BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Aelandor National Thread, BJSC 159 ~ Nanashi Mumei - Mumei
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jacob-
post 30th August 2018, 01:40 PM
Post #161
Group icon
Jacob Alan~
User: 21,664

Ikr, you voted. How did this happen? BJSC full of botches that aren't uuu? ohmy.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 11th October 2018, 11:49 PM
Post #162
Group icon
Jacob Alan~

Feint - Outbreak - (Feat. MYLK)

We're back with ohmy.gif a DANCE track!!!!!11!! This starts off with acoustic guitar beautifully worked into the production and builds into a full on electronic banger with the guitar reoccurring in verses, intro and outro. Not much else to say really in terms of background because this is a very recent discovery for me other than I have huge respect for the level of work that went into the production for this, actually astonishing tbh. Vocals work really well for me too.

Found this because at the moment I'm playing a lot of Rocket League (maybe too much oops x) and the game menu has a few compilation albums that play in the game menu, the songs/ tracks were (irrc all) made for those game compilation albums, mostly with an electronic sort of feel good theme. Been absolutely obsessed with this for the past few days and it's holding up so cheer.gif .

Hope you all like it. x

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 25th November 2018, 01:41 PM
Post #163
Group icon
Jacob Alan~

The Midnight - Gloria

I've adored The Midnight for months (if not a year now?). Honestly I could've entered Los Angeles, Days Of Thunder, Crystalline, Lightyears, Sunset, Lost Boy, Kids (their new EP is amazing), and to be honest I WISH I COULD. All I can do is say if you like this PLEASE go listen to at least all those ones I listed (and become a lifelong fan x), the choice of spectacular songs for me was fairly endless. Gloria is that one that I've played on repeat during early mornings or late nights at work, while driving, at home playing guitar/ sax along with, I just CAN NOT get enough of this 80s sound with reverby sax and guitar (more guitar in this one). I hesitated on The Midnight so much because of their past BJSC success but that was ages ago and I feel like lots of people will be making a genuine new discovery and the more people I can get into my favourite band of 2018 the better. Plus I've seen much cheaper entries. x

+Quote this post
Brer
post 5th December 2018, 01:33 AM
Post #164
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

I'm pretty sure I had heard this one before the contest but thank you very much for sending it so I was forced to pay more attention to it, what a song (to cap off a year of mostly fantastic entries from you)! Wish it had won so you got a win before Iz but ah well xx

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 9th February 2019, 11:41 PM
Post #165
Group icon
Jacob Alan~

^Thanks so much btw Bré, good to remember the recent successes haha.

Let's retrospectively do this:

The Soft Moon - Burn

Banging industrial track here, really is the kind of stuff I'm increasingly listening to more and more, I love the increasing intensity on this, the fuzzy distortion, the "heavy" synths. It has a really dark feel and I love the angry yet sort of reserved/ smooth vocal in this too. Fantastic track and I'm glad Bré (if no one else) really appreciated this too. x

---

Got to be honest I was a bit salty about my DNQ- well maybe salty is the wrong word, more like it made me really apathetic towards the contest. I really loved my track, thought it'd at least Q and the fact it could've been an AQ didn't help my bitterness. x

In fact I almost didn't vote, wasn't a huge fan of my semi overall (of course there were some bangers but still) and not been into BJSC as much as I used to be recently so I didn't even care about the potential of a month ban. Fortunately because the voting window was pretty long I just got in the mood for listening one evening and voted, found some great tracks so was probably worth it aha. Think I will enter next month but it's almost definitely going to be a IDGAF entry. Probably an obscenely long #longsongbloc or something.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 20th February 2019, 12:49 AM
Post #166
Group icon

This was the second time that I would probably have given you 2 18s in a row only for the second one to DNQ, I know you were banking on this being an AQ and thinking it was a risky entry etc. but I'm really baffled as to how I was literally the only person who gave it high points, sounded like the sort of thing that would normally hit a certain niche and get a few medal positions? sad.gif Thanks for another great discovery anyway ~

It'd really be a shame to see Aelandor pulling out as your entries have really become ones I look forward to a lot every month so I hope you can get back into it.

