BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
21 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Tory fibs and fabrishications thread, Mk III, Ready for Rishi Rich
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Iz 🌟
post Oct 24 2022, 01:06 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

alright let's go. Sunak 1000-year reich (pending election date sometime within the next 3 years)

chronicle the further decline of the government here under the auspices of Britain's first Prime Minister of Asian descent.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Oct 24 2022, 02:49 PM
Post #2
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
From the last thread:

QUOTE(J00prstar @ Oct 24 2022, 12:14 PM) *
I think PM Sunak will be the thing that sinks the Tories come the next election.

I simply can't see their old white base of racists voting for a brown dude

If they're anything like this idiot, you could be on to something x

-x-

I think Sunak will be good for the short term for the rest of us at least, he's at least experienced with the economy, has done some things worthy of praise the last few years and isn't as populist as Tories go. If he actually manages to unite his party, it could be a worry as he is a good speaker and the papers will be behind him (and will probably use him for 'woke points' or whatever). Starmer won't have to just exist to convince the public there's a better alternative. But he's got a mountain to climb, he won't please the right of his party and was not the member's first choice, so here's hoping for a steady path to them being out of power!

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Oct 24 2022, 03:00 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
Looks like Penny Mordaunt will have to wait until November to be Prime Minister.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Oct 24 2022, 03:05 PM
Post #4
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
The irony is delicious that arch Brexiteers were against 1) immigrants and their descendants 2) non white people, especially of south Asian ethnicity and 3) unelected bureaucrats, and so voted for Boris and the Tories to remove the influence of all of those things from their lives...

and their vote for Boris is directly what has enabled Rishi Sunak to become the Prime Minister of the country without being elected into that position by the public.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Oct 24 2022, 03:14 PM
Post #5
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
Let’s wait and see the next moves. I think shorter term his appointments will stabilise the markets, will be interesting to see if he tries to renegotiate any of the Brexit deals which are the root cause of the serve economic pain.

Will be interesting to see what leaks come next and how he can unify the Party. I think the devil of the detail will be in the polls- if the polls increase then the infighting will cease, but if they don’t then it’s going to get messy. I’m not sure pissing off the Tory membership is that big of a deal in the longer term.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Oct 24 2022, 03:16 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
QUOTE(Silence of the Wombats @ Oct 24 2022, 03:49 PM) *
From the last thread:
If they're anything like this idiot, you could be on to something x

-x-

I think Sunak will be good for the short term for the rest of us at least, he's at least experienced with the economy, has done some things worthy of praise the last few years and isn't as populist as Tories go. If he actually manages to unite his party, it could be a worry as he is a good speaker and the papers will be behind him (and will probably use him for 'woke points' or whatever). Starmer won't have to just exist to convince the public there's a better alternative. But he's got a mountain to climb, he won't please the right of his party and was not the member's first choice, so here's hoping for a steady path to them being out of power!

God that video was sickening to watch, what an absolute bell end, how exactly did she "twist" his words what a load of bullshit, racist ignorant turd!

I do think alongside, sadly, the racism of many older Tories Sunak's wealth will work against him. The whole tax thing as mentioned in the video is quite a big thing for many voters especially since he is so obscenely rich. Funny thing is they all do it, he just got dragged by the media for it (as he should tbf, but then so should all the others).

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post Oct 24 2022, 03:28 PM
Post #7
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561
There's a lot of classic racist tropes and language coming from the purported supporters of Boris Johnson, pretty appalling really but not all that surprising IMO. Perhaps these disaffected supporters will end up filtering back to the far-right fringe political parties now.

I'm not a huge fan of Rishi Sunak tbh- he's to the right of Boris Johnson economically and will be more than happy to bring in cuts to public spending, but like Rooney says he's more likely to calm markets and hopefully not making the cost-of-living crisis any worse than it already is ( even tho he is a supporter of Brexit, which some on the right of the Conservative Party seem to forget for some reason ). He'll be a bit more of a challenge to the Labour Party than his predecessor in a forthcoming GE merely because of the very low bar that she set, but he has weaknesses and attack lines that can be deployed.

In terms of uniting the party, the Tories will do whatever is in their interest and so I think, for a time at least, they will unite. That may change, and it won't be solid unity throughout the remainder of this Parliamentary term.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post Oct 24 2022, 03:34 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471
It's utterly wild to think Sunak lost a leadership election just weeks ago and yet is PM anyway.

This post has been edited by blacksquare: Oct 24 2022, 03:39 PM

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Oct 24 2022, 03:35 PM
Post #9
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
Oh, the party will certainly unite, but they'll have a hell of a job convincing the racists among their voter base that a non white guy winning the leadership ISN'T proof that the party has fallen by the wayside and no longer deserves their support. Liberal elites, the swamp, wokeism etc.

I also suspect Farage will take a step back into politics in the next few weeks.

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post Oct 24 2022, 03:47 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Fun fact: At 42y 165d, Rishi Sunak is also the youngest PM since Robert Jenkinson, 2nd Earl of Liverpool in 1812 (who was 42 years 1 day old), and the first to be born in the 1980s.

Robert Jenkinson replaced Spencer Perceval, the only serving UK PM to be assassinated in post.

