BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Favourite Current Western Girl Group?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Favourite current Western girl group
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 48
Guests cannot vote 
troylovesmusic
post 2nd August 2014, 02:25 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,179

QUOTE(✖ ketalina ✖ @ Aug 2 2014, 02:27 PM) *
i dont think any of them are really all that are they???

girlbands of quality are a dying breed.

quality wise, neon jungle / branding wise little mix. the saturdays are obviously the most famous but there are girlbands that do each part of their package much better imo.
Actually I would say worldwide The Saturdays are the least well known and least famous. Obviously that's not the case the UK though .

This post has been edited by troylovesmusic: 2nd August 2014, 02:36 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
danG
post 2nd August 2014, 04:05 PM
Post #22
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

Neons >> Little Mix >>>>>>>>> The Sats

haven't heard any of GRL's or Fifth Harmony's songs other than Wild Wild Love so I won't rank them. (wow so relevant!1)

All three can make a good song when they want but NJ and LM are more interesting for me

+Quote this post
calxyum
post 2nd August 2014, 05:04 PM
Post #23
Group icon
my caviar brings all the lords to the court~
Pronouns: he/him
User: 20,799

The Saturdays
Neon Jungle
G.R.L.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 2nd August 2014, 05:20 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

QUOTE(Jark @ Aug 2 2014, 12:01 PM) *
People with otherwise decent taste seriously voting the Saturdays over Little Mix when they haven't made a strong album in years and half of their singles are crap too, and they have literally never once in six years given a great live performance? I like the Sats despite their many flaws, but Little Mix are in a different league. They're actually popstars with a vision, a sound and an image, not just Topshop mannequins who get given a good song once every other year and fail to sell it with a mediocre video funded by Citreon / Thomas Cook / IAMS cat food, and a 'will this do?' performance on GMTV.

Despite all that, I'd rather listen to most of the Sats discography than anything by any of the other bands mentioned. Little Mix are cooler and have much better produced songs but they're more beat driven growers most of the time and I'm a sucker for an instant pure pop melody, which is what the Sats excel at.

And I saw them live a few years ago and they were excellent, so maybe they save their great live performances for their tours.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 2nd August 2014, 05:36 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

QUOTE(Electro Paradise @ Aug 1 2014, 09:00 PM) *
Thanks Liam!
@seantobewild 5th Harmony are a US girl group from their version of X-Factor.

I was being sarcastic before when I asked who they were laugh.gif apologies!

QUOTE(Jark @ Aug 2 2014, 12:01 PM) *
People with otherwise decent taste seriously voting the Saturdays over Little Mix when they haven't made a strong album in years and half of their singles are crap too, and they have literally never once in six years given a great live performance? I like the Sats despite their many flaws, but Little Mix are in a different league. They're actually popstars with a vision, a sound and an image, not just Topshop mannequins who get given a good song once every other year and fail to sell it with a mediocre video funded by Citreon / Thomas Cook / IAMS cat food, and a 'will this do?' performance on GMTV.

You seem to forget Little Mix are signed to the same labels are One Direction, thus actually have a budget to do things and go places with their image, output and image. Something The Sats unfortunately don't have, hence they go down the citreon routes etc.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong they've (LM) done well and have shifted more albums than The Sats and are probably the only girl group since the Spice Girls to do well in America/globally which is no easy feat, I'd just rather listen to a girl group that didn't need X-Factor to shift them into two seperate groups and then into the current group which lacks personality, in my opinion. laugh.gif

QUOTE(Scherz @ Aug 2 2014, 02:24 PM) *
I didn't realise that someone having a personal favourite had to do with anyone else's tastes?
Just because The Saturdays don't meet your criteria of what 'the perfect girlband' should be like, doesn't mean everyone should prefer Little Mix!

Anyway, The Saturdays ofc.

wub.gif

QUOTE(troylovesmusic @ Aug 2 2014, 03:25 PM) *
Actually I would say worldwide The Saturdays are the least well known and least famous. Obviously that's not the case the UK though .

I'd say Neon Jungle are at the moment - yes Braveheart did well in the AU going top 20 with like no promo but if they fail to get another album then they won't have this again cry.gif

This post has been edited by seantobewild: 2nd August 2014, 05:37 PM

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 2nd August 2014, 06:53 PM
Post #26
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

It's all very close between The Saturdays, Little Mix & Neon Jungle for me. Currently I'd say Neon Jungle edge it.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 3rd August 2014, 01:37 AM
Post #27
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

The Saturdays for me, but Little Mix are a close second, but voted for Saturdays for obvious reasons

+Quote this post
Hurricane
post 4th August 2014, 01:21 AM
Post #28
Group icon
get me started, hot like fire
User: 17,262

01. The Saturdays
02. G.R.L. (I've been loving their EP. They are great dancers and mostly good singers. Plus, their music is pure pop at its best.)

03. Neon Jungle / Little Mix (I just can't decide. I've been into Neon Jungle a lot recently because of their last album, but I've always liked Little Mix quite a lot too, so I'd say they are equal)

666. Filth Harmony (I can't even tbh laugh.gif)

+Quote this post
Electro Paradise
post 12th August 2014, 04:09 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 11,104

I thought The Saturdays would dominate this poll on here, pleasantly surprised to there isn't a front runner, but definitely seems we favour two groups over the rest. Wonder if the US groups will gain popularity over time if they manage to last.

+Quote this post
Seinfeld
post 13th August 2014, 02:52 AM
Post #30
Group icon
Is anyone here a marine biologist?
User: 10,505

Definitely Little Mix. wub.gif Fantastic songs, brilliant vocally and I love their personalities. They were great on X Factor but they've come a long way since then.

I love some of The Saturdays songs but they're so inconsistent (from singles to live performances). Although they're very nice girls I do find them a bit bland at times as well.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 12:31 AM