BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> FEMME FATALE - ALBUM RATE, Next one on my hit list~ [PRIZE INCLUDED FOR BEST COMMENTARY]
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tyler
post Jun 6 2016, 03:40 AM
Post #1
Group icon
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
User: 67

Welcome to Buzzjack's second official rate of Britney's "Femme Fatale" album. Here are some rules;

-Do NOT leave a track unrated. The album is available on all streaming services, YouTube, soundcloud, etc. We all want a clear result. And let's face it, some of Britney's best music comes from bonus tracks and non singles. If you are a fan of pop music, widen your (soon to be even more) awesome playlists.
-You may give your favorite (ONE) track an 11.
-You may give your least favorite (ONE) track a negative one.
-Do NOT edit your rates after an hour of posting them. That leaves you an hour to correct mis types and change your scores. If edited after the first hour, your original scores will not be changed. I'm recording the votes as they get posted so let's keep this simple.

-THOSE WHO LEAVE A COMMENTARY (2-3 sentences for at least every track) will be entered into winning a free copy of Britney's upcoming album, when released or made available for pre-order. I'll be picking a winner for each comp that happens until the release. If you use a streaming service on Spotify or iTunes I will also buy a month membership for one of those sites, if preferred.

PLEASE RATE IN THIS FORMAT, WITH SCORES REPLACING THE "00's"

00. Till The World Ends
00. Hold It Against Me
00. Inside Out
00. I Wanna Go
00. How I Roll
00. (Drop Dead) Beautiful [Ft. Sabi]
00. Seal It With A Kiss
00. Big Fat Bass [Ft. Will.I.Am.]
00. Trouble For Me
00. Trip To Your Heart
00. Gasoline
00. Criminal
00. Up n' Down
00. He About To Lose Me
00. Selfish
00. Don't Keep Me Waiting
00. Scary

This post has been edited by Tyler: Jun 15 2016, 06:42 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jun 6 2016, 05:47 AM
Post #2
Group icon
User: 13,007
Despite my longing to pick apart and analyse Circus I'm VERY UP for this. I listened to it again a few weeks ago and it's banger after banger wub.gif I'll get on it soon ~

(Drop Dead) Beautiful to slay out of the non-single tracks *.*

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jun 6 2016, 06:14 AM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
I shall be partaking in this tonight, ofc! *.*

'Trip To Your Heart' needs all the help it can get!

+Quote this post
post Jun 6 2016, 07:42 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
I'm going to give this a full listen through today!

+Quote this post
Tyler
post Jun 6 2016, 09:00 AM
Post #5
Group icon
THIS RATE CLOSES ON JUNE 26TH AT MIDNIGHT EASTERN STANDARD TIME

+Quote this post
Mike Sugafan
post Jun 6 2016, 05:03 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 945
10.0 Till The World Ends
08.5 Hold It Against Me
09.0 Inside Out
09.0 I Wanna Go
05.0 How I Roll
04.0 (Drop Dead) Beautiful [Ft. Sabi]
07.5 Seal It With A Kiss
02.0 Big Fat Bass [Ft. Will.I.Am.]
07.5 Trouble For Me
06.0 Trip To Your Heart
10.0 Gasoline
10.0 Criminal
06.5 Up n' Down
06.0 He About To Lose Me
11.0 Selfish
07.0 Don't Keep Me Waiting

+Quote this post
Nick Jonas
post Jun 6 2016, 06:06 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,481
10. Till The World Ends
09. Hold It Against Me
09. Inside Out
10. I Wanna Go
08. How I Roll
07. (Drop Dead) Beautiful [Ft. Sabi]
07. Seal It With A Kiss
07. Big Fat Bass [Ft. Will.I.Am.]
08. Trouble For Me
07. Trip To Your Heart
10. Gasoline
07. Criminal
08. Up n' Down
07. He About To Lose Me
07. Selfish
05. Don't Keep Me Waiting

I can't give an 11 because TTWE, Gasoline and IWG are all equally brilliant for me. Femme Fatale though... wub.gif

This post has been edited by Rob Spears: Jun 6 2016, 06:07 PM

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Jun 6 2016, 07:27 PM
Post #8
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
11. Till The World Ends
10. Hold It Against Me
08. Inside Out
09. I Wanna Go
07. How I Roll
06. (Drop Dead) Beautiful [Ft. Sabi]
07. Seal It With A Kiss
03. Big Fat Bass [Ft. Will.I.Am.]
05. Trouble For Me
05. Trip To Your Heart
07. Gasoline
08. Criminal
09. Up n' Down
08. He About To Lose Me
07. Selfish
06. Don't Keep Me Waiting

