BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 2017 Tips
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
TheSnake
post 28th December 2016, 12:15 AM
Post #121
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308

QUOTE(Dobbo @ Dec 27 2016, 09:50 PM) *
flopped badly like the Robin Schulz one.

The Robin Schulz flop really shows how progressive house isn't doing as well in the charts now. Shame as Shed A Light is fantastic. Did Radio 1 and Capital shun it.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 28th December 2016, 12:28 AM
Post #122
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155

How can we call Shed A Light a flop? It's just outside the spotify top 50 with minimal airplay atm

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 28th December 2016, 12:39 AM
Post #123
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Anyway, I'm wondering if R1 will support Noah Cyrus? It sounds like the perfect song for winter!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 28th December 2016, 02:18 AM
Post #124
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Good god that Alma song is horrendous, hopefully it does no mroe than say Capsize (which deserved much more </3) and is just a spotify hit without doing too much fficially.

+Quote this post
TMD_24Quavo
post 28th December 2016, 05:27 PM
Post #125
Group icon
Radio 1 Enthusiast
User: 23,440

Here's another bunch of songs that could grab people's attentions:

DJ Snake - The Half (feat. Jeremih, Young Thug & Swizz Beatz)

DJ Snake has had quite the year with stunning tunes such as Middle, Talk and not forgetting Let Me Love You and now next year he is releasing his 4th single from Encore called The Half which features American RnB/hip-hop stars Jeremih, Young Thug & Swizz Beatz. For me it's catchy and pretty dope to listen to although you will have no idea what the singer's are rapping to! It's impacting on January 17th in the US so hopefully we will see in the top 40 by March!

Ariana Grande - Everyday (feat. Future)

Ariana Grande keeps rolling out the singles ahead of her next album next year. Following on from Side By Side, Ariana is pushing for a RnB like song to get another top ten hit and with the help of Future in it. It's certainly going to get the radio support she needs but will get as close as Side By Side did though?

DJ Fresh & Diplo - Bang Bang (feat. R. City, Selah Sue & Craig David)

5 artists, one massive song.... Or will it be? DJ Fresh has teamed up with Diplo on this one and it's called Bang Bang. No, it ain't Jessie, Ariana & Nicki, it's DJ, Diplo, City, Sue, & David on this future clubber. With some big names banging along this can easily beat the unfortunate flop that was How Love Begins and bang it's way into the top 40.

ZAYN & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever

An unlikely combination.. Taylor Swift has been very quiet in her music life for a couple of years, but 2017 seems like her massive comeback year and it starts of with a song with none other than ZAYN in a song made for Fifty Shades Darker. This song has already peaked at no1.jpg on iTunes but it seemed to quickly wear off, however with the film set to hit our cinema screens on February 10th, don't be surprised to see this shoot up again.

Cashmere Cat - Trust Nobody (feat. Selena Gomez & Tory Lanez)

European DJ Cashmere Cat is one of those people that wants his songs to explode so badly and if he's lucky he could get the wish he granted for. It certainly helps that he's grabbed Selena Gomez & Tory Lanez for this one in this RnB focused song. It's bubbling in the top 100 on Spotify so with a bit of promotion it could get even higher!

Alex Da Kid - Not Easy (feat. X Ambassadors, Elle King & Wiz Khalifa)

Alex Da Kid you say? He ain't a kid, he's a proper man and a very good music producer who made songs from Dr. Dre, Cheryl, Nicki Minaj, Imagine Dragons, B.o.B & Eminem hits. He is defently the future Naughty Boy and this statement couldn't be truer with this hard-hitting, emotional first song that reminds me a kids view on the state of this planet. Watch out Naughty Boy, you have another British producer on your tails!

+Quote this post
danG
post 28th December 2016, 05:32 PM
Post #126
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

I'd really love Cashmere Cat to do something, the production on Trust Nobody is so slick heart.gif

+Quote this post
danG
post 30th December 2016, 10:48 AM
Post #127
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

Migos (feat. Lil Uzi Vert) - Bad and Boujee

This'll definitely be big. Already top 20 in the Spotify Global chart, and nearly top 50 in the UK Spotify chart.

WHTKD - Say To Me

This is gaining potential as a future dance hit, got a few million Spotify streams already (and a lot of YouTube views) and high up on Spotify's 'Massive Dance Hits' playlist.

Petit Biscuit - Sunset Lover

I think this could be really big if it gets a vocal remix like Alan Walker's 'Fade' did last year. As it is, it's been big in France where he comes from anyway and in the lower end of the UK Spotify top 200.

Martin Jensen - Solo Dance

This one's gaining a lot on Spotify globally, can't say I'm surprised really it has all the ingredients for a Spotify hit.

State of Sound - Wake Up Where You Are

This also sounds like a Spotify hit, could be one soon. Although there's only so many tropical dance pop songs that can be hits so..

Jon Bellion - All Time Low

Doing well in the US, could perhaps crossover?

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 30th December 2016, 10:59 AM
Post #128
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

Martin Jensen and State of Mind very tropical house, really stand out to be hits, the Migos track is just awful that will probably get heavily edited by Radio 1, Petit Biscuit sound like a drowned out version of Wake Me Up, WHTKD it feels like its not going anywhere, Jon Bellion not my thing.

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post 30th December 2016, 12:56 PM
Post #129
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308

I really like Jon Bellion's All Time Low, reminds a bit of Alan Walker's Faded, even though is not really dance music.

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 12th March 2017, 10:31 PM
Post #130
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Dannoween @ Oct 31 2016, 04:50 PM) *
I could see 'Be The One' getting a re-release and impacting the lower end of the top 40 post-album but until then keep the new hits flowing seeing as Europe have already had that song be a hit.

kink.gif

+Quote this post
danG
post 16th December 2017, 01:34 PM
Post #131
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

How did we do then?

I correctly predicted Starley and Martin Jensen as big hits but got quite a few wrong.

+Quote this post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 12:02 AM