cue Ariana and he platinum blonde hair and white retro shades. The song is a duet with superstar singer and songwriter Stevie Wonder that is infused with Jazz. It is cute, but a bit of a non-event as many of you seem to have agreed.

+Quote this post

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:26 AM