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 23rd February 2019, 01:46 AM
Post #167
Group icon
Jacob Alan~

QUOTE(Bré @ Feb 20 2019, 12:49 AM) *
This was the second time that I would probably have given you 2 18s in a row only for the second one to DNQ, I know you were banking on this being an AQ and thinking it was a risky entry etc. but I'm really baffled as to how I was literally the only person who gave it high points, sounded like the sort of thing that would normally hit a certain niche and get a few medal positions? sad.gif Thanks for another great discovery anyway ~

It'd really be a shame to see Aelandor pulling out as your entries have really become ones I look forward to a lot every month so I hope you can get back into it.
Omg rip 2 18s *.* - still thanku. Yeah I actually thought it'd still probably Q anyway, knew it wouldn't be for everyone but definitely thought I'd pick up a few more points, was unpleasantly surprised to see it so low down on the spreadsheet. sad.gif

Ah I wouldn't worry I'm back in this month which gives me plenty of time to get back into the contest for the foreseeable future, plus I've entered every one since 84 now so it's be a shame to kill that record. Hopefully I'll be keeping the quality up too, glad you've been enjoying my entries so much! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 20th March 2019, 05:37 PM
Post #168
Group icon
Jacob Alan~

QUOTE(Jacobites @ Oct 19 2017, 09:20 PM) *

Honestly I'm really stuck, so any pointers are appreciated!

BT - Skylarking

Finally entered it (the full 10 minutes though because better xx) and still got 25th despite my voting deduction- I honestly was planning to vote on the weekend and only realised I'd forgotten 1am on the Monday morning rip. Still I think it might've been about 15th without it? So it could've been worse, still a midtable-ish position so not going to dwell on that too much- most important thing is lots of people liked it so thanks so much for all the votes! Like my voting this is #late but the production and progression in this track is truly incredible, it was used as an example by one of my lecturers on how to use automation with effects to provide change to an otherwise repeating phrase. There's so much packed into this song especially at around the 5 minute mark which keeps it building beautifully despite (or not even despite- using) a repeating melody making the 6 minute hit an incredible listening experience.

Hyped for next contest, got a song I'm absolutely in love with right now that I think y'all will be getting behind perhaps maybe. ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post 20th March 2019, 06:52 PM
Post #169
Group icon

Would have been 12th without the deduction!

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 20th March 2019, 08:51 PM
Post #170
Group icon
Jacob Alan~

QUOTE(Bré @ Mar 20 2019, 06:52 PM) *
Would have been 12th without the deduction!
Don't make me cry.

All this means is my actual result is 12th. xxx

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 31st March 2019, 08:22 PM
Post #171
Group icon
Jacob Alan~

Savoir Adore - Savages

As quite often it seems I was so so torn between 2 songs by an artist (the other in this case being "When The Summer Ends"- hope I don't regret it I honestly wasn't sure which one people would like more, I adore both). Savages however is an amazing punchy indie/ rock/ pop song which really got me with its really cool synth line and the great start/ stop timing. Also the male/ female vocals together are lush, giving me OMAM vibes. I discovered Savoir Adore because they were support for The Midnight when I saw them live a few weeks ago and they were really good, Savages went OFF live so I hope you all enjoy too and this isn't just me on a mini hype train (it's held up well for me for the past few weeks soo that was enough for me to want to enter x).

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 25th July 2019, 02:17 PM
Post #172
Group icon
Jacob Alan~

Pagan Fury // A Toast To You

Purely heard this song through playing Crusader Kings II, an historical roleplaying game based around the medieval feudal system predominantly. It features counties, duchies, kingdoms and empires and your character can rise through those ranks, acquiring titles, armies and lands- the aim is to continue your dynasty no matter what and you "become" the next heir of your dynasty, usually a child but it could be a sibling, uncle, cousin or so on. The lyrics are somewhat based on that, as this song was made in collaboration with Paradox for the game. You can be a man or woman (I like subverting things and becoming a powerful Queen every now and again). There's a tonne of other things you can do in this game, but I'd be here for ages- anyway, I only really mention all this to give the song a bit of background. The theme is very much medieval celtic/ norse/ slav/ folky with some lovely rock thrown in, this is a very Séyetana type entry for me so expecting lots of points from them hoping it attracts similar appeal to them when they do this kind of thing. Great vocals, great feel to the song, hope you all enjoy! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 1st October 2019, 09:33 PM
Post #173
Group icon
Jacob Alan~

