BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gaga calls out label bosses for "controlling" her voice
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
k👠th
post Sep 8 2014, 07:53 PM
Post #1
baddest of them all
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 6,764

Pop star Lady Gaga has hit out at recording studio bosses for using voice-adjusting software on her music, insisting she often sounds like a "robot" on her albums.

The Poker Face hitmaker has accused officials at her record label of trying to "control" her early career and blames them for demanding that her singing should be made to sound more "radio- friendly".

She alleges studio staff were ordered to increase the use of pitch-tuning software to correct any imperfect singing during the early days of her career, which left her vocals sounding unnatural.

Gaga tells British magazine Seven, "There's been a part of me that has been quiet for a long time that is now being reawakened, after years of producers and record label people telling me to make my voice sound more radio-friendly. They take the vibrato out so you sound like a robot... They really control you, especially in the beginning. Although it was still my songs, and I still had a lot to say about the production, the vocal was something that they really, really wanted to control. So my vocal presence has been kind of the smallest presence about me for a long time."

Source

Thoughts? ohmy.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jark
post Sep 8 2014, 08:17 PM
Post #2
something you consider rare
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,990

She was singing RedOne electropop ffs. Vocal production is a thing that happens to every pop song. I'm hoping she was misquoted here because she sounds like a whiny bitch.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Sep 8 2014, 08:25 PM
Post #3
Bitch of t seet
Group: Members
Member No.: 16,660

I'm confused. Didn't she claim to have control or something?

+Quote Post
k👠th
post Sep 9 2014, 06:20 AM
Post #4
baddest of them all
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 6,764

She's speaking in reference to Cheek to Cheek tho, the quote was taken from Seven Magazine who did a cover story on Cheek to Cheek. So she's basically comparing CTC + new management with what she had previously.

Vocal effects are flawless when used correctly and are one the main reasons behind her smash hits. People know she is talented- even her haters, so she needs to stop trying to prove it all the time. I think she's very insecure about it, especially after ARTPOP and you always read and hear praise about Gaga's live voice after she does an acoustic performance or something like the singing monologue on SNL. People will say they had "no idea" she could sing like that. This has been happening for years. But as stunning as Gaga's live performances are, I don't think the vocals from many of them would translate well to studio, where the microphone is an inch away and it could overpower the listener in a negative way.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:57 AM