BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 5 Years of 'We Found Love'
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post Sep 23 2016, 12:40 PM
Post #1
is in hibernation
Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,161

Yesterday marked five years since Rih's biggest hit to date We Found Love was released! We Found Love spend 10 weeks at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, six in the UK and has sold over 14.5m copies WW.

I was obsessed when this came out but over time and especially recently it has got a bit old for me. sad.gif She was definitely at her peak (commercially) when this came out, at least in the UK but it's still incredible how much it's sold.

Share your memories and thoughts of 'We Found Love' here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
danG
post Sep 23 2016, 01:07 PM
Post #2
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

omygod has it really been 5 years!!!

5 years!!!!!

it hasn't aged at all really, still sounds like a current hit single. people will look back and point to 'we found love' as being one of the most influential records in pop and EDM, I'd say it really helped EDM become a major chart force in America.

iconic.

wub.gif

+Quote Post
dhwe
post Sep 25 2016, 01:36 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,384

i've recounted why i hold a special place in my heart for this song at least 3 times already so i'll just quote myself:

QUOTE(dhwe @ Jan 12 2016, 02:04 PM) *
in September 2011, I'd been chart-watching for just over a year, but I was still stuck in my teenage music snob phase and it was a secret hobby of sorts and I wasn't willing to admit to anyone or myself that I liked or paid attention to pop music. Then "We Found Love" and its video came out, and at first I was a tad lukewarm towards it until I wasn't and I caught myself watching the video ten times straight one night and jumping around to it in my room like a f***ing idiot. It was the first time since I was a kid that I'd let a pop song take over me completely like that. Looking back at those couple years when I was reconnecting with pop, that was the moment when everything finally clicked again, and that whole single/video release is easily the pinnacle of '10s pop for me so far.

(the summer after, I was walking with a friend around my town, and a biker guy on a motorcycle sped by us while blasting "We Found Love" on a boombox, and if there's one image that represents how that song makes me feel every time I listen to it, it's that)

i'll just add: <333333

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:48 AM