BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Bill, In cinemas now
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post 28th September 2015, 04:04 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Basically the cast of Horrible Histories (and Damian Lewis and Helen McCrory) present the fictional early years of William Shakespeare's life.

Pretty fun film, some of the jokes fell a little but flat but there were a fair few funny adult jokes in their too, good job as well because their were loads of just adult couples going to watch this in the cinema yesterday laugh.gif Glad Baynton got the main character too, always been my favourite of the HH cast (Jim Howick too so yay at him being in it a lot as well). Overall a fun film but kind of felt a bit too cheap to be on the big screen as it clearly lacked the big Hollywood budget that the other films do, I wouldn't really bother paying a full price ticket for this but go watch it for sure if you have some spare time and are a fan of Horrible Histories biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Josh.: 28th September 2015, 04:24 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 29th September 2015, 08:28 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

It was good-natured, amiable, well-written but the odd style got a bit wearying after a while, cos, no matter how amusing bits of it might be, other bits fell flat and there's still the over-riding problem of lack of involvement in the caricatures - not really in-depth characters (not meant to be) so not really fussed about what happens to them, you just appreciate individual multiple performances by the cast. I liked King Phil of Spin myself.... laugh.gif

5/10
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 01:10 PM