BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Borg vs. McEnroe, Stellan Skarsgård, Shia LaBeouf
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Sep 20 2017, 05:14 PM
Post #1
c:
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,692

Out this Friday! Might try and catch it but will probably give it a miss as I have to unpack my new room etc.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Sep 25 2017, 07:55 PM
Post #2
c:
Member No.: 20,692

Wasn't that keen on watching this but I was pretty shocked by how much I ended up enjoying it. I didn't really know much about their rivalry or tennis in these times so I found the whole character drama aspect side of it pretty interesting and then the final Wimbledon final act was really tense for me because I had no idea how it was going to end. The ending was really heartwarming too finding out that they went on to be such good friends in their later life.

Both actors did a good job too. I've always liked Shia LaBeouf and he was definitely my highlight in this because McEnroe seemed to be such a fun character in real life. I couldn't believe how much Sverrir Gudnason looked like Borg in real life too once I saw the real pictures at the end ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Oct 1 2017, 05:13 PM
Post #3
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

I think the director have done this very well based on the rivalry and that classic 1980 Wimbledon final. Shia plays John McEnroe very well. And also Gudnason who plays Borg.

+Quote Post
Asmodeus
post Oct 1 2017, 06:30 PM
Post #4
Sad Boi
Member No.: 34,755
   No Gallery Pics

Added to the watchlist. I was born in 87 so don't know much about the rivalry but I enjoy tennis and it's always nice seeing Shai in a movie when he's not making a fool of himself in public biggrin.gif .

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:03 AM