This post has been edited by SamJudd: Jun 6 2016, 07:27 PM

+Quote this post
kye
post Jun 6 2016, 07:47 PM
Post #9
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169
09 Till The World Ends
10 Hold It Against Me
08 Inside Out
06 I Wanna Go
07 How I Roll
07 (Drop Dead) Beautiful [Ft. Sabi]
06 Seal It With A Kiss
06 Big Fat Bass [Ft. Will.I.Am.]
07 Trouble For Me
07 Trip To Your Heart
07 Gasoline
06 Criminal
11 Up n' Down
10 He About To Lose Me
10 Selfish
06 Don't Keep Me Waiting

--

How on EARTH her label sat on 'Up & Down' when it was screaming for a UK release is beyond me.
I well and truly believe that it would have smashed here, I still listen to it a lot. Love this album. Criminal was a terrible choice for a single though.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jun 6 2016, 09:05 PM
Post #10
Group icon
QUOTE(Tyler @ Jun 6 2016, 04:40 AM) *
-THOSE WHO LEAVE A COMMENTARY (2-3 sentences for at least every track) will be entered into winning a free copy of Britney's upcoming album, when released or made available for pre-order. I'll be picking a winner for each comp that happens until the release. If you use a streaming service on Spotify or iTunes I will also buy a month membership for one of those sites, if preferred.
Just reminding everyone that Tyler has very kindly decided to buy someone a copy of "B9" (or a month's subscription to iTunes/Spotify if preferred - BUT I'm going to add this little tidbit, you MUST stream Britney's album, FIRST! (and obviously as many times throughout the week as you can) kink.gif) if they write some commentary for the tracks.

Even though this is a rate, we would still like some discussion! biggrin.gif

(Those who have already rated, you can edit in your commentary whenever you're free to do so! Just a couple of tracks a day is ok if you prefer!)

+Quote this post
Nick Jonas
post Jun 6 2016, 09:29 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,481
Going to edit with some comments tomorrow when I've got more time! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
kye
post Jun 6 2016, 09:44 PM
Post #12
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169
Sorry I took the full stops out of mine so I'll go back and do that and I'll add commentary in tomorrow.

+Quote this post
Tyler
post Jun 6 2016, 10:00 PM
Post #13
Group icon
QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jun 6 2016, 05:05 PM) *
Just reminding everyone that Tyler has very kindly decided to buy someone a copy of "B9" (or a month's subscription to iTunes/Spotify if preferred - BUT I'm going to add this little tidbit, you MUST stream Britney's album, FIRST! (and obviously as many times throughout the week as you can) kink.gif) if they write some commentary for the tracks.

Even though this is a rate, we would still like some discussion! biggrin.gif

(Those who have already rated, you can edit in your commentary whenever you're free to do so! Just a couple of tracks a day is ok if you prefer!)

Yes! Thanks for elaborating on that. Feel free to use the service for any other artist, but, your first play must be a complete run through of 'B9'. If you only listen to it once (please stream 500x though) that's fine. But, yeah thanks for adding that! <3

And yes, feel free to add commentary to your scores at any point. You can even copy and paste your final commentary into a new post to bring more attention to it, AS LONG AS THE SCORES REMAIN THE SAME! Thank you guys for participating!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jun 6 2016, 11:30 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Commentary will come tomorrow/Wednesday! But for now, here's my rating!

09.0 Till The World Ends
>> What an anthem, hey? It's clear to see why this is the closing song for her Vegas set. I think a couple of years ago I would've given this a "10", but I think I've tired of it myself, slightly. Still an utter jam though and I completely GET it's appeal. <<

10.0 Hold It Against Me
>> I find this really under appreciated and underrated nowadays. I prefer it to TTWE, personally and I think it's aged pretty well. The video is a masterpiece too. It's a forgotten gem and deserves to perform better than I fear it will. <<

07.5 Inside Out
>> As I said below, I've actually come around to this song so much since I've been relistening to the album recently. I've always "liked" it, I've just never "loved" or even got the love for it. The chorus opens with a HUGE "SO COME AAAAAWWWNNN..." and I just can't help but feel disappointed that it doesn't quite live up to the power that the beginning of it promises us. <<

