BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
18 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Pokemon Sword & Shield, Generation 8 // Nintendo Switch
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 17th July 2020, 09:18 PM
Post #321
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I love Eisuce so much, it's such a stupid design but I love it, it's so adorable with its little anxiety face underneath <3
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 18th July 2020, 04:38 PM
Post #322
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I've been on all afternoon and EVERY team bar one which was a Poison type team has had a Cinderace no word of a lie, yaaawwn

+Quote this post
Doug
post 18th July 2020, 05:47 PM
Post #323
Group icon
I can't help that I need it all...
User: 9,410

Oh I am SO sick of seeing Libero Cinderace - people think that they're pro players just because they use it and sweep but it's ridiculously easy to win with something as OP as that. Shame as Cinderace started off as one of my favourites but now I can barely look at it, same as with Urshifu.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 18th July 2020, 10:34 PM
Post #324
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

QUOTE(Doug @ Jul 18 2020, 06:47 PM) *
Oh I am SO sick of seeing Libero Cinderace - people think that they're pro players just because they use it and sweep but it's ridiculously easy to win with something as OP as that. Shame as Cinderace started off as one of my favourites but now I can barely look at it, same as with Urshifu.

Agreed! In and of itself, I really like it but it's just ridiculously broken to the point I don't feel right using it. It's really annoying that it defines so much of the metagame that whenever I make a team, I have to be like "what counters Cinderace" and use a slot up. You can almost feel the absolute salt when somebody knows they're losing and cracks out the G-Max Cinderace to sweep through you, I just don't get what's fun about resorting to that? As soon as you bring something in that can maybe beat it (like my Rock Blast/Skill Link Cinccino), up goes the G-Max to take a hit, then it'll get off a Max Airstream, OHKO and outspeed and sweep your whole team. If you do manage to beat that then they get super salty and almost always disconnect in my experience laugh.gif They're as boring as facing a stall team to me.

Agreed about Urshifu too, annoys me more because it's not even that good, there's so many easy counters to it in either form. I beat the Dark one with my stupid physical Hatterene I made out of sheer dumb curiosity today rotf.gif

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 19th July 2020, 03:59 PM
Post #325
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

Thought I'd finished the expansion but found that little side bit with Hop today so that killed a whole 30 mins haha.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 20th July 2020, 09:54 AM
Post #326
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I wish they had actually added a bit more story with Hop, at least like battle him again with a team of new DLC Pokemon or something, it was just like "lol oh btw I'm here too xx"

Rumours suggest the next DLC is a bit more meaty with the story so fingers crossed for that!

+Quote this post
Doug
post 21st July 2020, 12:27 PM
Post #327
Group icon

Has anyone else seen the tactic of using Passimian with Azumarill in doubles? The latter using Misty Explosion with the former Dynamixing, inheriting Huge Power and activating a Weakness Policy is so unbelivably broken but I love it laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Doug: 21st July 2020, 12:34 PM

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 21st July 2020, 04:14 PM
Post #328
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Liаm @ Jul 20 2020, 10:54 AM) *
I wish they had actually added a bit more story with Hop, at least like battle him again with a team of new DLC Pokemon or something, it was just like "lol oh btw I'm here too xx"

Rumours suggest the next DLC is a bit more meaty with the story so fingers crossed for that!

Absolutely agree and Marnie just randomly being on the beach doing nothing too was a total dry.gif moment

+Quote this post
Doug
post 25th July 2020, 09:14 PM
Post #329
Group icon

Legit just reverse swept a guy's Cinderace-led team with Weakness Policy Runerigus and my GOD that was such a rush.

This post has been edited by Doug: 25th July 2020, 09:15 PM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 25th July 2020, 09:20 PM
Post #330
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

QUOTE(Doug @ Jul 25 2020, 10:14 PM) *
Legit just reverse swept a guy's Cinderace-led team with Weakness Policy Runerigus and my GOD that was such a rush.

