BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
78 Pages V  « < 64 65 66 67 68 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> The lovely discussion of all things EU and/or Brexit, Part V
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
blacksquare
post 24th June 2019, 10:07 AM
Post #1301
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

Woeful
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 24th June 2019, 10:14 AM
Post #1302
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Brexit, at any cost, eh? Lunatics.

The people voted to lose their jobs and ensuring that happens is our top priority.

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 24th June 2019, 01:23 PM
Post #1303
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

No Deal has very little chance of happening, and Boris knows that - but he says whatever is required to get what he wants, that's been his MO since the early 1990s.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48742881

Tobias Ellwood has confirmed that there are more than enough Tory rebels prepared to vote with the opposition parties in a motion of no confidence IF the government effectively makes no deal its Brexit policy.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 24th June 2019, 07:09 PM
Post #1304
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

We live in a world where Tobias Ellwood is now the voice of reasonable sanity within the Tory Party. One of our local MP's, and former military man. Like Rory Stewart, it's almost as if men with experience of the world, and serving their country, know a thing or two about facts, telling the truth and doing what is right, unlike the rich inheritance-based tosspots who have no experience of the real world at all. Granted at officer level not oik level, but hey, it IS the Tory Party....

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 24th June 2019, 08:07 PM
Post #1305
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Jun 24 2019, 08:09 PM) *
We live in a world where Tobias Ellwood is now the voice of reasonable sanity within the Tory Party. One of our local MP's, and former military man. Like Rory Stewart, it's almost as if men with experience of the world, and serving their country, know a thing or two about facts, telling the truth and doing what is right, unlike the rich inheritance-based tosspots who have no experience of the real world at all. Granted at officer level not oik level, but hey, it IS the Tory Party....

Such a contrast with his neighbour Conor Burns, a man whose commitment to his constituents made him block me on Twitter when he was my MP. Burns worshipped Thatcher but wants the UK to walk away from the single market which she did so much to introduce.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 25th June 2019, 07:00 AM
Post #1306
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Jun 24 2019, 09:07 PM) *
Such a contrast with his neighbour Conor Burns, a man whose commitment to his constituents made him block me on Twitter when he was my MP. Burns worshipped Thatcher but wants the UK to walk away from the single market which she did so much to introduce.

yes and also like the long-serving Poole Tory MP who is rude and uninterested and unsympathetic to issues brought to his attention. Rich and lives near Sandbanks of course. When I bought to his attention I was unhappy with the Tory-created petrol shortages and culture of garage closures which left people unable to do their work because all the local garages ran out of petrol, he basically replied "don't know what you're talking about, I filled my car up quite easily where I live". Yes, I'm sure rich Tories living in the Sandbanks area did manage to fill up their car with petrol. Ignored all the points I made of course and didn't even attempt to offer sympathy.

Arrogant.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 29th June 2019, 01:41 PM
Post #1307
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

great trade news!

"James Melville
@JamesMelville
·
7h
A massive trade deal has been agreed between the EU and South America. The biggest free trade deal ever agreed between continental trading blocs. Great news for British exporters who will now have no tariffs when they export to South America.....Oh. Shit."

and it only took 20 years to agree!

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 2nd July 2019, 03:41 PM
Post #1308
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

How unbelievably rude of the brexit party mps to turn their backs at parliament. I’m ashamed.

+Quote this post
Jester
post 2nd July 2019, 06:39 PM
Post #1309
Group icon
Right in front of my salad?!
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12

QUOTE(dandy* @ Jul 2 2019, 04:41 PM) *
How unbelievably rude of the brexit party mps to turn their backs at parliament. I’m ashamed.

Me too. They are a f***ing disgrace.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 2nd July 2019, 07:16 PM
Post #1310
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

especially since they are happy to give their bank account details for the 80 grand plus expenses they get for "working" plus a pension.

Hypocrites. If they truly believed what they claimed they would refuse to attend and turn down the wages.

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 2nd July 2019, 09:02 PM
Post #1311
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753

QUOTE(dandy* @ Jul 2 2019, 04:41 PM) *

Utterly childish and disrespectful

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 2nd July 2019, 10:22 PM
Post #1312
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

Don't know why people are surprised, these are the people that want to destroy the British economy for 2 generations so they can have a blue passport. Absolute meffs. No-one voted for No Deal so they can fuk right off.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 3rd July 2019, 05:35 AM
Post #1313
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

It makes it all about them yet again, they know their voter base has sadly long gone past the ability to be appalled by acts of blatant disrespect like this. This is, or should be, diplomatic incident level.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 3rd July 2019, 06:58 AM
Post #1314
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

Yes I agree that what they did was an absolute disgrace and very immature and childish. They should be ashamed of themselves.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 3rd July 2019, 07:22 AM
Post #1315
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

It's just so embarrassing for us. This is what is representing us on the international stage.

Do they think European's zip up the back? They can see this, they can see leavers going off on twitter (surprise! We made English Linga Franca so everyone can read your weird little tirade), they can see the nonsense printed in our papers. All of this hurts us. They claim to want a deal, then they undermine everything, slag off the people they're trying to make a deal with, post some rule britannia bullshit on twitter and then are shocked when they're told to shove it???

These dense mcnuggets are a national embarrassment and should be put in a rocket on a one way trip to the sun posthaste.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 4th July 2019, 02:13 PM
Post #1316
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

farage has said the break up of the UK is a price worth paying for brexit. That's not what he said 3 years ago. Still a new land border with the EU should focus minds when he starts moaning about London and they decide to secede from little England. He could keep the queen and we would keep industry that is left after it all goes tits up

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 4th July 2019, 06:58 PM
Post #1317
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Ann "let's cure the gays" widdlecum has made her spectacular speech comparing th EU to slaves rising up against the slave masters, which is offensive to democracy, to black history, to peasants (she's a redneck Tory not an "up for the workers" flag-waver) who supposedly rise up against establishment masters eg the royalty and unelected, not even seeing the hilarious reality that she comes from a privileged background, and just got ELECTED TO THE INSTITUTION SHE HATES AND STILL TAKES THE 80K AND PENSION-FOR-LIFE.

What a toff-loving, homophobic, sad, bitter, nasty, lying, warped old woman. Apart from that she's as great at dancing as she is everything else. Thinks she comes over as a freedom fighter, when she's really longing for the good Old Days of the Empire when everyone did what the Brits wanted, or else they'd send in the troops. Alienating your friends and neighbours and sucking up to tyrants is not a great way to "free" people from "slavery", it's a way of sending them into slavery once they become jobless and helpless and desperate.

Widdlecum the Revolution, I name thee.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 4th July 2019, 09:36 PM
Post #1318
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

if you watch that speech on mute it just looks so hate filled and bitter.

She's an abhorrent c**t who should be rotting in prison for hate crimes.

I'll happily let England have Brexit in return for Irish Reunification and Scottish Independence. Doesn't solve all the problems in Ireland or Scotland by a long shot, but they sure as shit ain't being solved by a UK government that don't give a f*** about anything north of watford gap

+Quote this post
mald487
post 5th July 2019, 02:14 AM
Post #1319
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 19,091

ANNE WIDDECOMBE - Foul

What these lunatics are doing to the UK is unforgiveable. This is NOT what 17.4 million people voted for. One of the worlds largest economies, turning it's back on the world, going in on itself all because the leader of the party doesn't have the balls to say "This isn't workable, we can't do this without severely impacting your lives."

PATHETIC

This post has been edited by mald487: 5th July 2019, 09:10 AM

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 13th July 2019, 07:26 PM
Post #1320
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

This is a brilliant analysis:

https://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/20...t-betokens.html