BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Every Solo Female UK Top 40 hit (2000-2017)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
danG
post May 8 2018, 09:53 AM
Post #21
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
Not a solo female hit as it features Justin Timberlake.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post May 8 2018, 11:07 AM
Post #22
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
When it comes to I'm Real, I'd say the main version in the UK was the solo version.

CD1 includes the J.Lo album version (i.e. solo version) in a radio edit form, as well as its music video & a club remix of that solo version.

CD2 includes the Ja Rule Murder Remix, three club remixes of the J.Lo album version and the Ja Rule Murder remix video.

Both CD1 and CD2 simply say "Jennifer Lopez - I'm Real" on the spine. The stickers on both formats say "Jennifer Lopez - I'm Real", with CD2 specifying "Ja Rule Remix". In a way it almost felt like a Double A Side, given how the Murder Remix is a completely different song (bar sharing the same title), although from my point of view the main promotional emphasis went towards the solo version here in the UK.

It's fair to say that both versions got exposure on UK TV, but I remember the solo version was played more regularly on the main pop orientated music channels, while the remix got more plays on MTV Base.

I suppose the timing of the UK release was such that both versions were able to find themselves included on the same release. A very different scenario to Ain't It Funny original and Ain't It Funny Murder Remix singles, which were released 7 months apart in the UK and therefore treated as two separate singles.

I always thought it was an odd concept, i.e. writing a completely different song and giving it the same title as a previous single and referring to it as a remix. Presumably the I'm Real solo version and I'm Real Murder Remix sales/streams both go towards the one "I'm Real" entry in the UK, even though they're different songs. It makes me wonder how easy or not it is for the OCC to differentiate between the Ain't It Funny original & remix versions downloads/streams, to go towards two separate single releases?

+Quote this post
Jamie Barkley
post Nov 10 2018, 05:39 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 20,056
Updated for the first time since June. Ariana's landed 4 solo Top 40 hits since then, and Jess Glynne has added 2. Rita Ora, Lady Gaga, Zara Larsson and Pink have also added to their tally's whilst Halsey has scored her first Top 40 hit as a solo artist. Freya Ridings and Billie Eilish have marked their first entries as well.

+Quote this post
mkirilenkofan
post Nov 18 2018, 01:33 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 51,543
Leona had another that charted at 29.

26.12.2009 - Stop Crying Your Heart Out.

+Quote this post
Jamie Barkley
post Nov 18 2018, 06:33 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
Adjusted! And added Cheryl and Ava Max whilst I was at it.

+Quote this post
Jamie Barkley
post Oct 24 2020, 09:23 AM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
2019/2020 update!

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:26 PM