BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Battle For Britney: Fans, Cash and a Conservatorship •, 1st May | iPlayer • 5th May | BBC Two
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 21st April 2021, 09:41 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

On BBC iPlayer from 1st May and on Television on BBC Two 5th May.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 21st April 2021, 09:42 PM
Post #2
Group icon

Knew it was coming but for some reason wasn't expecting it quite so soon lol.

But ughhhhhhh! Why tf Perez Hilton!?

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 1st May 2021, 01:24 PM
Post #3
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p09f9...conservatorship

+Quote this post
Nick Jonas
post 1st May 2021, 01:51 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,481

Nothing really new, aside from the dementia claims. Still, a good watch if you’re a Britney fan.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 1st May 2021, 05:00 PM
Post #5
Group icon

Will watch this tonight but it still grosses me out that Perez was even a part of this puke.gif

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 1st May 2021, 06:33 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 120,499

I wanted to watch it but i'm really put off watching with Perez's involvement - the amount of disgusting things he has said about Britney is unforgivable.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 1st May 2021, 11:30 PM
Post #7
Group icon

Perez is only in the documentary very momentarily, a couple of minutes. For what it's worth, he comes across as being remorseful about his role to play. I'd say it's absolutely still worth watching the documentary despite his inclusion. I totally get the fans being reactionary about Perez's involvement, but from my point of view it's really not worth boycotting the documentary over, because Mobeen Azhar (the filmmaker) definitely tells it like it is re: Perez's behaviour, confronts him about it (showing him examples of his old blog posts that were awful about Britney). His presence in the documentary does make sense in terms of the narrative, i.e. the filmmaker talks about the rise of celeb blogs/the public's obsession with Britney's personal life, and Perez was certainly at the helm when it came to exacerbating this.

The overall tone of the new documentary is sympathetic and respectful, similar to the previous one. Mobeen visits Kentwood and meets a few locals who are so sweet about Britney! heart.gif

There is a photographer who is interviewed who has the same stance as the paparazzi guy from the previous documentary though, basically saying that Britney courted the press and needed them as much as the press needed her. Honestly this was more infuriating than Perez's presence.

+Quote this post
Nick Jonas
post 2nd May 2021, 07:41 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

^^You basically said wanted I wanted to biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Alberto!
post 2nd May 2021, 02:34 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 39,843

Some parts are a bit random and a bit of a stretch but it's an interesting watch, as it covers a few points/sheds light on concerns that Framing Britney steered away from and that the GP should probably have a think about.

Debatable people (e.g. Perez) are only on for a short segment and, as mentioned, they take accountability for their awfulness/contribution to her ultimate downfall - so it didn't bother me particularly.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 2nd May 2021, 09:18 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

Thanks got explaining Jay I wanted to watch but when I saw Perez was in it I thought the same eeewww no! Will watch it now.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 3rd May 2021, 10:29 AM
Post #11
Group icon

Jay has said pretty much everything I wanted to say laugh.gif I'm thankful Perez feels some kind of remorse about his actions, but it wasn't just Britney he was doing all that too, but that's for a different conversation altogether.

I found the documentary interesting and I actually liked that it showed and pin-pointed arguments from both sides, more so than Framing Britney Spears did. I found FBS a better documentary on the whole, but this definitely added more to the whole Free Britney movement. Will give it another watch shortly to see if there's any bits I missed/glossed over.

I HATE the mentality that seemingly most paparazzi/photographers seem to be having with this whole situation. It's gross and misguided. Vile.

+Quote this post
Alberto!
post 4th May 2021, 03:39 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

Once again I don't know what to think about Brit's reaction to the BBC doc (from Instagram):

2021 is definitely way better than 2020 but I never knew it was gonna be like THIS 😳😳😳 !!!! So many documentaries about me this year with other people's takes on my life ... what can I say … I’m deeply flattered !!!! These documentaries are so hypocritical … they criticize the media and then do the same thing 🤔🤔🤔????? Damn … I don’t know y’all but I’m thrilled to remind you all that although I've had some pretty tough times in my life ... I've had waaaayyyy more amazing times in my life and unfortunately my friends … I think the world is more interested in the negative 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ !!!! I mean … isn't this supposed to be a business and society about THE FUTURE 🤧🤧🤧 ???? Why highlight the most negative and traumatizing times in my life from forever ago ???? I mean DAMN … on a lighter note … this is a video of me dancing 💃💃💃 !!!! I have so many trips I'm looking forward to taking this summer and I can't wait to dance in different studios 👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️ !!!! I'm hoping to get a miniature koi pond in my backyard as well 🐠🐠🐠 !!!! I know I'm weird but hey … it's the little things you know ... and I'm so grateful for my beautiful backyard !!!! @betterhomesandgardens should put me on their cover ... I'm no @MarthaStewart that's for sure … but I will tell you I have the finest garden here in LA 🌺🌺🌺🌸🌸🌸🌼🌼🌼 !!!! I hope you're all living your best lives and shit or as @parishilton would say SLIVING!!! ... I know I am 💋💋💋!!!! PSSSS I don’t actually talk to Billy B AT ALL so I’m honestly very confused 😂😂😂 !!! This is my Instagram !!!! PSSSSS no paparazzi guy … I didn’t want you and your crew following me around !!!

+Quote this post
Nick Jonas
post 4th May 2021, 04:06 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Is it her though?

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 4th May 2021, 05:28 PM
Post #14
Group icon

Britney is literally on holiday in Hawaii with Sam laugh.gif ... I honestly don't think she watches these documentaries (even if she is behind some of them).

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 4th May 2021, 06:31 PM
Post #15
Group icon

Well that's an interesting response, if it's definitely her, which I'm never really sure about. Oops at the dismissal of Billy B!

+Quote this post
Alberto!
post 4th May 2021, 10:42 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

That's what I mean. The fact that she addresses these directly does sound like somebody else is writing them. Then once again I'm left wondering - what if it's actually her and the truth is still sad but somewhere more in the middle? ohmy.gif

I hope her addressing the court directly gives a bit of clarity about her actual position.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 5th May 2021, 06:27 AM
Post #17
Group icon

On BBC2 tonight happy.gif

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 5th May 2021, 09:37 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

tbh britney is kinda a private, down to earth girl so i can imagine the open conversations FOR her would be frustrating. I will await June 23rd to see what she says. I can imagine she wouldn't be happy about the dementia reports being made so public (true or not).

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 5th May 2021, 10:14 PM
Post #19
Group icon

Rewatched it again tonight. The photographer really, REALLY pisses me off. He's actually vile and I still find it hard to forgive Perez, especially as he was a key factor. I get that he's changed now or whatever, but I'm still not comfortable with it for some reason. sad.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 10:42 PM