BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
65 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> EU/Brexit Discussion Thread II
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Silas
post 21st November 2017, 08:38 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Is it time to remind you how little of our GDP and Economy depends on Manufacturing again already?!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 21st November 2017, 10:04 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Lest we forget "the other side" I trust Momentum members are rejoicing at Corbyn & co's support for the Tories in ensuring we have no potential deal to allow single market access.

Lying bunch of tosspots who have betrayed the young generation who thought they were getting a party to avoid a Hard Brexit, or I say sarcastically determined to support the minority who won the wafer-thin vote who all obviously voted entirely for a Hard Brexit despite a Leave campaign that didnt claim that, and one that the Labour Party didn't campaign for. Trust us, they shouted, we will save you from a Hard Brexit, barely months ago.

Piss off you lying toerags. You don't deserve support any more than the lying Tories running that party do. We need a new young party that is willing to do what's best for the country, not for itself.

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 21st November 2017, 10:23 PM
Post #23
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753

Labour are a disgrace! We have somehow ended up with a ridiculously weak opposition at a time when it's easy to oppose the government and incredibly important to scrutinise everything they do. This is laughably awful. So so disappointed in them! They have truly failed the British people, whether they have voted for Labour or the Tories, leave or remain. We NEED a strong opposition to thrive and right now we've got a hopefully weak government led by a prime minister with no authority and an opposition that is only opposition in name. Atrocious!

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 21st November 2017, 10:55 PM
Post #24
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

QUOTE(burbe @ Nov 21 2017, 10:23 PM) *
Labour are a disgrace! We have somehow ended up with a ridiculously weak opposition at a time when it's easy to oppose the government and incredibly important to scrutinise everything they do. This is laughably awful. So so disappointed in them! They have truly failed the British people, whether they have voted for Labour or the Tories, leave or remain. We NEED a strong opposition to thrive and right now we've got a hopefully weak government led by a prime minister with no authority and an opposition that is only opposition in name. Atrocious!

We learned what to do with the Red Tories in Scotland a long time ago!!

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 21st November 2017, 10:59 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Lol they are MUCH farther to the left than the SNP.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 21st November 2017, 11:27 PM
Post #26
Group icon
is in hibernation

QUOTE(Buttered Muffin @ Nov 21 2017, 10:59 PM) *

- Committed to Theresa May’s divisive and destructive hard Brexit
- trident renewal
- keeping the vast majority (78%) of planned Tory cuts
- increasing tuition fees in the only part of the UK where they have power
- Scottish Party would rather you vote Tory than SNP and reportedly almost stepped aside in areas they’d been big in before which were now Tory-SNP (my constituency falls into that bracket and I can say Labour were nowhere)

I could go on

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 21st November 2017, 11:35 PM
Post #27
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

You are talking about Keisha Douglas's abortive attempts at a party, not Corbyn's Labour x

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 21st November 2017, 11:38 PM
Post #28
Group icon
is in hibernation

QUOTE(Buttered Muffin @ Nov 21 2017, 11:35 PM) *
You are talking about Keisha Douglas's abortive attempts at a party, not Corbyn's Labour x

QUOTE(Andrew. @ Nov 21 2017, 11:27 PM) *
- Committed to Theresa May’s divisive and destructive hard Brexit
- trident renewal
- keeping the vast majority (78%) of planned Tory cuts

I’m not saying they’re the second incarnation of the BNP lmao, but Labour under Corbyn is letting the young people who won them so many seats and votes down with their wishy washy, sneaky hard Brexit policy and huge cuts.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 22nd November 2017, 06:28 AM
Post #29
Group icon
Paul Hyett
User: 364

QUOTE(5 Silas Frřkner @ Nov 21 2017, 08:38 PM) *
Is it time to remind you how little of our GDP and Economy depends on Manufacturing again already?!

Oh please - if the article had said the opposite, you'd have been jumping up & down saying 'look what Brexit has gone now!'

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 22nd November 2017, 06:30 AM
Post #30
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Nov 21 2017, 10:04 PM) *
Lest we forget "the other side" I trust Momentum members are rejoicing at Corbyn & co's support for the Tories in ensuring we have no potential deal to allow single market access.

Lying bunch of tosspots who have betrayed the young generation who thought they were getting a party to avoid a Hard Brexit, or I say sarcastically determined to support the minority who won the wafer-thin vote who all obviously voted entirely for a Hard Brexit despite a Leave campaign that didnt claim that, and one that the Labour Party didn't campaign for. Trust us, they shouted, we will save you from a Hard Brexit, barely months ago.

