BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Changes to the site index
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post Oct 15 2017, 08:02 PM
Post #1
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Hi all biggrin.gif

Today's been another productive Sunday for Buzzjack improvements, there's been a number of updates implemented today.

1) Sales & Analysis has been removed for good, and the topics have been merged into The Chart Vault. You'll be able to find your topic easily through the pinned index in that forum, so don't worry about losing your topics!
2) Dance, Electro and House has simply been renamed Dance.
3) Features Request has been made into a subforum of Announcements, for the time being at least while it's closed.
4) The forum categories (e.g. Your Charts, Your Music, etc.) have been renamed! The layout is now:

Music Charts
Music Genres
Music Contests
General Discussion
Entertainment
Artist Forums
Site Communications

5) As a result of the above, the Retro Lounge has been reallocated to the General Discussion forum.

All relatively minor tweaks but all to help improve the overall look and feel of the site biggrin.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Oct 15 2017, 08:09 PM
Post #2
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
Definitely makes more sense to have Retro Lounge away from Eurovision & BJSC! Always a bit of a random collection.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post Oct 15 2017, 08:10 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005
Yesss I love these changes! cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post Oct 15 2017, 08:10 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
Sales and Analysis was basically a DOA forum, I thought it was a bad idea from the start, so I'm pleased to see the back of that (of course some of the individual threads in there are good for something, but it's very much the realm of things to keep in artist forums, it was never going to sustain a forum of its own).

Good calls on the rest of those mini tweaks as well. Retro's rather inexplicable placing on the forum finally comes to an end!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Oct 15 2017, 08:35 PM
Post #5
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217
Great improvements all round! *.* Really liking the new category names, and Retro definitely makes more sense in its new home. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Oct 15 2017, 08:57 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
How DARE you change the Dance Forum's name without my consent ohmy.gif

Jokes, I prefer that. Like these changes, especially moving Retro from the group with the contests to the general discussion section.

+Quote this post
danG
post Oct 15 2017, 09:29 PM
Post #7
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
great to see Sales and Analysis finally being removed following it being dead for years. cheer.gif

also good to see the 'Electro and House' being dropped from the Dance forum's name. I would personally prefer it to be called 'Electronic Dance Music' but simply 'Dance' will do for now, it's better than 'Dance, Electro & House' anyway.

the other tweaks are good to see also.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Oct 15 2017, 09:37 PM
Post #8
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
Fab changes guys! Well done! biggrin.gif

I would maybe move the Artist Forums below the Genre Forums for easy access to those viewing as a guest?

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Oct 15 2017, 09:38 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660
QUOTE(Cameron @ Oct 15 2017, 09:37 PM) *
Fab changes guys! Well done! biggrin.gif

I would maybe move the Artist Forums below the Genre Forums for easy access to those viewing as a guest?

Not in the size they are now tho

+Quote this post
lotita
post Oct 15 2017, 09:45 PM
Post #10
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777
AF moves won't be happening before the site change, but we're very throughly considering which will be the best option to make them visible for then biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Oct 15 2017, 09:49 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
Much better, the site index has been out of date for ages and it's great to see the ordering updated! I'd potentially move BJSC to the Genre category (although it would've made more sense when it was called Your Music as it isn't a genre heehee.gif so I'm not as convinced as I would've been) and then Eurovision can move to what was called Entertainment as it is a TV show at the end of the day. Only because two to a category seems minimal but just very minor suggestions there though.

Artist forums do need to be placed with the genre forums somehow but I'm just not sure it's possible unless they can be "reassigned" as subforums with ease.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Oct 15 2017, 09:49 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
These are such simple changes but they really make a world of difference! Looks so much better, thanks guys *.* poor brave Sales & Analysis never taking off.

+Quote this post
Brer
post Oct 15 2017, 09:58 PM
Post #13
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
QUOTE(Ryan. @ Oct 15 2017, 10:49 PM) *
Much better, the site index has been out of date for ages and it's great to see the ordering updated! I'd potentially move BJSC to the Genre category (although it would've made more sense when it was called Your Music as it isn't a genre heehee.gif so I'm not as convinced as I would've been) and then Eurovision can move to what was called Entertainment as it is a TV show at the end of the day. Only because two to a category seems minimal but just very minor suggestions there though.

Artist forums do need to be placed with the genre forums somehow but I'm just not sure it's possible unless they can be "reassigned" as subforums with ease.

Perhaps the BJSC spinoff forum could be upgraded to a full forum instead of just a subforum to add a third forum to that section? thinking.gif

+Quote this post
Silas
post Oct 15 2017, 10:52 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
Spin-offs is fine exactly where it is.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Oct 15 2017, 11:03 PM
Post #15
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
The site already looks a bit more streamlined and better.

Yeah the artist forums do need some work but not sure what's best on where to place them.

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post Oct 16 2017, 12:29 AM
Post #16
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308
I liked the old name of the Dance forum. sad.gif Sad to see it go, but electro I suppose belonged the late 00s and early 10s and there isn't as much electro around. The removal of the word 'house' may not be a good thing as there are lots of house music fans who may not come to the site now as when you.type in house forum into a search engine we probably won't come up any more. Also 'dance' can mean different things when applied to music in certain places like America where the term EDM is in use and 'dance musiccan mean other types of music.

I do think danG's suggestion of 'Electronic Dance Forum' to introduce eventually would be a very good idea.

This post has been edited by HissingSparkler: Oct 16 2017, 12:42 AM

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Oct 16 2017, 12:48 AM
Post #17
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
I think "Dance" covers it a lot more than "Electronic Dance Music" does. Not all dance music is electronic, for example. A lot of it is, but not all of it.

Loving all these moves! Would Sport be better placed amongst TV/Movies? I don't have a problem with where it currently is ofc, but I think it could be better suited under the "Entertainment" bracket.

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post Oct 16 2017, 01:05 AM
Post #18
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308
QUOTE(Jonjo @ Oct 16 2017, 01:48 AM) *
I think "Dance" covers it a lot more than "Electronic Dance Music" does. Not all dance music is electronic, for example. A lot of it is, but not all of it.

Loving all these moves! Would Sport be better placed amongst TV/Movies? I don't have a problem with where it currently is ofc, but I think it could be better suited under the "Entertainment" bracket.

Actually any dance songs that aren't very electronic, Crystal Fighters - Follow comes to mind would go into indie/rock and alternative probably. The dance forum only is for electronic dance in some form. Although Moloko - The Time Is Now was allowed to register as a dance number 1 on our dance number 1s of the 00s thread despite not having anything electronic it it.

Also there are dancey electronic R&B songs like Raye - The Line which go into R&B and Urban discussion. The Line was a weird one I thought it might have went into dance before a thread was made for it as it is certainly quite dancey sounding to my ears, more than a lot of slow paced tropical house and future bass songs.

This post has been edited by HissingSparkler: Oct 16 2017, 05:48 PM

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Oct 16 2017, 06:02 AM
Post #19
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530
Electro and house are sub-genres of dance, no? It's a wide umbrella term that covers it all really.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post Oct 16 2017, 09:40 AM
Post #20
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455
I'd move the News & Politics board directly under the Lounge rather than Retro, as it would flow much better that way, but the new changes look rather nifty.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:59 AM