DESERT STAR // Carissa

One of my favourite discoveries for a while, I found this one Rocket League in the menu! Amazing game. Second time I've done this for BJSC, the previous one being "Outbreak" by Feint. They have often have Monstercat playlists going and there are some real gems in there. I love love love this track, the production is incredible, I particularly love the final breakdown and whatever the vocal processing is on those vocals, I really like that style of 80s sounding vocal mixing. Anyway, absolute banger, only drawback is it's under 3 minutes! I usually have to listen to it 2 or 3 times in a row at least every time I put it on because it's that addictive. As for BJSC, this came 20th which is my highest position for a few months- really appreciated all the 18s and all the love! wub.gif

Just playing catch up here oops. ohmy.gif

Masego // Navajo

Okay so I'm going to be 100% honest, this was a placeholder in confirmations at first - mostly because I'd only given it a few listens myself since it was a super recent discovery but I just didn't find anything else I wanted to enter so I left it. THAT SAID I really enjoyed the vocal mixing on this (SO crystal clear) along with that R&B sort of chilled electronic feel, reminded me a teeny bit of Gramatik, Koop and to an extent the electro-swing scene - only so far as modern music using retro kind of bluesy or jazzy sounds in modern production but I really love that kind of thing! Anyway I enjoyed this which is why I put it up for entry but sadly DNQed but nowhere near last!

Next month I'm probably going to be entering something I considered way back in 2016 but never got around to, so #earlyAelandor comeback. Probably means it's doomed (see my first 6 entries DNQing rip) BUT I've got no streak to maintain and it's a proper pop rock banger so ALL THE LOVE please. xxx

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 1st October 2019, 09:46 PM
Post #174
Group icon
Jacob Alan~

Want to get back on top of these update posts, after an insanely busy uni 3rd year which as caused me to MISS BJSC 114 (uni finals were the only thing that was going to kill my streak rip) I got a bit lax.

Also #drama I LOST all the data in my OP (so, all my entry stats) when I was editing the flag image due to Tinypic's death. Somehow after I hit complete edit all the info just WENT and I was left with a blank post. I spent a couple hours trying to recover through the cache but eventually after that failed I just google searched with quotes of what I remembered being in the OP and just copied from google preview descriptions it displays below the link, using the text in there for more searches, revealing more text. I managed to get pretty much all of it back and filled in the blanks, then reformatted the colours etc. All good now and I've backed it up on notepad this time. x

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 27th March 2020, 02:48 AM
Post #175
Group icon
Jacob Alan~

QUOTE(RobBot @ Mar 26 2020, 09:54 PM) *

Song: Desperado Vespa
Artist: LOOK MUM NO COMPUTER

With quite possibly my favourite artist name of this contest, Aelandor enter with this East Anglia electronic producer with the equally interestingly titled 'Desperado Vespa'! We seem to have quite a lot of electronic leaning tracks in this contest, but will LOOK MUM NO COMPUTER be able to jump above the rest of the pack?
Thanks Rob for making this easy x

Not sure about catching up on everything I missed (details will all still be in the opening post) but UPDATE POST ARE BACK. xx
QUOTE(Jacob :O @ Mar 27 2020, 02:35 AM) *
I'm pretty sure he got the name because he mostly uses analogue synths, hence no computer. ohmy.gif

Live version here, found it first. Was very tempted to enter just because of how damn cool it is but there are obvs advantages to the studio version.
Going to use this as well.

Basically, my friend sent me this live video, absolutely adored the aesthetic and HOW THE HELL IS HE DOING ALL THIS LIVE???

I followed the link for the Apple Music/ Spotify studio version in the description and loved the studio version even more (for the sound x), which is why I entered that, though I seriously considered entering the live version just so everyone could see this. High recommend checking this out anyway.

It's that gritty analogue electronic sound, a bit NIN - very my thing. Hope you all enjoy. x

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 28th March 2021, 10:14 PM
Post #176
Group icon
Jacob Alan~

QUOTE(Jacob Alan @ May 17 2016, 12:28 AM) *
Aelandor

List Of Entries:

Main Contest:

BJSC 84 // "Into Your Veins" - Five Iron Frenzy - (DNQ // 24th of 30 in Semi 1)
BJSC 85 // "Nostalgia" - Said The Sky (Feat. Missio) - (DNQ // 28th of 30 in Semi 2)
BJSC 86 // "Above The Clouds Of Pompeii" - Bear's Den (DNQ // 21st of 30 in Semi 2)
BJSC 87 // "Man On The Street" - Imperial Leisure (DNQ // 25th of 34 in Semi 1)
BJSC 88 // "Cat" - Relient K (DNQ // 28th of 34 in Semi 2)
BJSC 89 // "Pass Out" - Sœur (Q // 37th of 42 in Final // 12th of 33 in Semi 1)
BJSC 90 // "Unbreakable" - Fireflight (DNQ // 24th of 34 in Semi 2)