Piss off you lying toerags. You don't deserve support any more than the lying Tories running that party do. We need a new young party that is willing to do what's best for the country, not for itself.

Good luck in finding/founding one!

+Quote this post
Silas
post 22nd November 2017, 07:47 AM
Post #31
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Manufacturings continued collapse was happening Brexit or not.

QUOTE(Buttered Muffin @ Nov 21 2017, 10:59 PM) *

Errr no. Let’s not forget that Corbyns manifesto borrowed extensively from the “Our Record” section of the SNP website. The SNP are more central than they claim to be for sure but Corbyn is in the same space as they are.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 25th November 2017, 07:27 AM
Post #32
Group icon
Paul Hyett

At last, we've run out of things to argue about. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 25th November 2017, 10:31 AM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

I see Labour's Kate Hooooey has just had a jolly to Switzerland to look at the border controls with the EU. She thinks it will be helpful to the Ireland border situation. I'm very happy to hear someone in the Labour Party thinks joining the Schengen area would be a very good thing for the UK. I would love to see inter-EU travel without passports.

Or....she's not just a bit thick is she..?

Skiing's nice this time of the year though.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 25th November 2017, 01:45 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Nov 25 2017, 10:31 AM) *
I see Labour's Kate Hooooey has just had a jolly to Switzerland to look at the border controls with the EU. She thinks it will be helpful to the Ireland border situation. I'm very happy to hear someone in the Labour Party thinks joining the Schengen area would be a very good thing for the UK. I would love to see inter-EU travel without passports.

Or....she's not just a bit thick is she..?

Skiing's nice this time of the year though.

Ha! laugh.gif

I'm sure her friends will be expecting some nice chocolate for Christmas.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 26th November 2017, 02:54 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Paul Hyett

I'm amazed that none of this group's Remoaners... sorry Remainers, have posted this...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/n...ng-leave-brexit

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 26th November 2017, 02:57 PM
Post #36
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

I saw that yesterday - interesting to read. I think it is true that the reason that there has been little shift to the opinion (i.e. remaining close to a 50/50 split) is that people do not like to admit that they were wrong and the body shoots off dopamine when you read something that supports your view and therefore there is a lot of confirmation bias going on.

I think that is what primarily is polarising opinion, the echo chamber bubble that pervades social media. This was covered excellently by Adam Curtis' Hypernormalisation documentary last year.

This post has been edited by Doctor Blind: 26th November 2017, 03:00 PM

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 26th November 2017, 03:08 PM
Post #37
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Nov 26 2017, 02:57 PM) *
I saw that yesterday - interesting to read. I think it is true that the reason that there has been little shift to the opinion (i.e. remaining close to a 50/50 split) is that people do not like to admit that they were wrong and the body shoots off dopamine when you read something that supports your view and therefore there is a lot of confirmation bias going on.

I think that is what primarily is polarising opinion, the echo chamber bubble that pervades social media. This was covered excellently by Adam Curtis' Hypernormalisation documentary last year.

I had no idea about dopamine effects on this. That means opinions will quickly get entrenched in today's media world.

Vidcapper, remoaner is an anti democratic attack on the dissenting opinion, teying to deligitimise it and make it seem smaller than it actually is - i.e 50%

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 26th November 2017, 04:05 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

I read that article this morning. It just served to demonstrate what a stupid idea the referendum was in the first place. There have been plenty of other pieces of research which suggest that a lot of people thought it was little more significant than voting in X Factor.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 26th November 2017, 04:30 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(ChRiMbO LeG PiPe @ Nov 26 2017, 03:08 PM) *
Vidcapper, remoaner is an anti democratic attack on the dissenting opinion, teying to deligitimise it and make it seem smaller than it actually is - i.e 50%

Which is why I amended it before posting. teresa.gif

It's not like the insults are all one-way though : e.g. 'little Englander' ; 'xenophobe'; 'unintelligent (and less polite variations)' etc...

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Nov 26 2017, 04:05 PM) *
I read that article this morning. It just served to demonstrate what a stupid idea the referendum was in the first place. There have been plenty of other pieces of research which suggest that a lot of people thought it was little more significant than voting in X Factor.

Be that as it may, anti-EU feelings had been festering for 40 years, so you can hardly blame people for taking their 'once-in-a-lifetime' chance to express them democratically. Besides, referendum or not, the issue was not going to go away on its own. UKIP support was growing faster than the older generations were dropping dead...

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 26th November 2017, 04:46 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

With the media pushing stories like 'enemy of the people', 'remoaners', 'will of the people' etc, remoaner has a far worse anti democratic element.

+Quote this post

65 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 01:46 PM