Omg it's so fun when you just f*** a Cinderace because you KNOW they were banking on some bullshit sweep and there is nothing better than putting a stop to that laugh.gif

QUOTE(lewistgreen @ Jul 21 2020, 05:14 PM) *
Absolutely agree and Marnie just randomly being on the beach doing nothing too was a total dry.gif moment

All the gym leaders just randomly appear, they could have let you battle them at least laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 27th July 2020, 07:58 PM
Post #331
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Howling at me just sweeping a legendary plus Cinderace team with my Chlorophyll Venusaur, it's so so satisfying when someone thinks merely having legendaries is a given win

+Quote this post
Doug
post 28th July 2020, 02:44 PM
Post #332
Group icon

QUOTE(Liаm @ Jul 27 2020, 08:58 PM) *
Howling at me just sweeping a legendary plus Cinderace team with my Chlorophyll Venusaur, it's so so satisfying when someone thinks merely having legendaries is a given win

That is incredible laugh.gif this is the thing, Cinderace is hard to counter... with the generic OU options. Think outside the box and the idiots using them get so shocked when they come crumbling down, was actually disappointed that my Libero Runerigus didn't attract a salty reaction!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 29th July 2020, 11:36 AM
Post #333
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Definitely! The best counter I've found that I use often is Cinccino with Rock Blast and Skill Link, my own Cinderace has higher speed but only by 188 to 183 so if they run Adamant instead of Jolly or don't have 31IVs, I outspeed then Rock Blast is usually an OHKO so I'm good, even if it uses priority Sucker Punch that isn't an OHKO as frail as Cinccino is. I'm scum and use Kings Rock btu it's guaranteed OHKO with Choice Band, I just like the flinch chance if it's not quite enough on other Pokemon laugh.gif Choice Band Crawdaunt with Adaptability and Aqua Jet also works actually. It's so much more satisfying when it's a Pokemon they won't expect, you could easily bring out Choice Scarf Dracovish but I live for the salt.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 30th July 2020, 05:32 PM
Post #334
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I just swept most of a team with a special Cinderace, I am screaming

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 24th October 2020, 02:39 PM
Post #335
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I'm being so picky but it's annoying me that there's fossil Pokemon just randomly walking around the Crown Tundra like they're not extinct and then everyone is like "oh nobody has any reason to visit our little old corner of the world xx" like there isn't dinosaurs walking round lmao, it kind of f***s with the lore of them being extinct fossils when they're roaming around this region.

I think the story is more fun than Isle Of Armor but I hope the meta isn't flooded with legendaries because of the Dynamax Adventure thing. I'm excited to use the gen 3 starters competitively *.*

+Quote this post
Doug
post 24th October 2020, 06:32 PM
Post #336
Group icon

On the whole I agree that this is more fun and appealing than Isle of Armour but again, quite a short storyline, no? Great to see the returning Pokemon though and Dynamax Adventures is a fun concept and will be making use of that to get some older legendaries and hunt for shinies (1/100 if you have a shiny charm!!), shame the Pokemon they give you to go through with are pretty poor.
Regidrago is such a mixed bag for me out of the new additions - it has a fantastic design and a great ability that pairs well with Dragon Energy and yet learns hardly any special moves to make a proper set with it? Its stat spread is a bit odd too.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 24th October 2020, 06:58 PM
Post #337
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Yeah I definitely wish it was longer, it would have been nice to have an old region in as DLC and you go and actually do all the gyms with a story to that too.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 24th October 2020, 07:55 PM
Post #338
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Liаm @ Oct 24 2020, 07:58 PM) *
Yeah I definitely wish it was longer, it would have been nice to have an old region in as DLC and you go and actually do all the gyms with a story to that too.

omg please can this happen.

I've quite enjoyed playing it. Done about 4 hours gameplay longing some bits out and I've still got some to do. Loving all the added ice types *.* especially quen Smoochum and the cutie that is Spheal

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 25th October 2020, 02:55 PM
Post #339
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I just keep seeing full on teams of legendaries on Y-Comm, I really wish you could filter out Ubers teams (I know Smogon tiers aren't official but still) somehow because it's ruining the meta for me and it's only been about a day of me playing it sad.gif Especially when they can set up and Dynamax with a legendary, it's just unnecessary and really boring when I'm trying to use old faves like the Nidos, Garchomp and Hoenn starters. I'm hoping it's just the novelty of them being newly available and it'll die down.

I know you can change the rules to be like the Battle Tower, but then I can't have say two Life Orbs or two Assault Vests which I often do, and I like the full 6 on 6 battles a lot more.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 25th October 2020, 04:51 PM
Post #340
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Ok I just swept someone's mono Dragon legendary team with Triage Comfey and I'm howling omg

+Quote this post

18 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 04:23 AM