BJSC 91 // "No One Really Wins" - Copeland (Q // 40th of 41 in Final // 19th of 31 in Semi 1)
BJSC 92 // "Loves The Jobs You Hate" - HONNE (DNQ // 22nd of 32 in Semi 1)
BJSC 93 // "Dear Adelaide" - Breanne Düren (Q // 36th of 41 in Final // 12th of 30 in Semi 1)
BJSC 94 // "Up Ship!" - Port Blue (Q // 34th of 41 in Final // 20th* of 33 in Semi 2)
BJSC 95 // "Tides" - Nu:Tone (Feat. Lea Lea) (Q// 37th of 41 in Final // 4th of 33 in Semi 2)
BJSC 96 // "Giants" - Lights (Q // 5th of 42 in Final // 4th of 33 in Semi 2)
BJSC 97 // "Old Man" - Billy Lockett (Q // 20th of 42 in Final // 10th of 31 in Semi 2)
BJSC 98 // "Down The Road" - C2C (Q // 30th of 42 in Final // 14th of 36 in Semi
BJSC 99 // "Slow Days" - Sœur (DNQ// 21st of 34 in Semi 2)
BJSC 100 // "Headlights" - Meadowlark (DNQ // 27th of 43 in Semi 1)

*Due to a clerical error, Port Blue "should" have been 21st in the semi final and a DNQ in BJSC 94.

BJSC 101 // "Welcome Oblivion" - How To Destroy Angels (Q // 34th of 37 in Final //
BJSC 102 // "Girl" - Timecop1983 (Feat. Seawaves) - (Q // 24th of 37 in Final // 15th of 29 in Semi 2)
BJSC 103 // "Esperanza" - Moriaty (DNQ // 30th of 30 in Semi 2)
BJSC 104 // "Looped" - Kiasmos (Q // 11th of 37 in Final // 8th of 28th in Semi 1)
BJSC 105 // "But Blood" - Hockeysmith (DNQ // 24th of 29 in Semi 1)
BJSC 106 // "Enough" - SONOIO (Q // 22nd of 37 in Final // 3rd of 28 in Semi 1)
BJSC 107 // "The Enemy" - Mat Zo (Feat. Sinéad) (Q // 38th of 42 in Final // 7th of 31 in Semi 1)
BJSC 108 // "PTL" - Relient K (DNQ // 23rd of 29 in Semi 2)
BJSC 109 // "Outbreak" - Feint (Feat. MYLK) (Q // 35th of 39 in Final // 14th of 28 in Semi 2)
BJSC 110 // "Gloria" - The Midnight (Q // 2nd of 38 in Final // 1st of 28 in Semi 2) PEAK

BJSC 111 // "Burn" - The Soft Moon (DNQ // 27th of 29 in Semi 1)
BJSC 112 // "Skylarking" - BT (Q // 25th [12th without 15% deduction] of 38 in Final // 6th of 28 in Semi 2)
BJSC 113 // "Savages" - Savoir Adore (DNQ // 21st of 30 in Semi 1)
BJSC 114 // [NO ENTRY]
BJSC 115 // "Warm Water (Snakehips Remix)" - BANKS (Q // 35th of 42 in Final // 12th of 30 in Semi 1)
BJSC 116 // "A Toast To You" - Pagan Fury (DNQ // 29th of 29 in Semi 1)
BJSC 117 // "Carissa" - DESERT STAR (Q // 20th of 38 in Final // 13th of 29 in Semi 2)
BJSC 118 // "Navajo" - Masego (DNQ // 25th of 30 in Semi 2)
BJSC 119 // "Embers and Envelopes" - Mae (DNQ // 25th of 28 in Semi 1)
BJSC 120 // "Just A Little" - Violet Days (DNQ // 24th of 26 in Semi 1)

