BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Have you ever seen Gaga live?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jαsє
post May 24 2019, 01:58 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
Twice for me. Both times at The Monster Ball, first back in February 2009 and then June 2010.

We were extremely lucky enough to meet her back in 2010. She played two nights at the MEN arena in Manchester but we only attened the first night. We decided to hang around outside her usual hotel (The Lowry) on the second night with a few other fans we'd just met. It was around 1am and we were all set to give up but her security guy came out to where we were waiting and told us to come into the hotel entrance area and to "remain calm and dignified" (laugh.gif) - anyway, we naturally all freaked out and a couple of minutes later Gaga did the LoveGame strut down the stairs and she came and spoke with us all and she was SO LOVELY wub.gif Couldn't get over how tiny she was!! She asked for my name (Jason) and she was all "Jesse?!" and I'm all JASON and she's all "Jesse?!?" laugh.gif F'n adorable. It was just before the Alejandro video premiered and she told us to watch it over and over. Annnnnnd she took a group pic of us all on HER phone...so at one point I've been on Lady Gaga's phone heart.gif

Obviously the actual tour was BEYOND brilliant. Having that bass rip through me (because it really did) during the opening for Dance In The Dark and having the stage turn purple and seeing her silhouette and when the curtain lifted and she was just there...ugh. chills as I type this.

This post has been edited by Jαsє: May 24 2019, 02:00 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
m
post May 24 2019, 10:38 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132
QUOTE(Jαsє @ May 24 2019, 02:58 PM) *
Annnnnnd she took a group pic of us all on HER phone...so at one point I've been on Lady Gaga's phone heart.gif

This is precious!

No, I've never seen Gaga live lolz but one time my sister did ask me if I wanted to go with her, I think it was going to be in London, but that didn't work out oops (she didn't go either).

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post May 25 2019, 03:01 AM
Post #3
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
Also twice!

The Monster Ball Tour in March 2010
Joanne World Tour in January 2018

I still feel fortunate that I got to see the Joanne tour, she had to cancel the rest of the tour only a couple of dates later.

+Quote this post
davidas
post May 25 2019, 11:20 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 70,067
Once for me - Monster Ball, was meant to see her on the Joanne tour, but she cancelled both dates due to health problems sad.gif

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post May 26 2019, 01:10 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
Im lucky I’ve seen all her major tours to date bar Enigma.

I’ve had to travel for all of them bar Monster Ball but it was so worth it!!

All so special dates to me.

Born This Way ball still stands out as my favourite ever concert tour I’ve seen.

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post May 26 2019, 07:55 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275
I've seen Born This Way Ball and ARTRAVE. Gutted that the Joanne date I was about to go was first postponed and then cancelled sad.gif

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Jun 5 2019, 09:19 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
QUOTE(SKOB @ May 26 2019, 08:55 AM) *
I've seen Born This Way Ball and ARTRAVE. Gutted that the Joanne date I was about to go was first postponed and then cancelled sad.gif

I feel so hard on fans that happened too!

I seen her on February 1 last year which I believe was the very last show she did of the whole tour.

What’s weird looking back is during one part of the set I think it was on Paparazzi she disappeared for a while and during Bad Romance she stopped then restarted the whole song so she must’ve been in so much pain. sad.gif

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post Jun 6 2019, 06:44 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275
The disappearance during Paparazzi was intentional I believe? It was part of all shows.. But that BR thing of course wasn't sad.gif

+Quote this post
PaulM1983
post Jun 6 2019, 11:28 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 6,471
I feel lucky to have seen all her tours. It's only Enigma that I won't see.

She is by far the most dynamic and talented live performer I've ever seen and I've seen a lot of gigs. The Born This Way Ball was my favourite, just for the sheer scale of it. That castle went from imposing and bleak to animated and almost a character all on its own in the blink of an eye. Absolutely stunning piece of stage design.

I'll forever be devastated that tour wasn't filmed. The footage on Youtube is fine, but it just doesn't do it justice.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jun 6 2019, 09:47 PM
Post #10
Group icon
User: 13,007
I've seen her in all tours except the original Fame tour and I won't see Enigma. I'll do a full analysis eventually but in short, she's the best live performer I've ever seen and it's where she is strongest.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:43 PM