08.0 I Wanna Go
>> Very good song. I did tire of this pretty quickly though. Probably the song I tired of the quickest, so as it was announced as a single I was always a little hesitant about it's performance, but I was really wrong on that, for America at least. I think I can see why it was such a huge radio hit in the US (her biggest ever!) but I can't help but feel the video sold this song more than the actual song did. <<

10.0 How I Roll
>> OH HOW I LOVE THIS. It's ALWAYS been a fave of mine. I always imagined quite a dark and gritty video for this, so to see the performance of it on the 'Femme Fatale' tour and it being performed to bright, pink and vibrant colours shocked me, but I was actually impressed and it actually really worked and all I wanted from there on in was a video and for it to be a single. </3 I still think this is actually the closest we have got to 'Blackout'. <<

08.5 (Drop Dead) Beautiful [Ft. Sabi]
>> I had no idea that this wasn't really a favourite. For some reason I always thought it'd be the under dog of the album. Extremely catchy and quotable! "Steamin' like a pot full of vegetables". ICONIC. Sabi was a great feature. Britney forever lending a helping hand to the unknowns <3 <<

07.0 Seal It With A Kiss
>> I feel I should like this a whole lot more than I actually do. It HAS been growing on me since this rate though (and I'd probably rate it slightly higher now) it's very catchy ofc, but also a little annoying. <<

08.5 Big Fat Bass [Ft. Will.I.Am.]
>> will.i.am actually does GOOD for Brit *.* I still absolutely love this. The bassline is incredible. "I can be the treble baby you can be the bass". I really think this would've made a great single choice and would have made an interesting video concept! <<

08.0 Trouble For Me
>> First listen, this was "10 out of 10". It's been dwindling in popularity for me ever since, but I think I've found common ground with it now. A lovely little number, but that's it really. <<

11.0 Trip To Your Heart
>> I think my love for this is well documented in this forum so I'm not going to go into it too much more, even though I am one of only 2 people to actually adore it (R.I.P. Luciano mate <3 Missing you). I love the pulsating production throughout and I think the lyrics are really cute and sweet. Then we have the Aleko's Retrovirus Club Mix... OUTSTANDING. (No video link available though </3 Booooo) <<

08.0 Gasoline
>> This song is really good. It would have made a much more interesting single choice over 'Criminal' and I actually think it could've been a surprise hit all over! So much fiyah and personality and attitude. Something that's been lacking in Britney singles for a while! I think the video could've been explosive (literally) too! <<

06.5 Criminal
>> Never really got this and it being announced as a single was upsetting tbh. Especially over a lot of what was left to choose from. I did think it'd be a bigger hit than it was though. Especially in Europe. <<

08.0 Up n' Down
>> Britney throwing us back to some 90's EuroDance *.* This is so much fun and really funky. Would've made for another interesting single choice. Not sure if it'd have done better or worse than 'Criminal', but I imagine it would've done something more in Europe? <<

09.0 He About To Lose Me
>> The single that never was? There was still hope for all of us after Nicki Minaj chose to release 'Super Bass' as a single, despite it being a bonus track (and having HUGE success with it) I think this would have been a big hit for her. Especially on radio. I think it's the sort of song she needs to release in the UK in order to get a genuine hit again. <<

06.0 Selfish
>> Always has been my least favourite from the album, despite finding it fun I also don't think there's a whole lot to it. Glad it's just a bonus track as this is literally "bonus track fodder" to me. <<

06.5 Don't Keep Me Waiting
>> She did the hard-pop/soft-rock thing better, earlier in the album ('Trouble For Me'). This track is slightly annoying and I think 'Rock Me In' from 'Circus' is better than this too, despite this being ok.

Relistened to this album twice today, I think I'm (finally) coming round to 'Inside Out' (still hella overrated though) :') and 'Criminal' has never been anywhere near my favourite, and I was disappointed they chose that as a single over about 50% of the choices that were left sad.gif

+Quote this post
Tyler
post Jun 6 2016, 11:50 PM
Post #15
Group icon
FINALLY! I'm glad you are finally starting to see the beauty of 'Inside Out'. I'm totally content with you giving it a 7.5 after all these years! Lol.

