BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Downton Abbey
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post Jul 14 2018, 09:01 AM
Post #1
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Fans of Downton Abbey can breathe a sign of relief - a film of the hugely successful TV series has finally been confirmed after much speculation.

The "original principal cast" will begin production later this summer, the film's producers said.

The show's creator Julian Fellowes has written the film's screenplay, and he is also going to co-produce as well.

The period TV drama, which was a hit around the world, ended at Christmas 2015 after six series.

Brian Percival, who directed The Book Thief, About a Girl and the Downton Abbey pilot, will direct the film.

The series, which had an ensemble cast led by Hugh Bonneville and Dame Maggie Smith, followed the many ups and downs of the Crawley family and their servants. They all lived together in an Edwardian English country home at the turn of the 20th Century.

It received a special Bafta tribute in 2015 and won three Golden Globes, 15 Primetime Emmy Awards and 69 Emmy nominations.

Not surprisingly, Downton is the most nominated non-US show in the history of the Emmy Awards and was shown in more than 250 territories worldwide.

Gareth Neame, the film's producer, said, "Now, after getting many stars aligned, we are shortly to go into production. "Julian's script charms, thrills and entertains and in Brian Percival's hands we aim to deliver everything that one would hope for as Downton comes to the big screen".

Jeremy Swift, who played butler Septimus Spratt, told ITV's Lorraine last year: "It's supposed to be happening - filming - this year, but it hasn't been locked down yet."

In 2016, Fellowes had said he was already thinking about a plot for a film adaptation to avoid being "caught on the hop" if it was given the go-ahead.

something to fill the void for all the fans of Fifty Shades of Grey now that those films are finished
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Jul 15 2018, 11:15 AM
Post #2
rip in peace Dickston
Group: Members
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

Fifty Shades of Grey? laugh.gif

I'm looking forward to this but I'm expecting to be disappointed tbh. Downton Abbey is too big of a show to fit a whole story into ~2 hours, it'd be like making a Game of Thrones movie or something (not that the two shows are anything alike other than both having huge casts) so there will either be too much going on or a large chunk of the cast will be shoved into a corner while the big names take center stage

I might add this to my list of shows to re-watch though! After Doctor Who of course kink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:36 AM