BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Louisa Johnson - Forever Young, 1st single | Winner of X Factor 2015
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jessie Where
post Dec 14 2015, 05:03 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
QUOTE(Hadji @ Dec 14 2015, 04:18 PM) *
She already has an album due out 26th February? Blimey that's quick. Will it be an album of songs she performed on X Factor or are they doing a Sam Bailey with her and rush-releasing an album

Where have you heard that?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Dec 14 2015, 05:04 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
QUOTE(JimmyT @ Dec 14 2015, 04:25 PM) *
The only decent winners song for a long time has been James Arthur Impossible.

I thought that was a brutal bast*rdisation of the brilliant Shontelle original track, though I do accept it's (somehow) the most popular.

+Quote this post
Hadji
post Dec 14 2015, 05:08 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,386
QUOTE(mr_pmt @ Dec 14 2015, 05:03 PM) *
Where have you heard that?

It was on iTunes

+Quote this post
Marty
post Dec 14 2015, 05:24 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,128
QUOTE(mr_pmt @ Dec 14 2015, 05:04 PM) *
I thought that was a brutal bast*rdisation of the brilliant Shontelle original track, though I do accept it's (somehow) the most popular.

It being a brilliant track helped it :0) and tbf he did a really good vocal on it. It actually was a hit in quite a few European countries.
[it remains the only XFactor winners song I can recall buying].

I assume they will take quite a bit of time with Louisa's album. They need to understand her market and sound- because I dont think its that obvious, especially if they keep Ella on board.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Dec 15 2015, 10:48 PM
Post #25
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
I think I'm actually really starting to like this. Like, genuinely. Such a gorgeous version of the song wub.gif

Really hope this flopping doesn't mean it'll be over before it's started for her. I think she'll be fine if Simon gives her a 'Ghost' type pop smash and I believe he will. He's really interested in her and genuinely so. I don't think I've seen him gush over a contestant so much since Leona.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post Dec 16 2015, 10:46 AM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030
As long as it gets the #1, I think that's all Simon cares about.

He already believes this was a successful X Factor.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Dec 16 2015, 12:17 PM
Post #27
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
QUOTE(KWEEN_DEE @ Dec 16 2015, 10:46 AM) *
As long as it gets the #1, I think that's all Simon cares about.

He already believes this was a successful X Factor.

He'll be disappointed then.

+Quote this post
CharlieB
post Dec 17 2015, 08:53 AM
Post #28
Group icon
New Entry
User: 22,740
It's a shame for Louisa that the song isn't likely to reach number 1 but if dwindling ratings and a failin winners single don't make Simon realise X Factor needs a serious reshuffle, then I'm not sure what will!

I remember American Idol had a songwriting contest at one point where the selected song would be sang by the winner. I think that would work well for the X Factor. It's time to abandon these boring cover versions!

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post Dec 17 2015, 11:37 AM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030
I wonder what his excuse will be for this

+Quote this post
pippa
post Dec 17 2015, 11:43 AM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
Ratings decline etc aside, i do believe this years winning single is so weak, this version simply goes nowhere and it is by no means catchy. X Factor winning singles usually have a the sing a long factor. This version simply misses this boat completely.

I do agree, Simon Cowell needs to make sure his team work on a proper winners single. It is highly questionable why they can not have a brand new song as the single each year.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Dec 17 2015, 11:48 AM
Post #31
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
I disagree with the comments that say "it doesn't go anywhere". It just builds and builds up to that big finale.

Yep that's right. I'm a proper stan for this now lmao! sad.gif

+Quote this post
Hadji
post Dec 17 2015, 12:19 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,386
One reason X Factor has been in decline this year: Louis Walsh. Whether you love him or hate him, you can't have X Factor without him. Simon just needs to sack Grimmy and bring Louis back

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Dec 17 2015, 12:39 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
QUOTE(mr_pmt @ Dec 14 2015, 06:04 PM) *

Me too.

