BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Only The Young • Miss Americana Documentary, 31st January
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Bjork
post Feb 3 2020, 12:32 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665
Only the Young is a grower especially after watching the doc and the creative process behind the song
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post Nov 23 2022, 10:03 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,059
Not really a big Taylor fan but watched the documentary out of boredom last night.

I mean I’ll give her credit she is definitely a credible artist and works her arse off and puts 100% into everything but as a person I thought she actually came across as very boring. I guess I know all pop stars and celebrities are self obsessed and this was a documentary about her life so it’s maybe not a fair criticism but I just felt she seemed like she only ever spoke about herself and was incapable of showing any interest in what anyone else was saying unless it was specifically about her. laugh.gif

She did speak out so many times about how she constantly needed applause and validation so I wonder if that stems from her Mum who tried to encourage a round of applause because Taylor said Lover was 16-20 songs long. Lol.

Also she came across a TINY bit cold during that shot of her leaving a building and not really stopping for any of the hundreds of fans gathered for her. Again, not a real criticism as she’s always amazing with fans but I think that little scene plus a few other things (telling the producer to stop playing the piano kinda abruptly) weren’t the most flattering.

And finally her saying she thought everyone was booing HER at the VMA’s in 2009? When everyone was cheering until Kanye made his statement? Come on.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post Nov 23 2022, 04:51 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030
i agree to an extent... i remember seeing the Speak Now tour in 2010 and she seeemed visibly shocked that people were cheering - which was really odd as it was a sold out show and not the first one? It came off a little fake or she needed that validation

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:43 AM