+Quote this post
Jckattackz
post Jun 7 2016, 06:19 AM
Post #16
Group icon
New Entry
User: 23,348
11. Till The World Ends
One of my all time favorite Brit songs. Since I heard it it has be jamming out and I turn it all the way up whenever it comes on. From the synth beats to the awesome lyrical chorus... It remains on my playlist.
10. Hold It Against Me
One of her strongest lead singles. Still not as awesome as the lead track on the album, but still an amazing addition to her single collection.
08. Inside Out
Good show on the vocals but I'm not a huge fan of ballads. Still a good showcase to remind people that she can sing.
10. I Wanna Go
Great third single ... It really propelled Brit again
08. How I Roll
Not a single I would have toured with .. But still a catchy tune
10. (Drop Dead) Beautiful [Ft. Sabi]
This would have been a better single than Criminal. Such a fun and catchy song.

07. Seal It With A Kiss
Ok track. Not the strongest but still enjoyable.
10. Big Fat Bass [Ft. Will.I.Am.]
Awesome follow up with Will I Am. Catchy and fun and awesome beat. Great workout song.
08. Trouble For Me
Ok song. Could have been swapped for another track in the cut list.
06. Trip To Your Heart
Not her strongest track but still a good contender. Would have served better as a bonus track on the album.
09. Gasoline
Fun and Dancy. Makes me excited when I hear it - deserved a release
08. Criminal
Not my favorite but still a good song nonetheless .
09. Up n' Down
Good choice to wound oit the album. Would have served good as a single but goood choice including it in the tour.
10. He About To Lose Me
When I'm feeling the need to connect with my inner beauty I play this. He about to lose me for real - who hasn't felt these lyrics?
10. Selfish
Another track that would have served better as a single. When I'm feeling ignored and spunky I throw this track on and get ready to head out.
Good song but ultimately not one I would have released.

+Quote this post
Tyler
post Jun 7 2016, 06:40 AM
Post #17
Group icon
QUOTE(Jckattackz @ Jun 7 2016, 02:19 AM) *
11. Till The World Ends
One of my all time favorite Brit songs. Since I heard it it has be jamming out and I turn it all the way up whenever it comes on. From the synth beats to the awesome lyrical chorus... It remains on my playlist.
10. Hold It Against Me
One of her strongest lead singles. Still not as awesome as the lead track on the album, but still an amazing addition to her single collection.
08. Inside Out
Good show on the vocals but I'm not a huge fan of ballads. Still a good showcase to remind people that she can sing.
10. I Wanna Go
Great third single ... It really propelled Brit again
08. How I Roll
Not a single I would have toured with .. But still a catchy tune
10. (Drop Dead) Beautiful [Ft. Sabi]
This would have been a better single than Criminal. Such a fun and catchy song.

07. Seal It With A Kiss
Ok track. Not the strongest but still enjoyable.
10. Big Fat Bass [Ft. Will.I.Am.]
Awesome follow up with Will I Am. Catchy and fun and awesome beat. Great workout song.
08. Trouble For Me
Ok song. Could have been swapped for another track in the cut list.
06. Trip To Your Heart
Not her strongest track but still a good contender. Would have served better as a bonus track on the album.
09. Gasoline
Fun and Dancy. Makes me excited when I hear it - deserved a release
08. Criminal
Not my favorite but still a good song nonetheless .
09. Up n' Down
Good choice to wound oit the album. Would have served good as a single but goood choice including it in the tour.
10. He About To Lose Me
When I'm feeling the need to connect with my inner beauty I play this. He about to lose me for real - who hasn't felt these lyrics?
10. Selfish
Another track that would have served better as a single. When I'm feeling ignored and spunky I throw this track on and get ready to head out.
Good song but ultimately not one I would have released.

JACKSON?!? Please become a regular poster! So glad to see you have signed up! ❤️

+Quote this post
John-James
post Jun 7 2016, 08:42 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 20,665
07.5 Till The World Ends

Great Party track gets you up in the mood, its very Kesha-esque but Britney does make it her own. However like most Kesha penned tracks it does get quite tiresome after about 10 listens. The production is on point in places but patchy in some.

10.0 Hold It Against Me

Well it was the first single for a reason the breakdown still KILLS me not even kidding this is EPIC pop and it was so succesful for a reason tongue.gif Still cant get over the breakdown and the killer beats and her voice. The slow chorus works amazingly well its so cohesive.

11.0 Inside Out

This song is Hot. Its just brilliant, its a real mid tempo but you could bust some serious moves with it. Production is flawless and I love the vocal distortion in the chorus. Apparently, Make Me sounds like this which is great news if its true!

