BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RESULTS: Buzzjack's Oscars of the Decade, STARTING NOW
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post Apr 17 2016, 09:30 PM
Post #21
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Think everyone I voted for in both those categories went out in the first batch!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Apr 17 2016, 09:40 PM
Post #22
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Julianne's performance is so under appreciated. Bored of the generic "they only won coz they hadn't before" comments. If they actually SAW 'Still Alice', they would not be saying that. One of the best performances I've seen by anyone in a long, LONG time.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Apr 24 2016, 07:56 PM
Post #23
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Lol, these results are coming. On either Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday of this coming week. Promise ! tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Apr 25 2016, 07:05 PM
Post #24
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
BEST PICTURE

01. Toy Story 3 (9)
02. Her (8)
03. Juno (4)
=. Up (4)
05. The Help (3)
=. Little Miss Sunshine (3)
=. Les Misérables (3)
08. Room (2)
09. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (0)
=. Boyhood (0)

Toy Story 3 sadly wins Best Picture of the decade, I've said my piece on Toy Story before and although this is my favourite of the trilogy (it is legitimately petrifying at times), I still wouldn't put it above most of this list. Her is my favourite for being so unique and hard-hitting at the same time, props to the film for making such a crazy concept feel so real too. Juno and Up come joint third, Juno is pretty funny and a lot of fun to watch so I can see why it's so popular. I've also said I'm not a big fan of Up but I can see why the opening montage touches so many people. Three films come in joint fifth, I appreciated The Help a lot due to its powerhouse performances and how it focused on the less extreme end of racism too (in comparison to stuff like 12 Years a Slave) whilst still being so completely apalling, it's so great when Octavia gets her own back. Little Miss Sunshine is cute and has a fair few laughs too but ultimately I don't think it sticks with you as much as some of these other films. Les Mis is a fantastic adaptation of the classic musical, utterly heart-breaking at times and never boring despite its length. I was the only one who voted for Room but it's already one of my all-time favourites, very powerful and so thrilling throughout. Not seen Curious Case but looks very interesting. However, so did Boyhood but I ended up being bored for the majority of it so not sad to see it come joint last here.

BEST DIRECTOR

01. Darren Aronofsky – Black Swan (10)
02. Richard Linklater – Boyhood (8)
03. Lenny Abrahamson – Room (5)
04. Steve McQueen – 12 Years a Slave (3)
=. Martin Scorcese - Hugo (3)
=. James Cameron - Avatar (3)
07. Ang Lee – Life of Pi (1)
08. Martin Scorcese - The Departed (0)
=. Joel and Ethan Coen - No Country for Old Men (0)
=. Danny Boyle - Slumdog Millionaire (0)

Thankfully Darren Aronofsky wins here, no other director has made me feel so uneasy and tense the whole way through a film in a long time. Richard Linklater definitely had an interesting and unique filming his film over 12 years but ultimately I did find it a bit dull, props to him for doing something different though so I did chuck a few points his way. Lenny Abrahamson managed to get a fantastic performance from a very young child actor as well as overcome the problems of filming in such a confined space so he deserved all his praise for sure. Steve McQueen managed to make 12 Years a Slave stick in the minds of everyone for years afterwards. And finally, James Cameron took visual effects to the next level with Avatar, still impressive visually but not really the most interesting direction aside from that so it doesn't seem to have held up as well. The other five I haven't seen unfortunately sad.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Apr 25 2016, 07:07 PM
Post #25
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
YASSSSSSS TOY STORY 3 cheer.gif cheer.gif Favourite film of all time so delighted at that winning heart.gif

Also glad Aronofsky won, would have probably been my top choice had I seen Black Swan in time for this!

Thanks for this Josh, has been really interesting heart.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:17 AM