He sounded like a chain smoker and was really strugglung to hit anything. It was terrible.

No it's not time to ditch the boring covers tbh ... ...as it's LONG past the time!!!! Shoulda been having original songs all the time except for Hallelujah. The confusingbthing is the first song by Shane was original and did the best out of all, much better than covers!! Pop Idol did great songs, look at Sound... Underground! Covers are cheap and kazy for this show.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Dec 17 2015, 01:30 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
I don't know if Louis Walshe makes much difference. The problem if anything is there is an over focus on the judging panel. Strictly dont focus as much on the judges as X Factor do. Also the constant changing of the panel i believe does the show no favours. It would be nice for some consistency on the judging panel. The format has got very predictable and stale. I am an X Factor fan, but my passion and excitement is much lower for the last 2 seasons. Maybe a 2-3 year break would do it some good.

One change i think they should add, is the judges each week should pick the weakest from their own category. And those 4 contestants go to the public vote with the bottom 2 taking part in the sing off.

+Quote this post
Martyn
post Dec 17 2015, 04:08 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66
I think they have been too knowing with the jokes and catchphrases this year, especially on the "it's not bad news/good news" and "didn't like-love it" stuff.

Anyway she sings it well, but it is boring as hell and seems to be trying to be similar to the music of the Little Mix version of Cannonball. How X Factor Australia manages to get three different original winners songs for their finalists which suit them, and we get one ballad fits all for our finalists I will never know.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Dec 17 2015, 04:32 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
This flopping of course isn't ideal, but it's not going to end things before they even start. As has been said, Simon is definitely interested in her and will get her the right material for her to succeed next year. Of course this is kinda disastrous but it's not the sort of thing she'd release anyway so when she does get a contemporary song that will connect with the public she'll be fine.

I think if anything this shows that the show needs original, exciting winning singles that fit the artists. They don't have to be flawless pop gems produced by Ariel Rechtshaid or Max Martin, but as long as they fit the artists and were a bit more contemporary I'd be happy. Dami Im's Alive from Aussie XF is a great example - still feels like a winner's single but it's much more contemporary and suited her style. Louisa's probably could have been something like Ghost and R&B should have had a Fuse ODG type uptempo. I can't see them changing it for what will presumably be the last series, but if they did it could extend the show - depending on whether ITV just want to focus on The Voice of course. I hope The Voice, under ITV, makes more of an effort with winners than BBC did though!

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Dec 17 2015, 04:35 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
To be fair, aren't we like the only country where the winners singles go to #01?! Idol / X Factor abroad barely make a dent from what I've seen.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Dec 17 2015, 04:43 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
QUOTE(Jack @ Dec 17 2015, 04:35 PM) *
To be fair, aren't we like the only country where the winners singles go to #01?! Idol / X Factor abroad barely make a dent from what I've seen.

Us and maybe Australia for X Factor but the past couple of years they haven't gone #1 (#2 and #3 I believe). In some countries the winner releases nothing, or just their winning single. In English countries i wouldn't say The Voice has produced any real stars! I think Wasting All These Tears by Cassadee Pope in the US is about the biggest hit I've seen from The Voice and that was something like #37. I don't know anyone goes on there when there's little chance of being a star afterwards. It's more of an entertainment show I think, people just don't care about the contestants afterwards.

+Quote this post
CharlieB
post Dec 18 2015, 05:15 PM
Post #39
Group icon
New Entry
User: 22,740
Debuted at number 9 lol

+Quote this post
Dinno
post Dec 18 2015, 06:17 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 14,748
Louisa has spoken and it her next single which is the big deal anyway.

Speaking about the charts this week, Louisa admitted to the ITV website: "For me, it is about Christmas No.1 but if it didn’t get it, the proceeds are going to charity, so I feel like I’ll be doing a good job either way but it would mean the world to me to have it this quickly.”

Read more: http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x...l#ixzz3uhHp9uFN
Follow us: @tellymix on Twitter | tellymix on Facebook

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:44 AM