08.0 I Wanna Go

Production is kind of generic but it such feel good song and although I haven't heard it in a club, I can imagine it being incredible! Such a strong catchy chorus. Also love the video, F** YOU, F*** YOU!

09.0 How I Roll

Very K-POP, always remind me of like Bubble Pop or something similar. I loved the snippet of this when it first came out and I still love the full song. Its so slick and the production is amazing! So many things going on at once but still blending as one into a cohesive sound.

08.0 (Drop Dead) Beautiful

I was never sure on this one at first to be honest but I have grown to really like it over the years. Sabi's verse (or should I say Kesha) is actually not that bad. Thee chorus after the drop dead bit is epic an enjoyable one at that.

07.0 Seal It With A Kiss

Not amazing like some of the other songs on the album but very enjoyable nevertheless. I love the "Uh Uh Ooohhhh"s in the chorus and the "Ah Hah"'s throughout the song are probably my favourite parts. Slightly generic chorus but it has a strong melody meaning it becomes quite addictive.

01.0 Big Fat Bass

I honestly hate this song. I have a very love-hate relationship with will.u.not to begin with but this song is dire. I guess if it was a solo song then it would be listenable but I can't stand the distortion that will.i.am places on his vocals. So annoying!

06.5 Trouble For Me

The instrumental to this day has reminded me of something but I still can't think what it is. It's a good song and quite a different to the other songs on the album. If i'm honest, it's one of the weaker songs on the album because it lacks a strong melody for me and the melody that is has feels really forced and awkward.

06.0 Trip To Your Heart

Always reminded me of Heaven On Earth this one which is a good thing. I love the transition from the verse and chorus but I find the chorus slightly disappointing and weak. It's very childish, almost like it was from a nursery song or something laugh.gif Maybe it's the instrumental which is like a triangle or something similar.

10.0 Gasoline

I can't believe this was never a single! Such a waste! This song is incredible, such a powerful chorus with an incredible catchy melody and powerful beat. I love the almost grit-like vocals during the chorus and then the heavenly high notes. Even the verses are catchy! Love it!

10.0 Criminal

I actually think this was a good single but I can't say I'm surprised it never set the charts on fire. It's almost chill and laid back and thats what I like about it. Lyrically, I quite like the song, I guess a lot of people can relate laugh.gif The chorus is quite infection for a song that doesn't have a powerful beat or rhythm.

05.5 Up n' Down

Never really got this one, I've noticed a lot of people love this and wanted it to be a single but it's a fairly average song to me. The chorus is catchy but it irritates me that it's not sung entirely by Britney and instead is this random males voice. It's quite repetitive and I get bored of it quickly.

09.0 He About To Lose Me

Now this is good song! There is something about the way she sings in the chorus but I absolutely love it! (Probably because it's not Britney! laugh.gif ) The verses are nearly as catchy as the chorus who those "Ah eh eh eh" at the end of each line.

9.0 Selfish

I can never decide between this or HATLM as to which is my favourite deluxe track. Now first let's talk about that intro! Already epic! I love the La La La's during the verses, I'm always a sucker for those. The guitar during the chorus is probably my favourite part of the whole song, love it! The chorus is infectious, just can't help getting the melody stuck in your head.

I appreciate that she tried something different with this song and kind of went more Rock-Pop but I prefer a lot of the other tracks frankly. I must admit that the pre-chrous is incredible and honestly one of my favourite parts on the album. The vocals during the chorus also remind of Britney/ITZ which I appreciate. Also when I'm impatient I can use this song to make a reference which I always enjoy doing hah! tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Tyler
post Jun 7 2016, 09:10 AM
Post #19
Group icon
QUOTE(John-James @ Jun 7 2016, 04:42 AM) *
07.5 Till The World Ends

Great Party track gets you up in the mood, its very Kesha-esque but Britney does make it her own. However like most Kesha penned tracks it does get quite tiresome after about 10 listens. The production is on point in places but patchy in some.

10.0 Hold It Against Me

Well it was the first single for a reason the breakdown still KILLS me not even kidding this is EPIC pop and it was so succesful for a reason tongue.gif Still cant get over the breakdown and the killer beats and her voice. The slow chorus works amazingly well its so cohesive.

11.0 Inside Out

This song is Hot. Its just brilliant, its a real mid tempo but you could bust some serious moves with it. Production is flawless and I love the vocal distortion in the chorus. Apparently, Make Me sounds like this which is great news if its true!