At 5:15 pm, on the evening of 11 May 1812, Perceval was on his way to attend the inquiry into the Orders in Council. As he entered the lobby of the House of Commons, a man stepped forward, drew a pistol and shot him in the chest. Perceval fell to the floor, after uttering something that was variously heard as "murder" and "oh my God"

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Oct 24 2022, 03:51 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
Before anything else, he really is a rich person, this is the richest man in Parliament now in the driver's seat. I'd say he gets points for being a 'diverse' PM but that's not going to hold up beyond much scrutiny as if there ever were a PM to make people realise that skin colour is a surface-level implementation of diversity when class and background aren't taken into account, this is it. Clips are out there about his disdain for the poor, he's had the shine come off him earlier this year, he's not getting the Tory voting coalition back, though he might stop some of the Blue Wall from falling.

I didn't want him in the PM seat because he'll be the new way that the Tories legitimise austerity and the Thatcherism/Cameronite worldview far more than Truss' ineptitude would have, but it turns out she was just TOO crap and couldn't even stay in the seat for long enough. Probably a reasonable (by Tory standards) hang-on administration.

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post Oct 24 2022, 04:09 PM
Post #12
Group icon
QUOTE(Iz Truss @ Oct 24 2022, 04:51 PM) *
Before anything else, he really is a rich person, this is the richest man in Parliament now in the driver's seat. I'd say he gets points for being a 'diverse' PM but that's not going to hold up beyond much scrutiny as if there ever were a PM to make people realise that skin colour is a surface-level implementation of diversity when class and background aren't taken into account, this is it. Clips are out there about his disdain for the poor, he's had the shine come off him earlier this year, he's not getting the Tory voting coalition back, though he might stop some of the Blue Wall from falling.

I didn't want him in the PM seat because he'll be the new way that the Tories legitimise austerity and the Thatcherism/Cameronite worldview far more than Truss' ineptitude would have, but it turns out she was just TOO crap and couldn't even stay in the seat for long enough. Probably a reasonable (by Tory standards) hang-on administration.

laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Smint
post Oct 24 2022, 04:29 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 124,514
In a way Sunak has positives and negatives in terms of holding up the Tory vote. As alluded to in this thread, the UKIPers who all voted for Johnson in 2019 (especially in seats where the Brexit Party didn't stand) may not vote for Sunak as a lot of the appeal was the dogwhistle xenophobia of Johnson and many dislike and distrust Sunak.

However, it does put pressure on Labour to put some red water between them and the Tories in terms of policy. Their huge leads in the polls are due to the chaotic politics of Johnson (eventually) and Truss (From the complete start, the public couldn't stand her even if she had turned out to be competent). So Starmer didn't have to say much and just appear professional and calm. But now there isn't that much between them in terms of major policy (not going to reverse Brexit, tough on immigration, anti Climate change protestors, not commiting to inflationary pay for NHS workers etc etc) if Sunak is in anyway competent, even if policy hurts the poorest the most, the electorate would probably vote Tory again as that's the party the elderly like in this country, and the buggers all turn out and vote.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Oct 24 2022, 08:20 PM
Post #14
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
QUOTE(J00prstar @ Oct 24 2022, 04:35 PM) *
Oh, the party will certainly unite, but they'll have a hell of a job convincing the racists among their voter base that a non white guy winning the leadership ISN'T proof that the party has fallen by the wayside and no longer deserves their support. Liberal elites, the swamp, wokeism etc.

I also suspect Farage will take a step back into politics in the next few weeks.

I can't see the Party uniting quickly unless Rishi does well in the polls. And when life was shit for people in 2019, it's far worse now. There's been some good gentrification of some northern towns to be fair in centre, but mainly with bars and resturaunts. Then the bigger problem becomes these places are great but there's not the staff due to current immigration policy.

The Brexit fantasists will be annoyed because their idellogical version of Brexit won't be achieved. For what it's worth, I don't think Johnson believed in the issue, he just used it to suit his career and delegtated the task to the fantasists to keep them happy. I think the country has moved on from Brexit, although my worry is the likes of Farage try and encourage people that the reason things are so abd is because we haven't done Brexit properly, which we can't do with self-destructing as a country and will never happen.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Oct 25 2022, 04:19 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
Braverman is BACK puke.gif Far right twat!

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Oct 25 2022, 04:36 PM
Post #16
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
Serve her some tofu, that'll get rid of her x

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post Oct 25 2022, 04:48 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471
Literally resigned less than a week ago from the very same position because she breached ministerial code.

It's all such a joke.

+Quote this post
Smint
post Oct 25 2022, 04:48 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 124,514
Well that's a mistake. She's unhinged and popular as a cancer wart. Not to mention disloyal.

+Quote this post
Notorious D.O.T
post Oct 25 2022, 05:00 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 122,344
The whole thing is like a revolving door.

"Oh remember that thing I resigned out of principle over- lol no you don't you must have forgotten about it now I want to do the exact opposite"

What a shower of shit. Shall we have a general strike?

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Oct 25 2022, 05:50 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
Any hope anyone had for this government is surely gone off the back of that decision. This is Sunak showing what he’s really about. Not helping me with the pushed view of ‘you can be a Tory and not be evil’.

Hopefully we’ll end up with a GE sooner rather than later.

+Quote this post

21 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:54 PM