BJSC 121 // "Blueless Bird" - Joni (DNQ // 20th of 26 in Semi 1)
BJSC 122 // "Bats In The Attic (Unravelled)" - King Creosote & Jon Hopkins (Q // 30th of 39 in Final // 15th of 29 in Semi 1)
BJSC 123 // "Desperado Vespa" - LOOK MUM NO COMPUTER (Q // 29th of 41 in Final // 13th of 30 in Semi 1)
BJSC 124 // "Stiff Kittens" - Blaqk Audio (Q // 33rd of 42 in Final // 14th of 33 in Semi X)
BJSC 125 // "Hop On Hop Off" - Goodluck (Q // 41st of 42 in Final // 20th of 30 in Semi 1)
BJSC 126 // "Bless My Heart" - Cady Groves (DNQ // 23rd of 31 in Semi 1)
BJSC 127 // "Beyond You" - Thomas James White (Q // 42nd of 42 in Final // 14th of 30 in Semi X)
BJSC 128 // "Rise Up" - Jared Halley (DNQ // 28th of 31 in Semi 1)
BJSC 129 // "14.3 Billion Years" - Andrew Prahlow (DNQ // 23rd of 33 in Semi 1)
BJSC 130 // "Kyra (The Midnight Remix)" - Clubhouse (Q // 16th of 41 in Final // 15th of 31 in Semi 1)

BJSC 131 // "Turn To Static" Run Into The Night (DNQ // 30th of 31 in Semi 2)
BJSC 132 // "Alive" - Phil Lober (Q // 19th of 41 in Final // 4th of 30 in Semi 1)
BJSC 133 // Cry Of Peace (feat. IIINO and Luciana Zogbi) / Forever (feat. IIINO and Asja Kadric) - Florian Bur (Q // 29th of 42 in Final // 13th of 34 in Semi 1)
BJSC 134 // TBA

Spin Offs:

Reinvention: "Story Of My Life" - Patty Walters (32nd of 38)
Instrumentals: "Illusion Of Choice" - Gramatik (10th of 41)
Masquerade: Aelandor masquerading as Cor Lupus: "Molecules" - Atlas Genius (21st of 43) // Pupok masquerading as Aelandor: "Middle Fingers" - Missio (14th of 43)
80s: "Like Flames" - Berlin (3rd of 38) PEAK
Japan vs. South Korea: "Re:Re:" - Asian Kung-Fu Generation (14th of 26)
Worldvision // "Ne Unește Ne Desparte" - Alternosfera (Moldova) (28th of 40) 90s vs 00s // "Tiny
90s vs 00s // "Tiny Vessels" - Death Cab For Cutie (20th of 38)
Reinvention II // "All Along The Watchtower" - Bear McCreary (22nd of 33)
Masquerade II // Aelandor masquerading as Hushkanukia: "All Or Nothing" - Anavae (36th of 39) // Jadakissnia masquerading as Aelandor: "Delta" - C2C (11th of 39)

Buzzjack Festivalen

"Sadie Hawkins Dance" - Relient K //

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I hadn't updated this since BJSC 123, almost exactly a year ago too.

I've sorted out all of those stats, TRAWLING through the past 10 BJSCs to make sure I got all my final and semi results. It's good to remind myself of all my entries, stats are interesting too! ohmy.gif

Anyways...

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 28th March 2021, 10:16 PM
Post #177
Group icon
Jacob Alan~

50th ANNIVERSARY ENTRY

I can hardly believe I've been in BJSC for this long but... we're here. I will be taking advantage of my 50th but it won't be bending the rules too much cause I don't like the idea of that, it's something that I think would be perhaps borderline normally. It will be a "recycled" artist however, one I think is significant to both myself personally and "Aelandor" as a BJSC nation. I will also try to keep using this thread now I've revived it. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 20th October 2021, 10:02 PM
Post #178
Group icon
Jacob Alan~

Pretend I never stopped doing this.

And One // Military Fashion Show

An industrial German (admittedly English lyrics on this one) synthpop banger for you all. Have fun with the bouncy synths and 'camp' feel. laugh.gif

Known this one for a couple of years but never thought to send it, loved it on first listen though. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 20th October 2021, 10:05 PM
Post #179
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

Ha!. I've been going back and forth with sending And One for the last 4 years so it's cool to see them actually sent by someone! This is great though as is 'Panzermensch' which is the first one I came across by them. Fingers crossed you can qualify.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 20th October 2021, 10:12 PM
Post #180
Group icon

The 'Funkytown' realness of the breakdown!

(that is a good thing I promise)

+Quote this post

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 01:16 AM