08.0 I Wanna Go

Production is kind of generic but it such feel good song and although I haven't heard it in a club, I can imagine it being incredible! Such a strong catchy chorus. Also love the video, F** YOU, F*** YOU!

09.0 How I Roll

Very K-POP, always remind me of like Bubble Pop or something similar. I loved the snippet of this when it first came out and I still love the full song. Its so slick and the production is amazing! So many things going on at once but still blending as one into a cohesive sound.

08.0 (Drop Dead) Beautiful

I was never sure on this one at first to be honest but I have grown to really like it over the years. Sabi's verse (or should I say Kesha) is actually not that bad. Thee chorus after the drop dead bit is epic an enjoyable one at that.

07.0 Seal It With A Kiss

Not amazing like some of the other songs on the album but very enjoyable nevertheless. I love the "Uh Uh Ooohhhh"s in the chorus and the "Ah Hah"'s throughout the song are probably my favourite parts. Slightly generic chorus but it has a strong melody meaning it becomes quite addictive.

01.0 Big Fat Bass

I honestly hate this song. I have a very love-hate relationship with will.u.not to begin with but this song is dire. I guess if it was a solo song then it would be listenable but I can't stand the distortion that will.i.am places on his vocals. So annoying!

06.5 Trouble For Me

The instrumental to this day has reminded me of something but I still can't think what it is. It's a good song and quite a different to the other songs on the album. If i'm honest, it's one of the weaker songs on the album because it lacks a strong melody for me and the melody that is has feels really forced and awkward.

06.0 Trip To Your Heart

Always reminded me of Heaven On Earth this one which is a good thing. I love the transition from the verse and chorus but I find the chorus slightly disappointing and weak. It's very childish, almost like it was from a nursery song or something laugh.gif Maybe it's the instrumental which is like a triangle or something similar.

10.0 Gasoline

I can't believe this was never a single! Such a waste! This song is incredible, such a powerful chorus with an incredible catchy melody and powerful beat. I love the almost grit-like vocals during the chorus and then the heavenly high notes. Even the verses are catchy! Love it!

10.0 Criminal

I actually think this was a good single but I can't say I'm surprised it never set the charts on fire. It's almost chill and laid back and thats what I like about it. Lyrically, I quite like the song, I guess a lot of people can relate laugh.gif The chorus is quite infection for a song that doesn't have a powerful beat or rhythm.

05.5 Up n' Down

Never really got this one, I've noticed a lot of people love this and wanted it to be a single but it's a fairly average song to me. The chorus is catchy but it irritates me that it's not sung entirely by Britney and instead is this random males voice. It's quite repetitive and I get bored of it quickly.

09.0 He About To Lose Me

Now this is good song! There is something about the way she sings in the chorus but I absolutely love it! (Probably because it's not Britney! laugh.gif ) The verses are nearly as catchy as the chorus who those "Ah eh eh eh" at the end of each line.

9.0 Selfish

I can never decide between this or HATLM as to which is my favourite deluxe track. Now first let's talk about that intro! Already epic! I love the La La La's during the verses, I'm always a sucker for those. The guitar during the chorus is probably my favourite part of the whole song, love it! The chorus is infectious, just can't help getting the melody stuck in your head.

I appreciate that she tried something different with this song and kind of went more Rock-Pop but I prefer a lot of the other tracks frankly. I must admit that the pre-chrous is incredible and honestly one of my favourite parts on the album. The vocals during the chorus also remind of Britney/ITZ which I appreciate. Also when I'm impatient I can use this song to make a reference which I always enjoy doing hah! tongue.gif

Somebody is trying to win that prize! Fantastic commentary.

+Quote this post
post Jun 7 2016, 09:14 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
11.0 Till The World Ends - Within my top 3 Britney songs of ALL TIME.
08.5 Hold It Against Me
08.5 Inside Out
10.0 I Wanna Go
08.0 How I Roll
08.5 (Drop Dead) Beautiful [Ft. Sabi]
07.0 Seal It With A Kiss
06.5 Big Fat Bass [Ft. Will.I.Am.]
08.0 Trouble For Me
09.0 Trip To Your Heart
10.0 Gasoline
06.0 Criminal
07.0 Up n' Down
09.0 He About To Lose Me
05.0 Selfish
05.0 Don't Keep Me Waiting

-Commentary coming soon-

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:13 PM